Thunderbird Global MBA Spring 2011 Admits

Hey Friends, Starting this thread for Thunderbird GMBA Program (Traditional Track - 2 year Full time) Spring 2011 Admits. I got the admission offer recently and have deposited the acceptance fee yesterday. I am new to this forum and hope…

Hey Friends,

Starting this thread for Thunderbird GMBA Program (Traditional Track - 2 year Full time) Spring 2011 Admits. I got the admission offer recently and have deposited the acceptance fee yesterday.

I am new to this forum and hope to see some action on this thread.
All those who plan to join Thunderbird January Intake can discuss our way forward on this thread.

My Profile : Engineer/3.5 Years/IT & Mark./GMAT-690/TOEFL-111

Congrats to Future T-Birds who got the spring 2011 admit & Best of Luck for those awaiting admission.

Cheers,
Avi.

Hi Avinash

Congrats on the admit and best of luck for the future.

Can you tell us the reasons why you zeroed in onto T-bird? Just so that it clears the air about the college,as you usually hear a lot of stories about high acceptance rates and very very low placements. Can you showcase the other side of the story?

any scholarship ?

nikhilkatira Says
any scholarship ?

Thunderbird has a reputation for giving scholarship based on the GMAT score of the accepted candidates. I know of 2 associates who were told that a certain level of scholarship will be provided for a certain score.

Hi Guys,

Good to see some replies on the thread.
@Nikhilk....I am awaiting Scholarship Decision....committee is suppose to meet on Wednesday, so keeping my fingers crossed and hoping to hear from them by the weekend. And yes GMAT score is one of the important deciding factors as Nikhilf said.

@Nikhilf....after a bad fall 2010 application season (late GMAT)...few admits...didn't want to delay much...less choices for the spring intake...word with some of T-bird and ASU people i know who r doing well... reputation of the program...hopefully a schol. chance....are some of the things i took into consideration.

high acceptance rate is attributed to larger intake and 2 admission cycles. some i know come from business families this don't take up jobs...some return back to home countries, being a global program lot many work overseas thus not reporting placements...there is an another thread pertaining to the these queries...might be helpful for u if ur interested.

anyone one of u applied?...or aiming spring amdit elsewhere?

Thanks Avinash for opening the thread.
I also got admit from Thunderbird for spring 2011 with 25 % scholarship.
Profile: GMAT 670
Exp : 5+ In IT Industry
TOEFL : 100

Hi,

My profile is 600/103/3 yrs work ex. UG grades- avg.

I am working as a plant operations head in a manufacturing unit. I have a strong profile but I am low on the GMAT. Is it worth applying to Thunderbird at this score?

Also, I am worried about the location of the school. Arizona is in the middle of nowhere. So, is it worth applying? Whats the brand value? Can you compare it to Katz/Northeastern?? How are the stats for the 2010 batch?

Hope to hear from you soon!!

Thanks!!

Hi,

My profile is 600/103/3 yrs work ex. UG grades- avg.

I am working as a plant operations head in a manufacturing unit. I have a strong profile but I am low on the GMAT. Is it worth applying to Thunderbird at this score?

Also, I am worried about the location of the school. Arizona is in the middle of nowhere. So, is it worth applying? Whats the brand value? Can you compare it to Katz/Northeastern?? How are the stats for the 2010 batch?

Hope to hear from you soon!!

Thanks!!

Hi Ashrut,
ur profile is good. I feel better GMAT score would secure an admit with decent scholarship.
Comparing schools is not allowed in pagalguy. so, I am sorry I cannot answer it here.
All I can say is if you are serious about international business, explore more about thunderbird, which is ranked #1 for past 16 years.
About Location : Thunderbird places students all over the globe, so location should not be consideration factor at all.
As I would be joining thunderbird in jan 2011. I will try to post more accurate and in depth details in pagalguy.

Cheers
San

Hi San,

Thanks a lot for your inputs. Well, I am not able to understand the idea of international business. It looks more like a marketing strategy. What is the difference btw a general management course
and an IB ? They emphasize a lot on the word 'global'.
Could you share your reasons to join T-bird?
Is GMAT is sole criterion for scholarship in T-bird?

Are you in touch with some alumni or current students? It would helpful to have their insights.

Thanks

Hi San,

Thanks a lot for your inputs. Well, I am not able to understand the idea of international business. It looks more like a marketing strategy. What is the difference btw a general management course
and an IB ? They emphasize a lot on the word 'global'.
Could you share your reasons to join T-bird?
Is GMAT is sole criterion for scholarship in T-bird?

Are you in touch with some alumni or current students? It would helpful to have their insights.

Thanks

Below article may give me more in depth info about International business.
International management in the MBA classroom | Top MBA
International business - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If I have to give you a recently example, Airtel is expanding it's business to africa, In such cases International MBA knowledge is must.

Even I heard from friends that GMAT is major criterion for scholarship in T-bird. In fact I have observed that people with 650+ score got 25% scholarship and 690+ have got 50% scholarship. moreover commendable GMAT score along with proper essay can result in 100% scholarship also. However Tbird school does not mention that better GMAT will result in better scholarship.

plenty of other scholarship options are available
Scholarships - Thunderbird School of Global Management

If one score 3.6/4 in first year, he will be eligible for additional 50% scholarship also.

PS: above data is purely my personal opinion , please take it with pinch of salt
http://cdn.pagalguy.net/pagalguy/smilies/icon_mrgreen.gif