Thunderbird fall 2011 admissions

Hi Just thought that I should start a thread for all those applying to the Thunderbird fall 2011 program. Would give us a forum to discuss all issues related to the program.

Hi
Just thought that I should start a thread for all those applying to the Thunderbird fall 2011 program. Would give us a forum to discuss all issues related to the program.

I've got an admission offer email just today. I applied in the round 1 deadline.
Still not sure about the scholarship amount. I've been told to wait for a few days until i get a confirmation on the same. I'm pretty excited though as this is the only offer i have as of now. If a get a decent scholarship i'll be joining thunderbird for sure.

My profile is as follows:

GMAT : 660 (V35 Q46)
Toefl : 106 (27,30,22,27)
Work Exp : 4Y+ when i'll be joining in Top IT companies in India with 2+ Yrs exp into leading a team. Also got numerous awards and recognitions in the company. Also working on my own startup.
Academics : Good

Count me in to. I got an admit email on 7th. No info on scholarship yet. Wasnt interviewed either.

My brief profile:
GMAT: 650/6
TOEFL: 100
Work Exp: 2+ IT
ECs and Community: Excellent

Thanks,
Ashish

Damn have not recieved any email from them. Kepping my fingers crossed, but it seems like I am getting a ding.
My profile
Gmat-690
Workex-3.5 years
Acads-: Not good

Damn have not recieved any email from them. Kepping my fingers crossed, but it seems like I am getting a ding.
My profile
Gmat-690
Workex-3.5 years
Acads-: Not good

Chill dude. The decision date is still 3 days away. Besides, ur high GMAT score will compensate your low acads. Don wry, you will surely get an accept.

hey guys i have also got an admit at Thunderbird 😃

Could you post your profile

Hi puys,

I had also applied in R1. Still haven't received any mail from them. Planning to mail them now.

My profile:

GMAT - 680 (QA-49/VA-34) / 4.0
TOEFL - 107
Work ex - 4 years - Software engineer on ERP platform.
ECs - decent
Acads - average
Good recommendations.

Have received admit from Northeastern.

Congrats to all who made it.

Even i have not received a mail from them. Have called them up. They told me you have a strong application and that you should write the scholarship essay. Have done that, but still no reply. So waiting.

Please tell me who you are mailing, the admissions office or the associate director admissions directly.

Thanks
Gaurang

@gaurang - don't worry dude...till the time we don't get a response from them, don't take it as a no....Thunderbird has an acceptance rate of 75%...
U have a good GMAT score...acads shouldn't be a problem...there's a friend of mine who got the admit last year with score of 710 but pretty average acads n 3 years of work ex..
I would be shocked if u don't make it...

Please tell me who you are mailing, the admissions office or the associate director admissions directly.

Thanks
Gaurang

I will be mailing to admissions office.

Hi,

I have applied for MBA in TB for Fall 2011 in 1st round (Dec 30) deadline. How long does it take to get a interview call usually?

My profile is

GMAT:- 570
Toefl:- 106
Acads:- Good.
Extra-curricular - Good
Work Exp:- 4+ in IT in companies GE, Huawei & Adobe

-Dhana

Received acceptance from Thunderbird yesterday........ :-)

Waiting for scholarship decision.....

My Profile: -
GMAT: - 680
TOEFL: - 100
Acads: - decent
Extra Curricular: - decent
Exp: - 4 years in IT

Received acceptance from Thunderbird yesterday........ :-)

Waiting for scholarship decision.....

My Profile: -
GMAT: - 680
TOEFL: - 100
Acads: - decent
Extra Curricular: - decent
Exp: - 4 years in IT

--
Vinit

Hey All
Congrats on getting admission !

Cheers
San
Global MBA 2012
Thunderbird School of Global Management

Hey All
Congrats on getting admission !

Cheers
San
Global MBA 2012
Thunderbird School of Global Management

Hi,

Can you tell us about the job market for indians post mba? Are der jobs in Phoneix?
Hi,

Can you tell us about the job market for indians post mba? Are der jobs in Phoneix?

I met many seniors in 4th Trimester who are already placed in US and other countries as well. while few others are still looking for job. some bad news, I heard H1B fees have gone up high and companies are keen to hire local candidate. (this is a disadvantage for all international students all over US)

Anyways If you are clear on what Industry you want to go post-MBA it really helps a lot as you can focus on that stream, talk to alumni (Tbird alumni are extremely helpful).

Certainly Phoneix is not in the list of most development cities in US, however many top companies all over US come recruit Thunderbird students. while I agree location disadvantage is there, In fact I expressed the same to one of the senior, he told me with 670 GMAT score I would not have got an admit in this school, had the school been in California or some other highly developed place. after that So I stopped worrying too much about location 😃 .I compromised on location for quality professors. Trade-off always has to happen !

One free advise: get ur career goals clear. participate in brain storming session with friends about ur career goals. believe me this will seriously have lot of impact on ur career search.

Finally, All my opinions are purely personal and treat them as comments from fellow PG friend. I am not here to brand Thunderbird but just to give info to fellow PG mates. answer ur queries regarding VISA / bootcamps / no of credits etc..

I have received scholarship of 25% of tution , approx $20,250.

Thanks Sanduadi. That was surely helpful peice of advice. Infact, the H1-B visa fees is an issue even in NYC. Lets hope things improve after 2 years :).