Thread to track Waitlist movement in XLRI batch 2008-2010

Hey Puys, The race is ON now. XLRI results have been declared, and many of us are euphoric because of conversion. But many are still confused or rather tensed because of the waitlisting. So, here’s a thread which I feel would be necessa…

Hey Puys,

The race is ON now. XLRI results have been declared, and many of us are euphoric because of conversion.

But many are still confused or rather tensed because of the waitlisting. So, here's a thread which I feel would be necessary to track the waitlist movement in XL.

I know that the procedure is yet to start as we haven't received the FINAL call letters yet, but till the 2nd week of April, we can get a response from those who are leaving the seats FOR SURE(either BM for PMIR and vice versa or for any other inst.).

Well, for more info about the purpose of this thread, we can always have a look at last year's thread for the same thing...Please go through it...here's the link

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/xlri-waitlisters-25022704

So here I am presenting this thread with one of the most comprehensive polls (I just hope that I've taken care of all combinations).

EDIT: As PG allows only 10 max. options for the poll, So I had to chop off some options. Now the poll doesn't reflect those joining IN, it only reflects how many are leaving.

P.S. Please post some details in the thread after polling.

My Vote...

BM waitlisted(63) and PMIR selected but will go for BM if selected.

Else... PMIR to hai hi...

I am waitlisted in BM at 61. Dropped all the other calls, would join if given a chance for sure... :bomb:

What are the chances of converting a WL of 14 in PMIR?

I am waitlisted at 51 for BM.

other results awaited: IIM B,L,I n MDI.

Hi all
I guess the poll does not cover all the scenarios.
Many guys had GD/PI calls for PMIR only and not for BM.
So if some one converts the PMIR and wants to join then he/she does not have any option in the poll.
But good job with poll. It will give a good picture of things shaping up.

cheers
shivin

BM Waitlisted 44 (last year the waitlist was cleared till 43 )

Didn't apply for PMIR. Still voted for the 6th option.

ATB puys.

Hi all
I guess the poll does not cover all the scenarios.
Many guys had GD/PI calls for PMIR only and not for BM.
So if some one converts the PMIR and wants to join then he/she does not have any option in the poll.
But good job with poll. It will give a good picture of things shaping up.

cheers
shivin

Hey Shivin,

As I had written in the main post, the poll reflects the number who are not joining and is not meant to know the number of students joining.

For Ex, if someone selects the option, converted Both and joining BM, then that should be seen as One PMIR seat free instead of one BM seat filled.

Hope I have answered the query.

Hello !

Moi waitlisted at 19 for PMIR....

If anybody has the time ( and the patience ) to sift through the XL results results threads, we can get a good idea of how many people are not taking up XL in the first go itself.

According to my estimates after a brief glance through the threads, there are atleast about 7-8 people who are not taking up PMIR.

Cheers,
Harshad

I am waitlisted at 49 for BM It could be a tantalising wait if i m unable to convert L or I.

other results awaited: IIM L,I n MDI.

I have converted IIFT,Delhi though....but wud obv prefer xlri-bm if i am able to convert it. But still we arent getting a clear indication of how many ppl have IIM calls who have converted BM. I guess that would help coz conversion ratio of an IIM call is better than xlri-bm. By that we wud get an approximate fig of how many ppl wud leave their seats in xlri-bm.

I am waitlisted at 49 for BM It could be a tantalising wait if i m unable to convert L or I.

other results awaited: IIM L,I n MDI.

I have converted IIFT,Delhi though....but wud obv prefer xlri-bm if i am able to convert it. But still we arent getting a clear indication of how many ppl have IIM calls who have converted BM. I guess that would help coz conversion ratio of an IIM call is better than xlri-bm. By that we wud get an approximate fig of how many ppl wud leave their seats in xlri-bm.

yes dat wud be bring out better picture for us...but i hve hrd iim shillong has interview till 24th april..so when wud iims be out wid results...is a doubt..

didnt vote nywhere as nt sure which option 2 choose...:tellme:...mayb u cud guide me manan..me waitlistd iat 29 in BM..wil surely join if i convrt..:p...didnt apply fr pmir..

Got a waitlist 19 for BM program. Hadn't applied for PMIR. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping it gets converted..:boat:

Hi puys,

M waitlisted 24 for PMIR .Lets see hw it shapes up.I can see 7-8 ppl leaving PMIR (via poll results).Hopefully ppl get thru IIMs and other colleges .

Atb to all

@manan - nice wrk dude ...real nice work...All the best...

Hey Shivin,

As I had written in the main post, the poll reflects the number who are not joining and is not meant to know the number of students joining.

For Ex, if someone selects the option, converted Both and joining BM, then that should be seen as One PMIR seat free instead of one BM seat filled.

Hope I have answered the query.

registeredpuy Says
didnt vote nywhere as nt sure which option 2 choose...:tellme:...mayb u cud guide me manan..me waitlistd iat 29 in BM..wil surely join if i convrt..:p...didnt apply fr pmir..

Hey registeredpuy,
You really dont need to select any option. Please read my quoted post above.

It says that the poll reflects the number NOT JOINING instead of the number JOINING.

Why so???

Because for a waitlisted person it really doesn't matter that how many are joining. What matters is how many are leaving.
IIM fee hike, bad omen for XLRI waitlisters?

Anyone wanna comment?
IIM fee hike, bad omen for XLRI waitlisters?
Anyone wanna comment?

I dont think hike in IIM fees will really affect XL waitlist coz guys who get thru IIM A,B,C or L will take them in any case (IIM is a big brand to miss out) and some who get thru IIM K,I may opt for XLRI but again tht has been done previously too.So no worries here dude.

PS hope wat i wrote remains true

Hey ..is anyone following the waitlist poll on orkut community ... ??
Well..I am and in response to the question
people with both converts ,do tell us your preferences ,also WL ones please do the same ?

the stats so far are :

BM -16 (makes me happy 😃 )
PMIR- 9
waiting for other options - 2

though there is a catch here ...
since many waitlisted ppl are also voting this may not reflect the actual scene...

all the best puys ...
may we all convert our calls and have a blast at XL 😁

Hi!
I am waitlisted for both BM (4 and PMIR (27)... If I get selected in both, I will join BM... Or else... I'll join whichever course I get selected for...

Cheerio!