_Welcome all you puys and pirls looking for some moves :: : who want to shake a leg or who want to help people shake it !! This thread is exclusively for all those people who considers dance a part of their lives, for those who always wanted…
who want to shake a leg or who want to help people shake it !!
This thread is exclusively for all those people who considers dance a part of their lives, for those who always wanted to learn some style but could not cos of lack of time to devote to dance classes or lack of good institutes to teach you or may be some other reason( i am one of them:banghead:)
Inspiration to open the thread: Came only from the fact that we have threads for cricket, tennis, learning guitar, stand up comedy etc but not a dedicated thread for dance..so i thought why should PG not want to dance??
Purpose of the thread"
*to discuss various dance style options
* post useful stuffs here to help each other learn
* encourage everyone to adopt atleast one style as it is a very healthy exercise( who knows may be someday you can take this opportunity to impress " the one" for you):cheers:
* If contributions can be made by those already learning some dance form would be great!
* or discuss any other thing related to dance.
So let's get started !!
1. It gives strength to the lung and the heart.
2. It strengthens the body muscles.
3. It minimizes the chances of the disease osteoporosis as it makes the bones stronger.
4. It increases the flexibility, agility and the coordination in the body.
5. It increases the awareness of spatial.
6. It enhances physical confidence.
7. It enhances the functionality of mind and the nervous system.
8. It enhances the expenditure of energy and its flow in the body.
9. It can help you lose weight.
10. It enhances the overall well being.
11. It increases the levels of self-esteem and confidence.
12. It improves your social outlook.
There are many forms of dancing. Jazz, salsa, Cuban salsa, hip-hop, ballet, contemporary are the various forms of dance. Every dance form is equally beneficial. All the types of dancing provide the ways in which one can gain a healthy life. Dancing can help us in many ways. All the dancing forms are equally effective. The only thing is you have to decide which dance form you would like to take up.
Where is this thread going
puri.pallavi SaysWhere is this thread going
And we thought that there would be dance during next PG meets......:p
Some of the popular dance forms emerging in INDIA
1) Jazz - It's a fun dance style that relies heavily on originality and improvisation. Many jazz dancers mix different styles into their dancing, incorporating their own expression. Jazz dancing often uses bold, dramatic body movements, including body isolations and contractions.
2)Hip-Hop - Hip-hop is a dance style, usually danced to hip-hop music, that evolved from the hip-hop culture. Hip-hop includes various moves such as breaking, popping, locking and krumping, and even house dance. Improvisation and personal interpretation are essential to hip-hop dancing.
3)Belly-Dance - Belly dance is a unique form of dance characterized by sharp, rolling movements of the hips and abdomen. The true origins of belly dancing are debated among enthusiasts.
4)Tap Dance - Tap dancing is an exciting form of dance in which dancers wear special shoes equipped with metal taps. Tap dancers use their feet like drums to create rhythmic patterns and timely beats.
check this out :
A little boy dancing on a hip hop number.. his enthusiasm and energy is simply to watch out for:clap:
Amazing Little boy dancing to hip hop songs - YouTube
wait!! there is another.....
P.S i think it will take some time for this thread to get noticed..eagerly waiting for people to contribute:)
awesomaaxx thread......m loving it........ :clap::wow:
The thread is here
One dance form which has recently got very popular in INDIA and the one that has caught everybody's attention is the Slow Motion Dance only because of one person CrocRoaz aka Raghav Juyal...he is from Dehradun and he was one of the contestants in Dance India Dance Season3..watch him how he proposed to Bipasha Basu in his style...
Croc-Roaz (Raghav) Proposed Bipasha Basu on Dance India Dance Season 3.flv - YouTube
This is the one i have been trying to do recently..its a hip hop on the number "Love the way you lie"
It's difficult though but i feel it can be done,i personally like the choreography..
Rithy Pereira & Andrew - Love the Way You Lie - Eminem Rihana - YouTube
well i also do hip hop and western but i prefer to do it on tracks customized by me
richie22 Sayswell i also do hip hop and western but i prefer to do it on tracks customized by me
how do you customize the tracks?? using any application or software or sth??
lot of mixinf s/w available on pirate bay and torrentz i use goldwave most of d tym
@[525347:pallavi70] Good Thread!
Watch this video for Latin Formation championship 2011 winners. They are super and amazing.
Bollywood has many dancers from professionals to non professionals..some of them has carved a niche for themselves in dancing apart from their acting career...like
* Hema malini - She is a trained Bharatanatyam artist.Malini is also trained in Odissi
She owns a dance school, Natya Vihar Kalakendra
*Esha deol - Deol trained in the Odissi dancing style under Mumbai guru Rabindra Atibuddhi.
She was trained by and performs classical Bharatanatyam dance with her mother.
* Aishwarya rai - She is trained in classical dance and music for five years during her teens.
*isha sherwani - though she didn't do well but she is a professional contemporary dancer.
At the age of thirteen, she began formal learning in dance and learned Kalaripayattu,
Kathak and Chhau dance as well as giving performances in twenty-two countries over last seven years
* katrina kaif - she is not a professional dancer but she has been learning belly dancing. you can see some oh her moves in " sheila ki jawani" and lately in one of the songs in " ek tha tiger"
* shahid kapoor - he was a member of the Shiamak Davar Dance Company, and was trained as a dance instructor by Davar
* Hrithik roshan - though i dnt have much knowledge from whr did he learn but he is one such such dancer ,every choreographer loves to work with..Prabhu deva was really impressed by his dancing skills when he choregraphed " Main aisa kyun hu" for him
For all those who are interested :😃
there some batches going to start for street dance and bboying in pune by Rocky Poonawala..
please follow the link:
Dancing is a great exercise required for a healty body as well as a healthy brain. In hindu mtythology too dancing has been given great importance. So why not at GLA. The dancing club of GLA, Vivarta is the much talked about club of the University. The club has given platform to many emerging talents and is still working on it. The dancing club is the best gift for those who are passionate about dancing and also for those who just love it. The active faculty members of the club have made it a reason for smile on many faces who want to explore their career in dancing fields.