The PuyScars: PaGaL Awards for 2009-10 - Discussions

This is the place to discuss about the PaGaL Awards for 2009-10. You can discuss the various categories here. Deliberate on who is worthy enough to win which award but *No campaigning. *This is not a campaigning contest by any means. Each one to…

Koi discussion nahi kar raha :lookround:

I haven't been as active all over PG this year. So need some ideas and suggestions from others

Koi discussion nahi kar raha :lookround:

I haven't been as active all over PG this year. So need some ideas and suggestions from others

:splat: kis category ke liye idea chahiye sir jee

as gnrs mentioned, this year has een a helluva year on pg (I for one can't really say this as this is my only year )

abhi to apni taraf se kuch fokats ke ideas and suggestions

Favorite moderator ke liye bahut jung hai waise to lekin jyada bade davedar hain 4 and half : doc, pp, raghav, prem ravi, and apna kid mod

Most active Pg city: kahne ko to bahut cities hain, lekin sahi se dekhein to Delhi aur mumbai mein asli jung hai and obviously Lucknow (thanks to doc for reminding )

Most networked user: ye hai asli mukabla :wow: so many davedar here... naga, doc, sgs, pp, gnrs and many many more.

Most helpful and proactive Bschool : the real fight between XL and Joka.

Most helpful Alumni/B-Schooler: AFAIK Rainbowz from fms.

Best thread @ the lounge: none beats pursuit of happiness.

Bina mange jyada suggestions dena acchhi baat nahi :splat: so ab break maarte hain

P.S. -> bakiyon ki kya rai hai (particularly the veterans)

Active cities mein Lucknow ko bhi dekhlo people.I think this year suddenly ubhar ke aaya hai Lucknow thanks to the pioneer of Lucknow PG Milan,Varnika

Delhi meets were also awesome especially the mini-AIPGM

Most active Pg city: kahne ko to bahut cities hain, lekin sahi se dekhein to Delhi aur mumbai mein asli jung hai .

Most networked user: ye hai asli mukabla :wow: so many davedar here... naga, doc, sgs, pp, gnrs and many many more.

Most helpful and proactive Bschool : the real fight between XL and Joka.

Biggest fight is PG King, most networked user...
PG City is Delhi 16 Delhi Domingoes + 7 more {who r flying from different locations}... Last 3 Dream team captains... more than 50% of PG Dream team from NCR.... headcounts of local meets reaching 40+

proactive Bschool: MICA the admission incharge was herself present on thread nearly 4~5 hours a day.

and on a funny note, SB Personality of the year: pritesh kr lal.... One of a kind....

Rohit Saar aap mod ho ke admin :innocent:

best post :

too many to list .. here are few

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-an...ml#post2057257 ( IIMA (PGP) Final call getters discussions)

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-and-related-discussion/43726-the-pg-dream-team-09-a-74.html#post1919561

also r11 and bmr AIWSAC posts will be in fray
Best newcomer - though there were many new comers who were active this year - bmr , rrv, etc are obviously out of contention as they joined in late 2008 :banghead:

so this makes decision very easy .. can be VisionACL :cheers:

humourous post :

check this

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-and-related-discussion/50406-all-i-did-not-want-194.html#post1910857

innovative idea : obviously should be pg madcapz

article : most hyped and wonderful article :)

check it out :
http://www.pagalguy.com/2010/01/5595...business-anna/

and also doc interview :banghead:

PG city : as per activity , its delhi .. hope chennai gets atleast 2 -3 votes if not more :banghead:
Poster with Maximum Impact within Minimum Posts: vipul88 has better chance in this category
more to be updated

shashank3012 Says
Rohit Saar aap mod ho ke admin :innocent:

And how's this for the most humourous post?
shashank3012 Says
Active cities mein Lucknow ko bhi dekhlo people...

Certainly Lucknow is one of the most active cities for PG's and rightly said so!

Kaash koi mujhe bhi nominate karta!! I know I am still a newbie to PG 😞
Pratyush R Says
And how's this for the most humourous post?

Yeah Yeah, Can't get any better then this!!, PG servers overloaded by CAT result Declaration - simply too hilarious!
ankitdatashn Says
Yeah Yeah, Can't get any better then this!!, PG servers overloaded by CAT result Declaration - simply too hilarious!

:nono: :nono::nono: gnrs was talking not about CAT but CAC :splat:

CAC ka hota hai e jaanne ke liye kripya the hate se sampark karein :cheers:
Best moment on SB/Best SB hit:

1st Day of CAT.. When GNRS came on SB on at 10am... He was too high to give the exam and hence online! All the people were anxious, rumors of server crash were going on SB, and around 30 users were online on SB itself

Then PG crashed and we moved to gtalk confy with 40+ people.

Dominoes fell, servers {Prometric + PG} crashed!

Best and most memorable SB moment..

and have a look at this
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-and-related-discussion/46757-cat-2009-28th-nov-day-8.html#post1746416

Need some suggestions for the following categories, folks! Pleej haalp!

Most Appropriate Username:
Most creative signature:

Here are the three articles which I liked best -
Placement data ethics: B-schools should change the timing of releasing placement reports PaGaLGuY.com - India's biggest website for MBA in India, International MBA, CAT, XAT, SNAP, MAT
B-schools should write-off loans for students wanting to be social entrepreneurs | PaGaLGuY.com - India's biggest website for MBA in India, International MBA, CAT, XAT, SNAP, MAT
B-schools should abolish slot-driven placements PaGaLGuY.com - India's biggest website for MBA in India, International MBA, CAT, XAT, SNAP, MAT in that order.

The first one is totally top-drawer stuff. 😃 Hats off to Apurv and the rest of the editorial team. :thumbsup:

@Rohit bhai, statisticians, observers: Shouldn't we have a favorite PG Comic Strip contest :biggrin: I'm sure this category will be loads of fun. :)

Regards
AFC

Most creative signature:

Most apt username mein I guess there are a couple of real funny ones:

1)mbakarnahai

2)mujhmeinhaidum

Can't we also have had 'Best Customized Profile' nomination. In this way we can have seen creativity competition amongst users like avatar contest! :)

I would suggest this category to the PG admin unless it's to late to include this category now...

For people who still haven't decided yet, I think this thread from May 2009 - is a fair contender for the 'Most Outrageous/Ridiculous Thread' Award under The Lounge section.

Most creative signature:

for most Most Appropriate Username, try Made_for_iims or Vision IIM-ACL :D
justtj Says
for most Most Appropriate Username, try Made_for_iims or Vision IIM-ACL :D

made_for_iims was a runner up last year and I sincerely wish Varun wins it someday :cheers:
sorry wrong post