The Pune PG Meets & Everything else - Season 2012-2013

Dear Pune PUYs. I am creating a new Pune PG meet thread to start a new, fresh & rocking thread for a new season of 2012-2013. The results for most schools are out and you more or less know if you made it or not. If you have made it, cong…

Dear Pune PUYs.

I am creating a new Pune PG meet thread to start a new, fresh & rocking thread for a new season of 2012-2013.

The results for most schools are out and you more or less know if you made it or not. If you have made it, congratulations!! Try and have a meet up once before leaving to help the new PUYS plan their MBA journeys. If not, resolve to try harder this year and give it your best shot.

At the end of the day it is a PUY who makes this thread special. Meeting similar minded people. Providing advise, help and gyaan. All these will result in you making some bonds which you would cherish wherever life takes you. Wishing you success in all your endeavors lets open Season 2012-2013

Alpesh, myself and a bunch of other active PUYS have moved out of Pune. So we are really looking for new PUYS to take up the leadership of organising these meetings

Good initiative dude!! Are you still in Pune or have moved to Hyd? Alpesh might as well come in Pune before he leave for US. Let's plan a meet if you are in town after 27th April 😉 It's been ages since I have attended a PG meet.

Ameya

First meet on new season is here :w00t:

Date and Time: Sunday, 29th April 2012, 5:00 p.m.
Venue: CCD, FC Road

We had many meets in last season and we enjoyed ourselves in each one of them.
We will continue to have fun in meets this seasons as well :clap:
We will also have some MBA related stuff in meets :lookround:

All usual members have to be present (except Prashant who is in Delhi)
And as always new members are welcome : Hoping to add a few members to the list of consistent members

Let the season begin
Let's be there on time :grin:

Missed this one but will be there from next time onwards...

Nachiket/Deepak bhai jara detail summary post kar do meet ki :biggrin:

Missed this one but will be there from next time onwards...

Nachiket/Deepak bhai jara detail summary post kar do meet ki :biggrin:

Bhai, posting a glimpse of the first PG meet of the season. Detailed summary will come shortly from Nachiket's end

Venue:- CCD, FC Road

From Left to Right:-

incognito.taddy, myself:biggrin:, Manish Sir, ThinkAce, Amit, kimi.raj, ijjat

I feel lucky that I made it this time. Ab regular member banna chahunga.

Jald hi wapas milte hain aur haan bhai logon GYAAN KI GANGA bahaate rehna, aakhir IJJAT rehni chahiye samaaj mein!

P.S: Anshul made a brief visit, maybe because it took him 25 years to look that good (His T shirt read that). Is liye kahin jaruri kaam karne chala gaya!

It was my first meet too....agree with tarun,had a gr8 time :cheers:...For a moment i forgot i was meeting every1 (ThinkAce,deepak,tarun,manish sir,ijjat,kimi.raj) for the first time ..... RR vs Delhi match bhi dekha...ab se pg classes mein regular attendance rahegi.....

P.S- Season 2012 begins...Pune puys iss bar CAT ko phod denge....Let's rock this season...

deepak_pgi and all puys coordinating the initiative - i would be in pune till mid of June before I head out to Joka.
feel free to pm me if any future meets are scheduled.

Detailed summary will come shortly from Nachiket's end

coming shortly :banghead: but when ??

Thinkace saar
deepak_pgi and all puys coordinating the initiative - i would be in pune till mid of June before I head out to Joka.
feel free to pm me if any future meets are scheduled.

Avishek bhai, wanted to call you for this meet itself but your FB status update read that you were in Joka at that time, I guess.

Will definitely call you for the next meet.

It will be a great opportunity for Pune puys to get some 'Joka and WIMWI Cracking Gyaan' from your end
Detailed summary will come shortly from Nachiket's end

coming shortly :banghead: but when ??

Thinkace saar

Sorry for the delay.. Here it is :grin:

============================================================

The meet started at 5:00 p.m. instead of our usual time of 6:00 p.m. The meet continued for about 3 hours till 8:00 p.m.

Tarun (incognito.taddy) and Amit (amitg.1990) were two new members who attended the meet for the first time. Apart from them, Deepak (deepak_pgi), Vismay (ijjat), Manish sir (manish_harodia), Satya (Kimi.Raj) and myself (Nachiket: ThinkAce) were present.

Anshul (anshul_mechie) made a small appearance for 5 mins. He had some personal work and hence could not spend more time :lookround:

Prashant (PaceIsAce) is in Delhi and hence missed the meet. He was enjoying IPL at Feroz Shah Kotla stadium that time while we had to be satisfied with TV.

Parul (pari123) is not feeling well since a few days and she could not make it to the meet as well.

Navin could not join this meet as well but he should be back in the next meet.

Now, a few important points to be noted from the meet:

(1) Vismay is waiting for IIM K's results and even if he converts, may give another shot at CAT for ABCL :clap: Anyway, all the best to him for IIM K's result :cheerio:

(2) Satya has PI for SP Jain PGPM (1 year course) in next week and is also interested in GMAT. All the best to him for the PI :cheerio:

(3) Deepak and Vismay have already joined CL test series and may look forward to one more in coming days. Anshul too said he might join CL. Tarun and Amit are also getting ready for CAT war.

(4) Anshul has got promotion and a big salary raise. Party awaits

(5) Shivam (ShivamSudarshan) is looking forward to GMAT this season. He is targeting a few of the foreign universities. He has missed a few meets now. We are looking forward to him being a part of the next meet.

(6) I have SJMSOM (IIT B) and MDI converts so far and will be going to SJMSOM. I am also waitlisted at FMS (with WL number of 56) and I am hoping to make it a convert :)

(7) Manish sir was sporting a new look

(8 ) Some puys from other cities are expected to be in Pune and we can have another meet with them.

A few other points discussed about material and test series for CAT:

(1) Test series are very vital part of CAT preparation and hence, one may not join coaching class but he or she should join a test series.

(2) TIME, CL, IMS, TestFunda are some of the most preferred options.
Here are advantages and drawbacks of them:

TIME: Provides good competition as maximum number of students join it. More than 20000 students join and hence, TIME test-series provide a good way to benchmark oneself. TIME also provides about 100 sectional tests and they are very good to judge one's level of preparation.
However, test-pattern of time was not up to the mark last year and that has disappointed some of the aspirants. Quant, DI and LR questions were much tougher than actual CAT. Also, some of VA questions had errors which could been avoided.

CL: CL's pattern was very much on the lines of CAT. Most of CL tests had close similarity with actual CAT exam. However, number of students opting for CL was less than that for TIME. So, level of benchmarking was somewhat less than that of TIME.

IMS: Very good for verbal. Those who have VA has weak link can look forward to IMS. Overall fine, but still not as preferred as TIME or CL.

TestFunda: TF has done well recently and they offer all the tests online. So, one may choose to go for a test as per his or her convenience. This can be an advantage but also comes with a drawback of not understanding rank/percentile very effectively.

Overall notion was that one should go for 2 options as they should be sufficient. 30 to 35 mocks is what one should look forward to. TIME and CL were two most preferred ones though TF and IMS are also very good options.

The CAT 2012 season has arrived and puys are getting ready for it :clap:
All The Best to everyone :cheerio:

In Pune, we will continue to have more meets and also form a study group. This will help us to prepare in a better way for CAT.

Looking forward to next meet :grin:

Though I missed the meet this time which would have been my first of the PG meets 😞
But would be making sure that in future I don't miss any of these to gain experience from the PUYS....

Good initiative dude!! Are you still in Pune or have moved to Hyd? Alpesh might as well come in Pune before he leave for US. Let's plan a meet if you are in town after 27th April 😉 It's been ages since I have attended a PG meet.

Ameya

Hey Amaya. Long time no see. I moved out man. ISB started on April 14. It is insanely hectic here. Mid terms next week. End terms May 29. :shock:

Puys, Rahul Kashyap will be in the city tomorrow for a day. I will be meeting him at CCD, FC Road.

Anyone else, if wants to join, can PM me or post here

A small intro of Rahul Kashyap for the newbies:- One of the most active Puys from Pune. He is currently a second year student at IIM-Joka.

PS:- Will update about the exact meeting time by the evening.

Puys, Rahul Kashyap will be in the city tomorrow for a day. I will be meeting him at CCD, FC Road.

Anyone else, if wants to join, can PM me or post here

A small intro of Rahul Kashyap for the newbies:- One of the most active Puys from Pune. He is currently a second year student at IIM-Joka.

PS:- Will update about the exact meeting time by the evening.

Just got his message that he has got some important office work to do tomorrow and he won't be able to come today. Will probably come next weekend. So the meet is postponed till next weekend.

Will update here about the exact plan 😃
Just got his message that he has got some important office work to do tomorrow and he won't be able to come today. Will probably come next weekend. So the meet is postponed till next weekend.

Will update here about the exact plan :)

Sir I would be highly interested in this meet of yours. Being a newbie and a one who would be giving his first shot at the exam this year, I hope the meet would prove beneficial for me.:)

@all - Guys ThinkAce mentioned my dilemma over K just as i faced it, but however I have made up my mind to experience the serene Klimate at K. Moreover 33% of diversity is too much to ask for.

Will put down the papers in a couple of days. PLAN FOR A TREAT WHENEVER THINKACE IS READY!!

@all - Guys ThinkAce mentioned my dilemma over K just as i faced it, but however I have made up my mind to experience the serene Klimate at K. Moreover 33% of diversity is too much to ask for.

Will put down the papers in a couple of days. PLAN FOR A TREAT WHENEVER THINKACE IS READY!!

Let's plan for this weekend then :grin:.

Well that's great news ... certainly a very good decision... I guess for the past few years IIM K is doing great,, certainly better than IIM I ... for instance TAS hired for the first time from IIM K this year where as before this they only used to hire from ABCL , XL and SP JAIN.

All the best