The PaGaLGuY Dream Team 2014

*THE PaGaLGUY Dream Team !!!*Most of us joined this place with one dream, the dream that we live every moment. We aspire every moment to crack CAT, longing to score high in mocks and the drive to replicate the same performance in actual CAT…

THE PaGaLGUY Dream Team !!!!!

@a-jay 

@anitsuri1990 

@Darknight123 

@Estallar12 

@ferlonso 

@findingbugs 

@Harveyspecter 

@Highway66 

@nix2919 

@sagarcat 

@shashwatdgr8 

@SilverCrow 

@swapnil4ever2u 

Most of us joined this place with one dream, the dream that we live every moment. We aspire every moment to crack CAT, longing to score high in mocks and the drive to replicate the same performance in actual CAT.

In the process, we come across performance of quite a few people which becomes our dream with a feel of respect for those scoring it.And, we start aiming at studying in IIMs and other top B-Schools along with these people in our batch.

Most deservingly, for the last few years,

@DEBJITNAG , @the_hate , @shashank3012 , @ravi.tejapalla , @justlikethat , The_BMR, silent_assassin, r11gupta, dawn153, omeo316,kamalchabbra, varung, @geminite , @sarcastix , @Samurai-X , @vipul88  and many many more have been a part of our memories as great source of inspiration. Storiesof these people have been passed on with enthusiasm even from those who haven't known them A chance for you all to get into the common thread shared by all these stalwarts.

Yes, we are back with arguably one of the most followed threads on pagalguy, The PaGaLGuY Dream Team 2014.

Hereby, we announce the nominations for Dream Team 2014 to be open.

A few details for those who don't know:

What is thread all about??

This thread is the place where an individual comes & nominates his dream team in the following Order, Captain, Vice Captain, 9 other members.

The person also mentions the reason (definitely with the link to mock CAT scores) why he wants Mr.X or Mr.Y in his team...

Please go through the below links for reference

PG Dream Team 2013:

http://www.pagalguy.com/cat/the-pagalguy-dream-team-2013-25103810

PG Dream Team 2012:

http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/cat-and-related-bschools/pagalguy-dream-team-2012-t-83955/p-16065233/

PG Dream Team 2011: http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/cat-and-related-bschools/pagalguy-dream-team-2011-t-70586/p-2870048

PG Dream Team 2010: http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/cat-and-related-bschools/pg-dream-team-2010-t-56482/p-2206025

PG Dream Team 2009: http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/cat-and-related-bschools/pg-dream-team-09-t-43726/p-1642728

PG Dream Team 2008: http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/cat-and-related-bschools/pg-dream-team-08-t-34706/p-1236592

PG Dream Team 2007: http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/cat-and-related-bschools/pg-dream-team-07-t-25575/p-848964

Can I nominate myself in my team???

Yes you can. But wont it look better if some one else nominates you 

A small advice: when you are selecting a team, please also consider the person's helping tendency & activeness on PG ..

Know your selectors:

1) @grondmaster : Community Manager/Moderator and knows PG in and out.

2) Yours Truely (@kinji.at.pg1 ).

Rules:

1. Make only one post (for nomination) & edit if you want..strictly stick to the above team structure..Dont forget to post the person's score/ your reason.

2. Don't comment on someone else team.

3. Don't market for your team or for any member of you team.

4. Please don't forget to give link of scores in mock repository.

If above rules are violated, you along with your team will naturally be disqualified.

How does the selection happen???

It would be in 2 phases.

Phase 1:

We count the no of nominations made for any individual i.e if Mr.x nominates y in his team & Z also nominates y in his team, then y gets 2 votes & so on.

On the basis of above count, we will arrive at a list of 15-20 puys (tentatively).

Phase 2:

Selectors will talk to these 15-20 puys to have a discussion about their performance in mocks, activity on PG and views on being part of Team. Please note that selectors reserve the right to ask for LinkedIn account or FB account, Contact Number or Test Series results screenshots for authentication reasons. Failure to provide these as and when asked during selection process will lead to rejection.

After this talk, announcement of final team for season 2014 shall happen.

***Through the years we have seen, some good candidates not being nominated due to xyz reasons, so remember before the results, if the selectors feel that some good candidate has got less votes or not been nominated, the selectors will have the VETO power to bring that person directly into the team ***

So, please apply some rationale before you nominate & ensure that every deserving guy gets a chance...

Deadline for nominations: 13.09.2014, 11:59 PM (Saturday)

Phase 1 results to be declared: 14.09.2014 (Sunday)

Announcement of Dream Team 2014: 21.09.2014 ( Tentatively )

Those whom you know are deserving and are not active on PG, ask them to put forth their nominations , update their mock scores and be active on PG from now on.

Let the GAMES BEGIN !!!!!

Kinjal

I would like to nominate @shashwatdgr8 as captain , very consistent with his performances , @plant.waters sir as vice captain .

along with them I would also llike to nominate

@findingbugs ;

@ferlonso 

@anitsuri1990 ;

@Burgundy 

;@a-jay 

@christianbale 

@Darknight123 

;@Malfurion 

and last but not the least @SilverCrow bhai.

keep rocking guys .. 👍 

P.S - I am confused => Do i have to post link to their mock repository..

I would like to nominate @sagarcat as Captain, because of his awesome hold over quants and his helping nature. I would also like to nominate @plant.waters  for his QA+VA prowess and helping attitude.

Other members of the team (truly on the basis of their knowledge in the domain of CAT):

@Highway66  @harshcat91  @jp_1991 @Rohit143 @shawshanks @vipin011 @cristianokaka @rgvcat_2013 

I'd like to nominate @anitsuri1990  as captain purely on his performances. With Vc @shashwatdgr8 for his consistency , @Burgundy for his ability. @swapnil4ever2u for his quant prowess which he under-rates, @Shubh.i & @sagarcat  for their help on quant thread, @a-jay ,@ferlonso(this guy's been rank 3 since forever in almost all mocks)  , @christianbale(come on! because he's batman)  and last but certainly not the least @Highway66  these guys inspire me to do better with their performances in mock tests or their ability & speed in the quant thread. Special mentions @neorevlutn  and @rafaroger who have some serious quant talent.

I'd like to nominate @Burgundy  as the captain of my team,@anitsuri1990  is the VC(tough call between captain and vice captain).Rest of the members in my team are-@a-jay ,@ferlonso ,@plant.waters ,@Darknight123 (this guy needs special mention,cause despite hailing from commerce background he is competing and beating other top candidates),@shashwatdgr8 ,@sagarcat ,@Harveyspecter(Another Commerce guy scoring well consistently) ,@Highway66 ,@Malfurion ..12th man-@nix2919 .

My nomination :

@anitsuri1990 ( Vice Kaaptaan)

@shashwatdgr8  

@plant.waters (Kaaptaan )

@ferlonso 

@christianbale 

@neorevlutn 

@Burgundy 

@findingbugs 

@a-jay  

@Darknight123 

@garry1337 

Extra : @maruttaneja89    ATB guys !! You guys are gonna rock this time( # in the most fair CAT of recent times )

My nomination

@plant.waters  (Captain)

@christianbale (Vice-Captain)

@shashwatdgr8 

@Burgundy 

@anitsuri1990 

@ferlonso 

@sagarcat 

@Darknight123 

@neorevlutn 

@a-jay 

@rafaroger 

Really hard to choose 11 since there are so many who are excellent! Special mention for @Estallar12 if you are there (I know you would be watching from the sidelines)

Your perseverance is inspiring!

My Inspirations actually 

@christianbale (Captain) 

@plant.waters (Vice Captain)

@shashwatdgr8 

@ferlonso 

@garry1337 

@neorevlutn 

@Burgundy 

@Darknight123 

@Harveyspecter 

@a-jay 

@swapnil4ever2u 

Here goes my nomination

@anitsuri1990 (Captain) for his overall prowess in QA & VA

@shashwatdgr8 (Vice Captain) for his amazing consistency in both the sections

@christianbale (undoubtedly the God of QA)

@Darknight123 (I wud call him the God of VA)

@Burgundy (He scores at will)

@sagarcat (for his amazing speed in solving QA, willingness to help)

@swapnil4ever2u (for his unparallel QA concepts)

@ferlonso (again great consistency)

@Highway66 (for his omnipresence in the CAT Quant thread)

@a-jay (for his great scores) and of course

@plant.waters (for his all-round ability)

I don't really know most of the new crowd, so I might go through the threads and post a more comprehensive list of nominations later, but for now I just want to nominate @Estallar12 for his third stint as a Dreamer, as the captain of the team once again(@ankita14 broke the curse last time, so that's not a problem anymore 😛 ). I know he has the potential, and with a (supposedly) lower effect of normalization this time, he's certainly gonna shine. Hope you end up at WIMWI, buddy 😃

Here goes my nomination

@Burgundy  (Captain) undoubtedly scores at will

@Darknight123 (Vice Captain) VA god

@shashwatdgr8 (amazing consistency )

@SilverCrow  

@plant.waters (all round ability)

@nix2919  (someone who is not too active and probably watching form the sidelines,but has an amazing consistency too)

@christianbale  (QA god)

@ferlonso

@anitsuri1990 

@Harveyspecter 

@a-jay (again for his allround ability)

I would like to nominate

@shashwatdgr8 as captain , very consistent with his performances  and one of the most active members(lets give a chance to new talent)

@Burgundy as Vice captain 

@plant.waters 

@findingbugs ;

@ferlonso 

@anitsuri1990 ;

@Burgundy 

@a-jay 

@christianbale 

@Darknight123 

@Malfurion 

@SilverCrow .

and we can have a supersub: @jay3421 : we are aware of his sporadic amazing performance and he can be the chichirato of this team

Bell the cat guys ..  

Here go my nominations.....

Captain : @shashwatdgr8 (Amazing consistency at the very top end)

Vice Captain: @christianbale (Again, very very consistent)

@anitsuri1990 (Excellent mock scores)

@Burgundy (Relentless scoring)

@sagarcat 

@rafaroger 

(Both of them the go-to guys for anything QA)

@Highway66 (Excellent QA skills and ever present on the QA thread)

@Darknight123 (VA God)

@swapnil4ever2u (Strong QA concepts)

@plant.waters (All rounder)

And...@Estallar12 (How can he be forgotten)

Very difficult to choose just 11 among so many amazing talents....

Puys, do post the mock scores of the puys you are nominating. Let me also see what is their greatness. For DT, Mock scores are very important and consistency of hitting 99.9X. :) 

Captain - @shashwatdgr8  

VC - @christianbale 

Rest of the team -

@Darknight123 

@Burgundy 

@ferlonso 

And last but not the least (This is a bit embarrassing)

me (I've been consistent in getting above 98 but have not been able to touch the hallowed 99.9x)

And so we are back with the best team on this planet 😃

Will be there to help and support if any1 here needs my help ..... ATB DT 😃

n I m not in touch so i ll nominate onli a couple of ppl

@sachinjha ...... persistent guy...... keeps on working hard and never gives up 😃

@Estallar12 ...... no words for this guy...... Dude this YOUR Year .... make it large 😃

I nominate

@christianbale vice captain

@anitsuri1990  captain

@Burgundy 

@rafaroger 

@Harveyspecter 

@jamesbond77 

@ferlonso 

@sagarcat  

@shashwatdgr8 

@plant.waters 

@jay3421 

Here comes my team

@anitsuri1990 (captain)

@Darknight123 (vice captain)(my money's on this guy.won't be surprised if he gets 100%ile in cat'14)

@plant.waters 

@shashwatdgr8 (star player)

@Burgundy 

@christianbale 

@SilverCrow 

@findingbugs 

@ferlonso 

@swapnil4ever2u 

@Highway66 

12th man: @jay3421 

If I have to nominate my dream team, it would go as follows....

@Estallar12  ---> Captain (I have heard a lot about this legend and never had a personal interaction but I know when his day comes he would bring World to a halt)

@plant.waters ---> Vice Captain (Never met such a diverse guy ever on PG ...Well he knows everything)

@anitsuri1990 ---> Amazing scores

@shashwatdgr8 ----> The mock mauler.

@christianbale ----> Godly Scores

@swapnil4ever2u ----> Personal interaction (Not a single quant question he misses)

@sagarcat ----> The omnipresent quant guy.

@ferlonso ----> He has an affinity to stay in top 5.

@Burgundy ----> Definitely scores at will.

@findingbugs

@jay3421 

I would like to add lady luck to the DT team .... @siya23 !!! Looking at her scores she is no less than anyone here!!!