The Moombhai League - Community Service

Ok ppl… I wasnt around for a while… Stuck up in training!!! Anyways… nice to see that PG has opened a new secton for this!!! :smiley: :smiley: I have started collecting names for this… & have about 7 of them!!! Like a lazy thi…

Ok ppl...

I wasnt around for a while.. Stuck up in training!!! Anyways... nice to see that PG has opened a new secton for this!!! 😃 😃

I have started collecting names for this.. & have about 7 of them!!! Like a lazy thing.. am just sitting on them.... Come on.. Perk up... Lets start off... Moobhaaaaiiiii....

Buzzing... PG....

Simba

Edit - Name change... of the thread 😃

Hey ppl....

PG.. have shifted ur ideas into this thread.. hoping that we get some momentum...:):)....

>1. Shud we start off with a fundraiser ?
Open to debate since we are not really affiliated anywhere. Would look more like a bunch of people trying to usurp money

Hmmm... A fund raiser is a good thing but as said...we need tio affirm ourselves as a community service & then can start off... so, for right now, we can rule it out!!!

>2. how much time cud u guys spare every weekend ? be realistic
Trust me, once we hit the ground and start working on it, we will be doing just fine.

Yes... weekend... even if we just spend about 4- 5 hrs!!! we can start off small and then can grow... :)

1) All of us are educated.
2) Teaching would not be too difficult.
3) Focus - If all of us pick up a common cause, we can make a difference sooner than later.
4) We all can go back @ night to a Barista and talk about our own educational situation

If we really need to do this.. shouldnt we associate ourselves with some organisation!!!??

We all won't be here forever. Some of you will be off to a trip abroad, some will goto bschools et all .. What we all need to do is build a legacy. Something which we can be proud of and something we can come back to at a later point of time. A common identity would allow the group to survive even if the main people did leave due to any circumstance.

Yes, I agree with u. here... we do need something that will keep on going if we are not around...others.. like CAT 2004 ppl...etc etc..

Hmmm... whatever happnd to the design of the PG Shirt?? : :

Simba

Okey, you have started a thread. If you need any help please PM. I am here.

hey Moombhais ,

... with ladies leading the pack at ur place, prolly it's the time when guyz should start chipping in with their ideas n carry on this noble cause ... good luck to one n all ... 😃

sinew Says
Okey, you have started a thread. If you need any help please PM. I am here.

Hi Sinew..

If you are interested pls PM me or pagalguy your real name & contact number. If something comes up, we will surely contact you... 😃

Simba

keep it going ppl.

me ready too !!! me from mumbhaiii!!!
do lemme know ! will contribute !!
ciao rajesh

Hey!!!

Dont we have enuf ppl to continue the thread? :(
Mumbai Juntax where are u?

-Akshat

Hey!!!

Dont we have enuf ppl to continue the thread? :(
Mumbai Juntax where are u?

-Akshat

No Akshat... There are quite a few ppl.. Just that they have posted in the PayBack thread... Actually.. I will just tweak the title.. guess.. ppl are not really reading this thread.. 😃

Simba

count me in 😃 tho i'll be in mumbai only from may 2nd :)
------
r.

Loads of planning is underway. I am constantly in touch with the Hyd folks for ground reality information. Don't think for a moment that any of the plans have been stalled.

Everyone involved is working hard and co-ordinating to get this off the ground. Just stay around junta 😃

Hi Everyone,

I have not posted on the "payback" thread but am in constant touch....would be very glad to help out in whichever way possible.

-Kanti

I hope our Mumbai gang is looking at the Hyderabad Community thread. Those guys are really into something & that feels good!!! 😁 😁

As far as we are concerned, guess we can start off soon... PG will keep us updated.. so that we can keep in toe with the Hyderabadis.. :)

I have received quite a few names & nos. They are :-

TheAkshaT
kandymo
snan
abrakadabra
Spiderman
Xcesstorque
Wayne
Kanti
Simba
Pagalguy

So.. guys.. be ready... 😃 😃

Simba

guess what...... i too have posted in the "payback" therad & after then i was direct to this thread...

Any way pasting what i posted...

hey guys any one from Thane/nearby areas, i'm from Vasant Vihar... i have a plan in mind...

Whts the idea.....
Most of us have been working for quite some time now (say a yr or so)... Others r in their final yrs & have seen placement sessions... The basic point i intend to put forth is that almost all of us understand the current job n market scenario & can guide young teens in deciding the correct stream they shud select... Also in letting them & their parents know new avenues n oppurtunities.

How to go about it?
1. Know our Strength: We need to know how many r from thane/near by areas & r willing to contribute say 3-4 hrs per fortnight.

2. Plan Our Plan: We will then need to frame our strategy (i.e. need to put it on a presentable format... may b a word doc or ppt) based on our core competencies (for eg. if 90% of the people tht appear up r from comp background we can confine r counselling for computer related careers) After a ppt/poster is prepared, we will contact a few schools (say 3-4) for carrer counselling...
we can select classes like 9&10th (one grp)/ 11&12th (another grp). & can take up one school every weekend.

3. Discuss the things on PG: i'm sure we won't b able to answer each n every Q that students r going to ask. We can then take help of our PG members for the same....

let us start it on our own (so tht we ourself can know if we will b able to continue it ) & l8r on we can get associated with some NGO.

whts ur say... PM me in case ur ok with the idea... remem we will need to work upon it fast as summer holidays will b starting soon (any idea when r they goin 2 start this summer ?? ) as we need to contact schools before that.

ashish

no replies..... :-((..... seems every moombhai busy in the "mumbai meet 3"....
well i'm sure u guys will discuss 'community service' during the meet..... post in whatever discussed..... hey kandymo u live in thane ,,,,,wht ur say on this?

no replies..... :-((..... seems every moombhai busy in the "mumbai meet 3"....
well i'm sure u guys will discuss 'community service' during the meet..... post in whatever discussed..... hey kandymo u live in thane ,,,,,wht ur say on this?

Somehow this thread missed my attention.. Sorry about that!!! 😃 About ur plan.. Am not really sure because one major concern for all of us here is the sustainability of any plan!!! How long can this be done... 😃 😃 Think of it... 😃 😃 If u are off to a B School... others shld carry it on ...more like a legacy... 😃 😃 Lets talk about it during the meet Ashish..

And relax.. we are gonna do SOMETHING... we are just going steady right now...no point in jumping the gun soon... We need to start well becos.. it will stay for a long long time... 😁 😁

Simba

shucks..... i wud b missing the meet..... got to attend a family function in gujarat..... anyway i hope someone 'll upload the snaps.....

Yesterday I contacted Harsh Shetty of Pratham in Mumbai. We spoke for around 15 minutes. I gave them an overview of our junta .. but by the looks of it they don't really have a place for us.

When we spoke about Voluntary services, he told me there are no voluntary programs in Mumbai. They tried with the 'volunteering model' and then backed out as there was a lack of interest et al. However he did mention that they intend to come up with such plans in the near future.

By the looks of it - it turned out to be a damp squib. However today I got an email from their delhi contact and I have pasted that on the Delhi CS thread. Now that is something which is quite in line with what we have been thinking over a period of time.

Instead of me posting my thoughts right now, I am going to wait until the meet is over and then I"ll be posting the thoughts and future plans. The Bangalore meet would be rather defining as there are various issues to discuss and decide upon.

We don't want to fall in the classic trap of ALL talk and no work .. so yes, we should be off the mark by this month end in one way or the other across all the cities which are interested :)

Just stay around and put in your thoughts and views.

I was doing some independent research from my end and came across this NGO:

They have volunteer programs such as " rel="nofollow">

They have volunteer programs such as "Balwadis" where they teach slum children arnd borivili area.

I am attaching a writeup from their web-site, calling out for volunteers:

===================================================

Save the Children India is an organization that is dependent on the goodwill of its contributors. We are fortunate in having the support of some of Indias best and brightest, both corporate and individuals. However, the needs of the people we serve are great there has never been a year where we have served fewer children than the year before and our budgets grow exponentially to respond to those needs. Therefore, we are always grateful for any help that is provided.

A contribution to our cause does not have to be in monetary terms. You can share your skills and/or your time. If you feel you could help in the future with your time or your skills, please fill out your personal details for our data bank.

Children are our most valuable resource and STCI appreciates all the help that is provided for improving the quality of the lives and improving the world that they will inherit from us.

=====================================================

I was waiting for Allwyn to talk to "Pratham" first, now that "pratham" doesn't need us, we can talk to these ppl. Wat say junta???

-Kanti">http://www.savethechildrenindia.com/contribute.htm

They have volunteer programs such as "Balwadis" where they teach slum children arnd borivili area.

I am attaching a writeup from their web-site, calling out for volunteers:

===================================================

Save the Children India is an organization that is dependent on the goodwill of its contributors. We are fortunate in having the support of some of Indias best and brightest, both corporate and individuals. However, the needs of the people we serve are great there has never been a year where we have served fewer children than the year before and our budgets grow exponentially to respond to those needs. Therefore, we are always grateful for any help that is provided.

A contribution to our cause does not have to be in monetary terms. You can share your skills and/or your time. If you feel you could help in the future with your time or your skills, please fill out your personal details for our data bank.

Children are our most valuable resource and STCI appreciates all the help that is provided for improving the quality of the lives and improving the world that they will inherit from us.

=====================================================

I was waiting for Allwyn to talk to "Pratham" first, now that "pratham" doesn't need us, we can talk to these ppl. Wat say junta???

-Kanti