The IIMA Waitlisters' thread

This thread is meant for those who have been wait-listed by IIMASeniors @IIMA, We need help…so as to be able to *guesstimate *our chances. Could you pls tell us, based on past year’s experience, if we stand any chance? That is,…

This thread is meant for those who have been wait-listed by IIMA..

Seniors @IIMA,
We need help...so as to be able to guesstimate our chances. Could you pls tell us, based on past year's experience, if we stand any chance? That is, did waitlisters convert last year (sounds absurd allright, but it matters a lot to us!!!)?? And IIMA has not given out any dates as such by which we will be notified if we have been selected unlike IIMC which has clarified that. Cud we be told how many calls have been given out in the first place..(a bit of jasoosy can be done by seniors, I guess!!)

@those who have both IIMA and IIMB/C and will go to IIMB/C,
Please post here to help us speculate if we have a chance..

@everybody
This is not about which school is better... so kindly refrain from making comparisons.. perhaps, that can be done on a different thread. I believe it's all about one's mindset that is set much before we take CAT. I kinda always had a mind for IIMA. Though I have converted IIMB and wud be perfectly happy with it if this doesn't work out, but in some corner of my heart I'll long for A. It's not about which is better. We all know facts and can draw conclusions. It comes down to individual perception. I know ppl who wud have opted for B over A and even C over A...

My IIMA Waiting List No #13

Best wishes to all,
Yogesh

Well... I dunno if I should be posting this...

I know atleast 4 ppl (3 from IITM and 1 from IITK) who have got calls from IIMA etc.. but will definitely not be joining any IIMs...
Further there are atleast 2 more guys (from IITM) who are almost sure not to join any IIM...

I hope this reduces the anxiety of some of the puys here... I do not wish to give anybody any false hopes...

If the mods are not comfortable with the news not coming straight from the horses' mouth... they may please delete the post!!

Cheers and all the best!!!

@Yogesh

Mostly you would be looking for IIT/engineering folks like mentioned above who go for an MS/PhD abroad... Other than that there are always 2-5+ people who dont join... choosing B/C over A and then personal compulsons etc...

All you can search for and find out is the closing WL number last time... +-5 and your hopes can be kept alive...

Good Luck :thumbsup:

K

I feel the same as Yogesh... what chances does a waitlisted guy at IIMA have...

and unlike Yogesh, I don't have B (ALICK), and didn't convert any other calls I got... I'm waitlisted on L, and didn't even get waitlisted on the two iviews that I thought had gone off the best for me... C and I... so maybe I'm just a really lucky guy when it came to IIMA... anyways, please help... as to which date the second list will be out by, and what should I expect, if I should expect....

i'm IIMA waitlist no 7.

First, the gud news
Waitlists in IIM A do clear.......

The bad news is that it usually doesnt go into double digits

Last year the Waitlist cleared upto WL no.10.....
n the year before that it was just WL no.4 or 5

Till last year IIM A had 260 seats and it usually gives out +4 calls (that means 264 calls)
So ur actual waitlist no is ur current number + 4
However i am not aware of the exact scenario this year.......

Only once did the waitlist move into double digits...that was a few years back (probably bcoz of the riots)

The first movement in the waitlist will happen around May 15-25 range which is the deadline to pay the fees.....(for IIM A the initial token is pretty less... around 500 bucks)

The waitlist will again move around June 25 which is the starting date for the course.....
Last time WL 6-10 got their calls around June 25th.........so be prepared

Why ppl wont join IIMA?

Some guys/gals get into foreign B schools
Some go to IIM B and C due to various reasons like closer to home etc.....
Some dont get their sabbatical approved (for ppl with workex)

What u'll can do right now........

Pray.........:)
N convince as many ppl as possible not to join IIM A......

Thats what i did last year :)

Sandeep R

This thread is meant for those who have been wait-listed by IIMA..

Seniors @IIMA,
We need help...so as to be able to guesstimate our chances. Could you pls tell us, based on past year's experience, if we stand any chance? That is, did waitlisters convert last year (sounds absurd allright, but it matters a lot to us!!!)?? And IIMA has not given out any dates as such by which we will be notified if we have been selected unlike IIMC which has clarified that. Cud we be told how many calls have been given out in the first place..(a bit of jasoosy can be done by seniors, I guess!!)

@everybody
This is not about which school is better... so kindly refrain from making comparisons.. perhaps, that can be done on a different thread. I believe it's all about one's mindset that is set much before we take CAT. I kinda always had a mind for IIMA. Though I have converted IIMB and wud be perfectly happy with it if this doesn't work out, but in some corner of my heart I'll long for A. It's not about which is better. We all know facts and can draw conclusions. It comes down to individual perception. I know ppl who wud have opted for B over A and even C over A...

My IIMA Waiting List No #13

Best wishes to all,
Yogesh

Till last year IIM A had 260 seats and it usually gives out +4 calls (that means 264 calls)
So ur actual waitlist no is ur current number + 4
However i am not aware of the exact scenario this year.......

Oh, Shit.

Only once did the waitlist move into double digits...that was a few years back (probably bcoz of the riots)

Someone please get some riots into action there.....

The first movement in the waitlist will happen around May 15-25 range which is the deadline to pay the fees.....(for IIM A the initial token is pretty less... around 500 bucks)

The waitlist will again move around June 25 which is the starting date for the course.....
Last time WL 6-10 got their calls around June 25th.........so be prepared

SO LONG?

What u'll can do right now........

Pray.........:)
N convince as many ppl as possible not to join IIM A......

Thats what i did last year :)

What was your WL last year, buddy? and how many people did you manage to convince? and how...?

Thanks for the gyaan....

as far as i can see it, pray is the only thing i can do....

Thanks chautauqua, DesiGuru and Sandeep...
for keeping my hopes alive and kicking...
me used to kicks now.. got kicked hard in XLRI, IIMK,L,I..
Neways..all is not lost..
Yogi

As mentioned by others the wl cleared upto 10 last time..so there is an outside chance of
making it..dont think there wud be ne seniors at amdavad to do jasoosi..
so just hope for the best.

MrAnderson.

Why ppl wont join IIMA?

Sandeep R

as already pointed, several ppl in IITs apply for MS/PhD. Those results have already come out. So some gods with calls from MIT, Stan or Berk will ditch A.
Also, this year in IITs placement started late (december). So a lot more ppl than usual took CAT just to have an option. Once placements started, some got into likes of Mckinsey, BCG, google and some US jobs. Some of these guys are likely to ditch calls from A. Bad news is, many of them didnt bother to take A interview itself. I know atleast 3 such in iitb with %-ile 100, 99.99, 99.9x
As mentioned by others the wl cleared upto 10 last time..so there is an outside chance of
making it..dont think there wud be ne seniors at amdavad to do jasoosi..so just hope for the best.

MrAnderson.

What I meant was that they can atleast find out how many calls have been given out... how many have been wait-listed etc????

That wud be gr8 help..

Yogi

well.... i dont know how much this info is correct but let me blurt it out now....

First of all i am WL 14 ( this info is 100% correct )

in 2004-2006 batch, WL 17 got cleared

in 2005, one of my frnds' frnds (this is the most unreliable source usually ) was WL 12 and finally got a final convert.. however he too chose MIT over IIMA (so tht means at least WL 13 got in)....

not trying to raise any false hopes, including mine :)

as for me, i am happy even if i get into A or not 😃

Hi Yogesh.. I have a BLACKI convert and will join B.. so there's one movement upwards for u!:)

when do i get to know if i have converted or not ?i hv converted IIM Indore and will be joining if I dont get A . So want to know if I hv to pay fees or not.

Waitlisted 6 IIMA
baishakhic Says
Hi Yogesh.. I have a BLACKI convert and will join B.. so there's one movement upwards for u!

Thanks buddy... errr... cud u encourage other guys like u (if any!!!) to post here as well....
Best Wishes,
Yogesh

PS: I guess, as of now, we're meeting in IIMB... 😉

Ok, was partyin all day and night and just got back to my comp...
Thanks, @yogesh for starting this thread which I wud have, otherwise

Me, Waitlisted 1 IIM-A

The deal is that i saw on a news channel that only 5 Waitlists were allowed to be cleared by IIM-A this time
If more ppl than that choose not to take it, then A runs on lower-than-max capacity..

Is this true? Coz it doesnt sound right... Why wud they give more WL calls if they dont plan to take them (For the benefit of @yogesh, @vaguefunda and @larsson)??:

Also, since the deadline is around mid-May (i presume), when can i expect my call to come..

@the_1
Congrats...And thanks for the well-wishes,
Yogesh

well.... i dont know how much this info is correct but let me blurt it out now....

First of all i am WL 14 ( this info is 100% correct )

in 2004-2006 batch, WL 17 got cleared

in 2005, one of my frnds' frnds (this is the most unreliable source usually ) was WL 12 and finally got a final convert.. however he too chose MIT over IIMA (so tht means at least WL 13 got in)....

not trying to raise any false hopes, including mine :)

as for me, i am happy even if i get into A or not :)

Was waiting for this thread to be started.

Sorry to disappoint you, but...

1) Am pretty certain you got the first one right.

2) False info abt 2004-2006 batch. Thread still exosts on PG, search for it. I did last time arnd. I was WL-5 btw.

3) Wrong again. All the last waitlisters are in my dorm, so i know for sure that WL-10 was the last to be cleared, in 2005.

WL-5 was cleared on the 10th of May but last year results had been announced on the 6th of April. The after registration the WL was cleared till 10.

All the best guys, keep your fingers crossed.

Cheers,
Bhonpu.

P.S: Do go through last year thread, might help.

how do u get to know ur waitlist number

What I meant was that they can atleast find out how many calls have been given out... how many have been wait-listed etc????

That wud be gr8 help..

Yogi

Hey Yogesh,

Been following your posts for quite sometime now. Expecially on the IIM GD/PI exp threads...nice job:)

I read in ET today that IIMA has sent out 273 calls - 250 (confirmed) + 23 (Waitlisted)

(just confirm that once again...its outta memory)

Regards