The GMAT 740 Story - Q-50, V-41, AWA-6.0

Well, an ex CAT aspirant, turned to GMAT after 3 failed attempts to enter the top-3 IIMS - while scoring 97.xx %iles at the CAT. The story unfolds on my blog… Centaurism… Quite an experience. And now, with 5 offers from top b-schools…

Well, an ex CAT aspirant, turned to GMAT after 3 failed attempts to enter the top-3 IIMS - while scoring 97.xx %iles at the CAT.

The story unfolds on my blog... Centaurism...

Quite an experience. And now, with 5 offers from top b-schools at hand to choose from - I feel, well - not bad Mr. Singh...

Check my story on my blog url above - connect with me for any help / guidance...

My profile:
- Mech Engg. from Osmania University - with 70%
- 1 year work-ex as Software Engineer with Infosys
- 2.5 years work-ex as management executive with Ogilvy & Mather Advertising, on the Vodafone and IBM businesses
- Sports awards - State-level basketball player, numerous athletics and basketball awards
- Extra-curriculars - very good - both in college and also during professional life
- Community Service - good, with continued association with 2 organizations for the past 7-8 years
- Interest Area - Marketing Function with focus on International Business

Schools Applied to / result:
1. Harvard Business School - reject (undergrad school not good enough)
2. Wharton School - reject (undergrad school not good enough)
3. Columbia Business School - rejected after 4 reviews (undergrad school not good enough)
4. Duke Fuqua Business School - rejected after interview
5. Virginia Darden Business School - accepted
6. Boston University School of Management - accepted with $70,000 scholarship
7. Vanderbilt Owen Business School - accepted with $60,000 scholarship
8. U Washington in St. Louis Business School - accepted with $60,000 scholarship
9. Ohio State University - awaiting decision

Will gradually be updating my blog with my application experiences, interviews and other details of the process. And also about the research on schools and which one i'd be taking up - all this and more to come on my blog - soon...

All the best to all other GMAT / CAT aspirants - feel free to write to me for any queries / guidance.

undergrad school not good enough

Sorry to hear that dude.. all the best!

How on earth did you reach the conclusion that your undergrad school is not good enough??? From what i know, there are people who get into Harvard after studying in some godforesaken college in Africa. On my recent work trip, i met someone who studied in the Congo and then went to Tuck (which is up there along with Harvard and Wharton) So i dont understand how you are saying Osmania is not good enough. Can you elaborate on this?

Congratulations on Darden btw!! Its one of the better schools and i would definitely go if i were you!!

ATB!

Well, an ex CAT aspirant, turned to GMAT after 3 failed attempts to enter the top-3 IIMS - while scoring 97.xx %iles at the CAT.

The story unfolds on my blog... Centaurism...

Quite an experience. And now, with 5 offers from top b-schools at hand to choose from - I feel, well - not bad Mr. Singh...

Check my story on my blog url above - connect with me for any help / guidance...

My profile:
- Mech Engg. from Osmania University - with 70%
- 1 year work-ex as Software Engineer with Infosys
- 2.5 years work-ex as management executive with Ogilvy & Mather Advertising, on the Vodafone and IBM businesses
- Sports awards - State-level basketball player, numerous athletics and basketball awards
- Extra-curriculars - very good - both in college and also during professional life
- Community Service - good, with continued association with 2 organizations for the past 7-8 years
- Interest Area - Marketing Function with focus on International Business

Schools Applied to / result:
1. Harvard Business School - reject (undergrad school not good enough)
2. Wharton School - reject (undergrad school not good enough)
3. Columbia Business School - rejected after 4 reviews (undergrad school not good enough)
4. Duke Fuqua Business School - rejected after interview
5. Virginia Darden Business School - accepted
6. Boston University School of Management - accepted with $70,000 scholarship
7. Vanderbilt Owen Business School - accepted with $60,000 scholarship
8. U Washington in St. Louis Business School - accepted with $60,000 scholarship
9. Ohio State University - awaiting decision

Will gradually be updating my blog with my application experiences, interviews and other details of the process. And also about the research on schools and which one i'd be taking up - all this and more to come on my blog - soon...

All the best to all other GMAT / CAT aspirants - feel free to write to me for any queries / guidance.

HI ,

I have almst 3 yrs of experience in IT ,academics desent nt great ,EC kinda gud .....
working in finance domain ,investment bank for past 3 yrs .....
this year got a call from IMT ghaziabd GMBA ,but didn go ....
and now aiming @ scoring nythn above 740 in GMAt , planing to take a date arnd mid of june .
started preparation some 2-3 weeks back , please suggest a good strategy / books .....