The dilemma, US univ or AIM ?

Hi Folks, I am really very very confused. Need help from all of you to come out of this. :disappointed: Got an admit from AIM. Also an admit and tuition waiver of 50%from Thunderbird ( #1 for international mgmt) So now cost wise …

Hi Folks,
I am really very very confused. Need help from all of you to come out of this. 😞

Got an admit from AIM.
Also an admit and tuition waiver of 50%from Thunderbird ( #1 for international mgmt)

So now cost wise AIM & Thunderbird are almost equal for me.

No doubt AIM is good. but looking at class profile ( 50 % indians, 45 % Phillipinos, rest are japanese, chinese etc) I think its not that diverse. Also AIM doesn't assure about placememnts. The scope after MBA is limited to Asia only, at least it seems so from feedback of various alumni. But can be advantageous looking at booming asian economy.

About Thunderbird, overall ranking is not that good, though the best for international mgmt.
Not aware about placement scene at thunderbird, but heard from someone that the ranking of school helps.

I am waiting for results of Mays (TAMU) & Kelley business school. But they will be in late march and AIM needs to confirm the admission till march 13.

Here is one more twist in my story, My F1 Visa got rejected twice last year on financial grounds( It was for MS and no funding was there. But my all papers were clear). Because of this experience I am really scared, if it happens again then no point in letting go the opportunity of AIM....

SO now can you people put some light on these two options???:wow:

Confirm the admission at AIM and pay the seat deposit(if it is not too big). Wait for your other results. In case your visa gets rejected, you will still have the AIM offer.

Kiran
Not to worry ...me too in the same situation. Pay 400 dollars to AIM as a booking advance.Try ur luck elsewhere.
PLease decide if u lookin at a career in Asia or the US. If u comin back then a thunderbird MBA would not carry as much weightage as an AIM MBA.I heard placements are pickin up this season at AIM.So hope for the best.

quote=kiranGD]Hi Folks,
I am really very very confused. Need help from all of you to come out of this. 😞

Got an admit from AIM.
Also an admit and tuition waiver of 50%from Thunderbird ( #1 for international mgmt)

No doubt AIM is good. but looking at class profile ( 50 % indians, 45 % Phillipinos, rest are japanese, chinese etc) I think its not that diverse. Also AIM doesn't assure about placememnts. The scope after MBA is limited to Asia only, at least it seems so from feedback of various alumni. But can be advantageous looking at booming asian economy.

About Thunderbird, overall ranking is not that good, though the best for international mgmt.
Not aware about placement scene at thunderbird, but heard from someone that the ranking of school helps.

I am waiting for results of Mays (TAMU) & Kelley business school. But they will be in late march and AIM needs to confirm the admission till march 13.

Here is one more twist in my story, My F1 Visa got rejected twice last year on financial grounds( It was for MS and no funding was there. But my all papers were clear). Because of this experience I am really scared, if it happens again then no point in letting go the opportunity of AIM....

Thanks Puneeth & Chandler,
Will be meeting one very senior AIM alumni & will talk to one current student. Hope it will help.
Till then what Puneeth has said is the only solution.

For Chandler,
You had asked about VISA rejection:
I had to show $30000 - $40000. My papers were of about $78000. But it included fixed assets. That might have been the cause.
I really don't know why he rejected th VISA, because second time he not even referred my papers.....

If you people know about some VISA consultant , please let me know. I am in Pune.

Hi Folks,

Got an admit from AIM.

Hi Kiran

Me exactly in the same situation as urs,

my dilewmma is b/w TAMU and THUNDERBIRD.

THUNDERBIRD- 50% tution waiver
and TAMU- resident fee status.+ $6000

Are u able to make ur mind.

pls PM me ,,i want to add u to my messenger list.

thanks
samarth

hey guys .. mee too in Exactly the same situation .. the fix is between Iowa Tippie and AIM ...

Will keep going through these forums to get any info that'l help me decide .. will post any info that I find and feel will be useful in this regard..

cheers !!

Good to see 3-4 people active on this thread. I have made a decision. I will pay the AIM 400 dollar fee and then look at options. If I do get aid in some good school in the US and do get the visa I will go.Else AIM.