The big BIM exam fiasco!

Okay, am pissed! I took BAT (for BIM, Trichy) today and it became a great deal for me(and several others) to just take it! I had applied online to the institute, and the online hall ticket had the time of the exam printed as 3pm. I landed at the t…

Okay, am pissed! I took BAT (for BIM, Trichy) today and it became a great deal for me(and several others) to just take it! I had applied online to the institute, and the online hall ticket had the time of the exam printed as 3pm. I landed at the test center at around 2.20pm(40 mins in advance) but found no one there, and a lot of parked vehicles. I managed to locate the hall and went there to find a few dozens of folks already writing the exam! The invigilator told me that the exam was at 2pm and reprimanded me for coming 20 minutes late! I kept my cool and showed him my hall ticket and he appeared surprised by the time, but said that it was unfortunate that a mistake had been made on their website, but that I could still take the test for the remaining 1hr and 40 mins! Naturally, I refused and insisted on taking the test for the full 2 hours like everyone else. As we were arguing, few more people who had registered online turned, some with their parents, who got really mad and started to yell a bit. The invigilator then contacted someone else, who appeared to be the head honcho of invigilators who then made a few calls to BIM, and found that apparently the admit cards posted on the website had the time as 3pm instead of 2. Instead of apologizing, the person compalined that had we come "early" to the exam at around 1.30pm or so(for the 3pm exam), such problems could have been avoided, and that it was a pity that no one these days were keen on being punctual!!! The nerve! I had turned up 40 minutes in advance for the test, yet he wanted me to have been there 90 minutes in advance so that their fiasco in managing time could have been avoided! Well, finally after we all expressed out utmost unhappiness on what had happened, they finally decided to let us(around 10 people whose crime was being technically savvy enough to apply on the net instead of via snail mail like all the other dozens of people!) take the test from 3pm to 5pm.

I really hope this incident wasn't a 'demo' on how management education at BIM is going to be assuming I get selected and join it!

Well, now talking about the exam itself, I answered all the 200 since there was no negative marking, but expect a score of 120+. How about you all?

I really hope this incident wasn't a 'demo' on how management education at BIM is going to be assuming I get selected and join it!

I saw a program on SUN TV once and it had a bunch of BIM guys et gals in it. All of them were the "giggly" type . Well, I am ABSOLUTELY sure you won't fit there.

All of them were the "giggly" type . Well, I am ABSOLUTELY sure you won't fit there.

😁 😛 hehehehe! giggle! giggle! tee hee! Hey, PG, u sure about that? :wink:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for SP Jain. I won't have to worry about giggly girls at BIM or other such institutes if I make it in that institution. A certain feline species has to bless me though by making itself big enough for SPJ, if not the IIMs.
:D 😛 hehehehe! giggle! giggle! tee hee! Hey, PG, u
sure about that? :wink:

LOL .. you trying to become one of them eh ?? I can already see you fit in pretty well

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for SP Jain. I won't have to worry about giggly girls at BIM or other such institutes if I make it in that institution.

Sathya, If ONLY the girls giggled, I really wouldn't have had no reason to say we need to avoid BIM

A certain feline species has to bless me though by making itself big enough for SPJ, if not the IIMs.

Aren't we all waiting for those blessings. Hail CAT

Hi Sathya,

I too had given BAT today. But atleast in the Mumbai Centre there was no such problem. The Exam timing was from 3 to 5 as printed in the admit card.

hehehehe! giggle! giggle! tee hee! Hey, PG, u sure about that?

Attempted all the 200 questions. Not too sure of the score though

Wayne

Sathya, If ONLY the girls giggled, I really wouldn't have had no reason to say we need to avoid BIM

As long as they don't point at me and giggle, I'm cool with that!

As long as they don't point at me and giggle, I'm cool with that !

Okay.. I never wanted to let this out...

But the guys giggled too

SUN TV

yep.....heard people at chennai too had the same problem and they rescheduled it to 3pm for everyone...nothing like that at mine..(trichy)......test started of by 2pm itself......and folks whatdya think of the math section....i thought it was welll....a bit way off the way math generally is in such tests......what with divergent, order, etc etc.....god knows what....to be frank, my first reaction seeing it was wtf!!!!!!!!!i remember having heard those stuff a long long time back...but to expect to c that in such a test...hmm thats something i had discounted....and attempts.....i didnt want to take a chance that i had taken with iift,,,,where i attempted everything......and ended up missing it......i believe it was due to what someone here told earlier abt accuracy rate....could attempt hardly 15 in the math section and 155 overall.....any idea if this paper has sectional cutoffs folks????

and yea talking of sun tv,,,,folks,,,,,if in case u were in shortage of some real life comedy , do tune into two channels just for two programs.....the news.......one is sun and the other jaya.......u can find what are two amazing views of any event that pertains to tamil nadu........in short a mockery of all journalistic rules, if ever they were any.....but pure, clean, unadulterated fun in the end............

cheers

HI ppl,
In B'lore, the test started at 3 pm to account for that prob with timings. Atleast they didn't f*** up like in Madurai. Anyway, the test was ok and as with everyone else, i found the math to be leaning too much on the Std 12th fundas. Other sections were just ok. Btw any idea when the results will be out?

Regards,
Sandy A.

anyone here applied to BIM on XAT score ???

the test turned out to be such a bore what with the exam being after noon and moreover we were allowed to take a good nap b4 the test actually began..one of the most comfortable tests.. though it was pathetically managed.the only thing that we fell short of was some loo breaks between the exam...what say bingo? not too many test takers either. the paper was simple except for gk/ quants.As there wer no negatives, we had the freedom to attempt all and gave us some good shading practise i managed to answer all at the end.with around 150-160 serious attempts out of 200.how bout the rest of the folks here?..

avinash

hey sunil,

i have applied to BIM through Xat. I guess the results will be out along with the the BAT results. So what do you think are the cut-offs for BIM through XAT.

Well, I guess 2 years down the line, BIM hasnt improved much. I applied online for BIM thro XAT(obviously BAT has been cancelled now) and payed the money through Credit card. The tranaction was a success but there began my problem. I tried mailing BIM and this is the reply that I got.

Dear Candidate,

You just register again. because the number generated for you is a wrong one. For the new batch students the number should be stated in 10,001,2,3... like this. If we receive the amount twice we will resend the amount to you.

With best wishes,
Admissions.

At 09:48 PM 9/12/2005, you wrote:
Application ID : ******

I had filled in and printed out my application on 11th september 2005 and paid the money thro Credit Card. When clicking on the apply online shows my status as "You have filled ur Application" , the application status tab says "You have not filled in your application". What am I to do? also plz let me know if u have debited the amount from my Credit Card?

Now i'll have to reregister. Problem is I have registered twice with diff e-mail addresses and came up with different problems. well, Iam running out of e-mail addresses and patience.