Texas A&M; Mays v/s Ohio - Fisher

Hi Everyone, I have an admit from Texas A&M; Mays and Ohio Fisher. I am facing a decision problem between the two. I have to confirm this in the next couple of days Ohio - Fisher - Admit with a schol of 15k USD. Close to 25% of the tutio…

Hi Everyone,

I have an admit from Texas A&M; Mays and Ohio Fisher. I am facing a decision problem between the two. I have to confirm this in the next couple of days

Ohio - Fisher - Admit with a schol of 15k USD. Close to 25% of the tution

Texas A&M; Mays - Admit with resident status (instate fee) and a schol of USD 12K. This turns out to be very economical . Its a 16 months course

GMAT - 700
Work Ex - 2yrs and 7 months till date in IT - Top Indian S/W co

Post MBA - would like to get into consulting

I would appreciate if you could give me a comparison between the two based on what you know and the experiences you have heard about the two schools.
Both claim to have good placements for international students

Fisher is ranked higher than Mays.
However, I wish to know if the difference between the two is substantial enough to give up benefits that Mays has to offer ?

waiting for some inputs/suggestions from everyone.

Thanks a lot.
Kaushal

Congratulations!
I'm sure the financial commitment is weighing heavily on your mind but you seem to focus primarily on the financials.

Neither school will open doors for consulting but Fisher (more known for finance and accounting ) should be a better bet.

Somewhere on this forum you shd be able to find a discussion abt TAMU, not very encouraging though.

Have you spoken to any current students, alums?

Congratulations!
I'm sure the financial commitment is weighing heavily on your mind but you seem to focus primarily on the financials.

Neither school will open doors for consulting but Fisher (more known for finance and accounting ) should be a better bet.

Somewhere on this forum you shd be able to find a discussion abt TAMU, not very encouraging though.

Have you spoken to any current students, alums?

Thanks mba05,

Yes I have spoken to a current student. According to him the program is good and deserves the place where it has been put on US News 06 - around 32.

I also read few discussion abt TAMU on this forum and spoke abt this to the current student. He says whatever negative said or written abt TAMU could be entirely personal opinion. He did not face any problems and was quite happy with the program.

I will talk to a few more current students - lets see what they have to say.

Thanks,
Kaushal

Hi,

congrats on making an admit to Texas A&M; , Ohio ...
wanted to ask a question ... how do u determine which course will ensure that makes an assured job oppurtunity ...