Terry (Univ of Georgia) Fall 11 applicants

Info: Full-Time MBA Terry College of Business University of Georgia * Essays:* What are your short-term and long-term career goals? What position would you like to obtain immediately after completing your MBA? How has your work experience to…

Info: Full-Time MBA Terry College of Business University of Georgia
Essays:
What are your short-term and long-term career goals? What position would you like to obtain immediately after completing your MBA? How has your work experience to date prepared you for that role? What steps will you take during your time in the MBA program to increase the- likelihood of successfully achieving your short-term career goal? Why is this career path meaningful to you? (750 words maximum, please double space.)

Write about a time when you had a significant misunderstanding with someone from a different background or culture. (750 words maximum, please double space.)

Optional: Is there anything you want to tell us in regard to your application?

Deadlines:
Round - Deadline Decisions - Issued
Round 1 - October 15 - December 1
Round 2 - December 1 - January 18
Round 3 - January 18 - March 15 (Final Deadline for Intl Applications)
Round 4 - March 1 - May 3 (Space-Available Basis Only)

Ranked #36 (US schools) in businessweek 2010 rankings. http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/rankings/ (click on full-time tab; page defaults on undergrad tab)

2009 PG Thread: http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/georgia-terry-2009-applications-and-interview-25035929

I am in for R1. Interview over. Waiting for decision.

Hi thedarklard

Gud luck with ur final decision. I am planning to apply in r2.

I have 3 yrs of work ex and want to purse specialization in operations/supply chain. Is the school famous for this? How would u rate the school compared to pittsburgh/smeal etc. for these courses?

How about the location of the school? is it located near fortune 500 companies?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Hello there,

I am a Fall-10 student at Terry so might be able to answer your concerns.
In Operations the college is well placed and with the recent rankings it is 36th in the US.
As for the location its near Atlanta which is a strong market.
There are fortune 500 companies which come.
Any other queries you could mail me
Bhavya

@ashrutthapar, hope your doubts are cleared by now. And all the best for your application.
@Bhavya, It is great to have you here. Could you let us know a bit about your background please?

I did my Bachelors in Engg from the Univ of Rajasthan.
I worked prior for 4 years in the IT sector majorly with IBM.

Thanks a lot for your inputs.

Do you have an idea about case western, ohio and miami , mba?

Are they famous for supply chain?

Thanks Bhavya.

Ashruth, not sure about case western and miami, but ohio is famous for supply chain.

Got an admit. Anyone else?

Bhavya,
Will you be able to give some inputs? Please let me know, I will send you a PM.

Hey Guys

I've an interview invite from Terry.

Can somebody please tell me, what sort of questions are they asking ?

Also, where does the school stand compared to Syracuse, Northeastern and Mason?

Regards

Hey rafa,

congrats on your interview invite. The questions were very general. Nothing out of the ordinary really. Know your resume and essays well and you should be good.

For your other question, unless you have an admit from any of those universities, it is a moot point. Each of the schools you mentioned has its pluses and minuses. Syracuse for example: I consider it below Terry, but its location would give you advantage in networking and job search considering its proximity to NY.

--Duplicate post--

^^ Thanks mate

Had my interview today. It lasted only 14.57. And out of that too, i guess 3-4 mins were spent answering my questions. I wonder whether i screwed it or what.....how long did your last ??

Rafa,
The questions are very normal. Nothing out of the ordinary really. If you know your essays well and understand why you want to do an MBA, especially at Terry, then you should be all good.

All the best for your interview.

hey darklord

Thanks for the reply.

I have already had my interview yesterday. My interview only lasted 15 minutes. I don't know whether it was meant to be that brief, or i messed it.
How long did your interview last?

Hey rafa,

I hope you get through... can you share ur questions??

Ashrut

Hey rafa,

I hope you get through... can you share ur questions??

Ashrut

Rafa,

Pretty much the same time. 25 mins for me I think. But that coz I asked a few questions. All the best for your app.

Hey darkland,

I applied a week back. When will i hear from them? ne idea?