TERI University 2012-14 Admissions and Related Discussions

Hello aspirants… :: . Welcome to the TERI thread… You will be finding all your answers to the admissions related process on this thread. TERI University, with TERI as its parent organisation has three MBA courses under its belt. -*MBA in …

Hello aspirants... Welcome to the TERI thread.. You will be finding all your answers to the admissions related process on this thread.
TERI University, with TERI as its parent organisation has three MBA courses under its belt.

-MBA in INFRASTRUCTURE (the oldest)
-MBA in BUSINESS SUSTAINABILITY
-MBA in URBAN MANAGEMENT(will start this year)
:

All three are highly specialized and niche courses catering to the demands and requirements of the ever changing curriculum...
The basic eligibility of Eligibility criteria of MBA in Infrastructure is offered to students in two optional streams.
-Stream I For graduates without work experience.
-Stream II For graduates with work experience.
Eligibility for Stream I
(i) Bachelor's Degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA with English at 10+2 level.
Eligibility for Stream II
(ii) Graduates with a minimum of two years experience in any of the following sectors namely government, regulatory bodies, industry, research/academic institutions, donor/consultant organizations.

For MBA in BS and Urban Mgmt criteria is
The candidates must possess a Bachelor's degree with at least 50 per cent aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA and English as a subject at least till 10+2 level. Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor's degree / awaiting results can also apply

The best part for all the three courses is the student strength which never exceeds 30 per course.:clap:
Recently TERI University was awarded with the 'Most Innovative Curriculum' award at the India Today Aspire Education Summit Awards 2012 and stood tall among the best of India's education sector who were honoured at this prestigious summit

TERI accepts CAT/MAT/GMAT scores for admissions. Though admissions are primarily profile based, but students with higher CAT scores are given preference. Consistent academic background is also one of the differentiators.
The average placement is around 7 lacs per annum with highest going upto 12. Primarily PSU's are dominant as far as the placement process goes.
Application Deadline expires on 27th Apr...

Your queries regarding the process are welcome.

P.S-- Happy Holi...:cheers:

Regards
Akanksha Sharma
MBA 2011-13

Hello aspirants... Welcome to the TERI thread.. You will be finding all your answers to the admissions related process on this thread.
TERI University, with TERI as its parent organisation has three MBA courses under its belt.

thanx for creating thread for admission related discussions.... this will really help people know about the college... one thing i really dislike about college is that the admission process starts too late...

hello puys,,,
does the college has 100% placement scenerio????

hello puys,,,
does the college has 100% placement scenerio????

even the IIM's don't have 100% placement scenario....
if you are employable you will get through....:clap:

Respected Ma'am,

Please advise how does difference in eligibility affect the student. As you've mentioned there are two eligibility criterias: with experience and without experience..

Respected Ma'am,

Please advise how does difference in eligibility affect the student. As you've mentioned there are two eligibility criterias: with experience and without experience..

hello Sir... difference in eligibility calls for greater diversity in the batch... Although there is no hard and fast rule but Infra admissions are quite profile driven based,, with majority of them having experience ranging from 20 months to 48 months....

But even in BS we have some awesome work ex based profiles... in the end it all boils down to students applying for various courses

whats the cut off?

I never knew we had such an institute right here in Delhi itself !! :clap::clap:

I am very interested in doing an MBA in something worthwhile. IRMA and IIFM are the two institutes that came to my mind and I went for them. But now TERI is too is becoming an option.

Puys, can you please elaborate more on the course on BS, Infra and UM.

Also what were the CAT scores that made it to BS last year?
Do I have a chance at 92%ile with 20+ work ex in IT industry?

Sorry to bombard you with queries .. but I cant keep soo many questions inside .. really excited to know about TERI

Hi all can please some one, or any Student from teri tell about the cut off of mat/Cat requisite to get in there,does institutions takes its own exam as well, as my results were not so impressive.Please seniours give your valuable input.

Miss Sharma ,

Can please tell its last year cut off for mat/cat , and if a person is having an year of experinece in manufacturing , how this university will boost his career.

Thankx
ashish

hey seniors,,
can u please tell the ratio of students appearing for gdpi to the students selected...
please respond to the queries... the thread has become so inactive...
thankx in advanc...

hey...yaar plz tell me abt the
1) affiliation oh university...aicte or ugc....n
2) which mba prograM TO CONSIDER OUT OF 4 MBA PROGRAMS.....N
3) ALSO THE MAT AND CAT CUTOFF.......
.......THANKS IN ADVANCE

Ma'am,Please reply to the queries of the aspirants.....What were last year's CAT cut-offs??? 😃

HI
What are my chances of being sortlisted for Interview in TERI .

Experience : 2.5 years in IT sector .
MAT % : 99.55
X th : 79
XII th : 84
B.Tech(Computer Sc) : 73.15
Applying for : M.B.A. Infrastructure
I am an OBC candidate

Is there any reservation quota in This university .

Seniors please reply

It's really strange that they start the thread and don't even reply..

?? Seniors ?? there ?

Dear All,

Apologies for replying late.

As most of the questions are related to Cut off score, so let me take this up.

As such there is no cut off defined by the college. They consider your complete application while taking the decision. The real elimination stage is GD & PI and not on the basis of your CAT/MAT score. In-fact out of GD/PI, more weigtage is given to PI wherein they see your interest in the program and how passionate you are towards it. I would personally suggest even if you do not high score in CAT/MAT, please apply for the course as the major elimination is in GD/PI.

@victorysharma00/iimabhinav- I think, you will get sort listed for sure.

Details of Program:
For details about the program and courses, please visit the university website.

Affiliation:
UGC and AICTE Approved.

Campus Visit:

If anyone of you wants to visit our campus and interact personally then please let us know.

Below are my contact details, feel free to call me up any time after 8pm.

Keshav Singhal
99536-31261
[email protected]

Dear All,

As such there is no cut off defined by the college. They consider your complete application
while taking the decision. The real elimination stage is GD & PI and not on the basis of your CAT/MAT score. In-fact out of GD/PI, more weigtage is given to PI wherein they see your interest in the program and how passionate you are towards it. I would personally suggest even if you do not have high score in CAT/MAT, please apply for the course as the major elimination is in GD/PI.

Details of Program:
For details about the program and course, please visit the university website.

Reservation quota:
As far as I know, there is no reservation quota in the university.

Affiliation:
UGC and AICTE Approved.

Campus Visit:

Also, If anyone of you wants to visit our campus and interact personally then please let us know.

Keshav Singhal
99536-31261
[email protected]

Dear All,

As such there is no cut off defined by the college. They consider your complete application
while taking the decision. The real elimination stage is GD & PI and not on the basis of your CAT/MAT score. In-fact out of GD/PI, more weigtage is given to PI wherein they see your interest in the program and how passionate you are towards it. I would personally suggest even if you do not have high score in CAT/MAT, please apply for the course as the major elimination is in GD/PI.

Details of Program:
For details about the program and course, please visit the university website.

Affiliation:
UGC and AICTE Approved.

Campus Visit:

Also, If anyone of you wants to visit our campus and interact personally then please let us know.

Keshav Singhal
99536-31261
[email protected]