Tepper (Carnegie Mellon) 2007 Interviews and Beyond

Hi Guys, Lets share here the experiences and the profiles of the people applying to Tepper and other info regarding Tepper.

Hi Guys,

Lets share here the experiences and the profiles of the people applying to Tepper and other info regarding Tepper.

can we start with you?

Here is my profile:

GMAT : 720 (Q:50, V:38 )

TOEFL : 267

Work Ex: 3.5 yrs till now in manufacturing, Family business and IT, all inclusive.

Applying to Tepper in R-2.

hi guys,

i am also planning to apply in R-2

My profile :

GMAT : 710
Work Exp: 2.5 (manufacturing )
Graduation : Engineering,
Average Academics, Good extra currics

I need to know abt the financial statement thing : it says u need to show funds for 133000 $ in cash ; no real estate, stocks nothing.
can anyone tell me wat is to be done ?
i dont have that much fund anyways relying on schols and loans

thanx

varun

Hi guys,

i am also planning to apply to Tepper by January deadline.

My profile:
GMAt : 710.
Work Ex: 3.5 years in marketing of a manufacturing company.

I want to kno wwhether one has to submit the financial statement at the time of applying or after getting admit. Also do we have to submit transcripts from our schools also or only college transcripts will do?

I am low in extracurriciular and community wotk and because of that I am not able to decide whether to apply or not. How much do they matter?

bye

I need to know abt the financial statement thing : it says u need to show funds for 133000 $ in cash ; no real estate, stocks nothing.
can anyone tell me wat is to be done ?
i dont have that much fund anyways relying on schols and loans

thanx

varun

I think scools basically want to make sure that your students visa does not get rejected due to lack of funds so that thats why they are asking for financial related docs now. Since you have greater chance of getting rejected during visa interview if you say that you plan to finance you MBA thru loans, you will have to come up with assets of freinds/relatives even though you may not be borrowing from them eventually.

This is from the Tepper Website

"If you are admitted, these forms will be used to verify the source(s) of funds. Proper documentation is necessary for the school to issue the I-20 form needed to obtain a student visa."

Even I am unclear on whether these docs are need with the application.....gotto write to the adcom...if anyone has done so already plz let us know...thnx
I want to kno wwhether one has to submit the financial statement at the time of applying or after getting admit. Also do we have to submit transcripts from our schools also or only college transcripts will do?

No need to submit financial documents at the time of applying. secondly, transcripts from your college are needed.

Thanks for clearing the doubt about financial statement. But can I submit my marksheets which have all the subjects undertaken and latter submit the original transcript? I have a problem that I am running short of time to get transcripts from the college. Also is there any format for the transcripts?

sj04 Says
Thanks for clearing the doubt about financial statement. But can I submit my marksheets which have all the subjects undertaken and latter submit the original transcript? I have a problem that I am running short of time to get transcripts from the college. Also is there any format for the transcripts?

I got my transcripts made form my college. i have no idea abt the other option, if there is one. mail CMU or go to the college and get it

Hey guys just a small doubt .. don't we have interviews for tepper ...
when will the results be out?

Mav

don't we have interviews for tepper ...
what kind of question is that??? read the thread title
Maverick2110 Says
when will the results be out?

Dec 22 for R1

Hey

Don't take me wrong .. I thought admission decision by that date ..
Anyways any idea abt the number of people getting interview calls and the selection ratio thereby.

Mav

Anyways any idea abt the number of people getting interview calls and the selection ratio thereby.

no idea and these things are not required at all . just apply !!!

hi guys,

i am also planning to apply in R-2

My profile :

GMAT : 740
Work Exp: 6 (IT )
Graduation : Engineering,
Good Academics, Good extra currics, Good Community work

thanks
hellojp

Hi,
I have a clarification regarding cheque for application fee. I am from India so the cheque would be in Indian Rupees (INR). But by the time the cheque reaches you it would be some days so, how would the conversion be performed. Should I draft the cheque with the conversion from dollars to INR on the day the cheque is taken?

Could one of you please clarify this.

With Regards
Murali

@murali

why dont you use a credit card for the payment. it is the fastest and most secure IMHO. tell me if I am missing something here.

Hi Amit,
As far as I am aware CMU doesnt have the option of online payment. They need it as a cheque, money order, or cashier's check. Could you clarify if you have already payed the amount?

With Regards
Murali

As far as I am aware CMU doesnt have the option of online payment. They need it as a cheque, money order, or cashier's check. Could you clarify if you have already payed the amount?

WHAT! I cannot believe this... After the Cornell ding I was considering looking at CMU.. Now if they don't have something as basic as this, don't know if I want to apply!

Hi,
I stand corrected. I read their application instructions and they mention that the mode of payment is cheque, money order or cashier's cheque. I visited their website and did an application check where there is an option to choose the preffered mode of payment Credit Card is one mode of payment.

So I guess we all can be certain that we need not worry about the conversion rates :wink:.