Temple- fox 2012 fall applicants

Hey, Applicants to the Full time Fox MBA program for fall 2012… Pleas share your profiles. If there is a thread already kindly post the link:cheerio:

Hey,
Applicants to the Full time Fox MBA program for fall 2012... Pleas share your profiles. If there is a thread already kindly post the link:cheerio:

GMAT 550 AWA 6.0

4.5 Years work Exp SunGard - Financial Services Software.

Decent work ex and recos from US bosses as well.

What is the probability ?

Ankit

GMAT 550 AWA 6.0

Ankit

I would be the wrong person to assess your chances. I myself am first round applicant. Did you start with your application? how are the essays coming along?

Is there anyone else who is applying???

GMAT 550 AWA 6.0

Ankit

Hi Ankit,

Im planning to apply in this month, did you already applied to temple ?
If yes did you get an interview call for them

My Profile:

GMAT 550
Acads: Good
Excurr: V Good.
Exp: 3.9 in IT

Im not sure about the prospect of mine. May i know which other univs you are applying ?

Br,
Vidhu
shantanuherleka Says
Is there anyone else who is applying???

I am also applying in Fox .My profile Gmat : 720, Toefl : 103, workex: 8 yrshantanuherleka, plz share ur profile.Plz tell me whether u alreday received the interview call or not??
Max7654321 Says
I am also applying in Fox .My profile Gmat : 720, Toefl : 103, workex: 8 yrshantanuherleka, plz share ur profile.Plz tell me whether u alreday received the interview call or not??

Hey Max,
My profile GMAT:680 , TOEFL: 103 workex 2 yrs. Already interviewed awaiting results..

what is the total fees for 2 years..

Any progress?? Anyone with admits??

I havent even got an interview call. 😞

Well.. Considering your profile you will get it very soon! all the best 😃

Finally an admit :biggrin:

Hi Shantanu and others,

Could you pls share your interview expereince? Wat course are you looking at from Temple? Have you recieved any scholarships?

Have you spoken to any of the students there? What would be the total cost and monthly expenses?

Any idea about quality and quantity of placements?

Hi Shantanu and others,

Could you pls share your interview expereince? Wat course are you looking at from Temple? Have you recieved any scholarships?

Have you spoken to any of the students there? What would be the total cost and monthly expenses?

Any idea about quality and quantity of placements?

Hello,

The interview was a standard one with the usual questions. I am going for the marketing one. Yes i have received 50% schols.. I did speak to a 2011 passout. The total cost without tuition would be roughly 60k$ + living. Its high cuz its in Philadelphia. Placements are decent and mainly depends on your ability to network.Hope this helps. Are you still applying or have already applied?
Hello,

The interview was a standard one with the usual questions. I am going for the marketing one. Yes i have received 50% schols.. I did speak to a 2011 passout. The total cost without tuition would be roughly 60k$ + living. Its high cuz its in Philadelphia. Placements are decent and mainly depends on your ability to network.Hope this helps. Are you still applying or have already applied?

Good to know they roll out scholarships..I'm thinking of applying for the March 1st deadline..Still in two minds..I've a similar profile as urs in terms of GMAT and Toefl..Got 2.7yrs of work ex in IT as of now..Bit confused between International Business and Marketing..
Any specific reason you chose marketing? Any inputs on the teaching for International Biz and Marketing that you could collect from the 2011 passout?
How good are the placements for International students? And i've come across this line "Placements depends on your ability to network"..Could you pls explain a little more about this?
Any other univ ur aiming or got admits from?
Hello,

Hi Shantanu,

Could you pls also share you work exp? I mean which industry you worked in and any leadership positions you held? Reason for asking is i saw that you've 2 yr experience and the Essay 1 in FOX deals with leadership 😃
Good to know they roll out scholarships..I'm thinking of applying for the March 1st deadline..Still in two minds..I've a similar profile as urs in terms of GMAT and Toefl..Got 2.7yrs of work ex in IT as of now..Bit confused between International Business and Marketing..
Any specific reason you chose marketing? Any inputs on the teaching for International Biz and Marketing that you could collect from the 2011 passout?
How good are the placements for International students? And i've come across this line "Placements depends on your ability to network"..Could you pls explain a little more about this?
Any other univ ur aiming or got admits from?

Sorry was held up with work..ermm i think you should consider your area of interest before deciding between the two..I am a second generation entrepreneur.. Have a good base setup up by my father.. we have come up with certain goals for the company within a certain span.. to achieve this I chose marketing.. the business is basically about marketing... About placements.. When I spoke to the alumni what he said was.. See temple is not in the ivy league so you obviously wont be presented with a job on the platter.. You need to do a bit of work and certainly there is the alumni and the placement cell to provide assistance.. with your efforts it should not be that difficult.. I have given interviews for notredame, smeal, fox and utah..

regarding workex.. I worked in CTS for a year as a trainee and then joined my dads business.. currently working from past one year in the responsibilities of a director and have had a good exposure to the management aspects of business..

Hope this helps..Sorry for the late reply.. was held up with work..
Sorry was held up with work..ermm i think you should consider your area of interest before deciding between the two..I am a second generation entrepreneur.. Have a good base setup up by my father.. we have come up with certain goals for the company within a certain span.. to achieve this I chose marketing.. the business is basically about marketing... About placements.. When I spoke to the alumni what he said was.. See temple is not in the ivy league so you obviously wont be presented with a job on the platter.. You need to do a bit of work and certainly there is the alumni and the placement cell to provide assistance.. with your efforts it should not be that difficult.. I have given interviews for notredame, smeal, fox and utah..

regarding workex.. I worked in CTS for a year as a trainee and then joined my dads business.. currently working from past one year in the responsibilities of a director and have had a good exposure to the management aspects of business..

Hope this helps..Sorry for the late reply.. was held up with work..

Thanks for that info Shantanu..I've been in the IT field now for over 2.7 yrs..As you know the chance of gettin a leadership position for this experience is difficult in the IT industry..My idea is to get into marketing first and then slowly move into the higher management..Since FOX have not discussed the subjects under International Biz or Marketing its a little difficult to pick between the two..How would you evaluate my chances based on the info I've shared? Any other admits you've received? U'll be joining FOX surely or wait for few other results?

Thanks for the info you've given till now..Its been a great help..
Thanks for that info Shantanu..I've been in the IT field now for over 2.7 yrs..As you know the chance of gettin a leadership position for this experience is difficult in the IT industry..My idea is to get into marketing first and then slowly move into the higher management..Since FOX have not discussed the subjects under International Biz or Marketing its a little difficult to pick between the two..How would you evaluate my chances based on the info I've shared? Any other admits you've received? U'll be joining FOX surely or wait for few other results?

Thanks for the info you've given till now..Its been a great help..

Well I think you should give it a try, its certainly worth an attempt. Joining or not is upto you.. As of now this is the only admit I have and I think the offer is good enough for me. I am looking forward to join.. Hope to see you there.. if you have any more queries you can always pm or mail em to me.. I dont keep frequenting to pagalguy that often now since I have an admit.. Hope this helps

Cheers,
Shantanu