Teach India

Teach India is a nation-building initiative :idea: (or social initiative) from the Times of India that brings together children in need of education and people who can contribute a little time towards teaching them. :: You can register he…

Teach India is a nation-building initiative :idea: (or social initiative) from the Times of India that brings together children in need of education and people who can contribute a little time towards teaching them.

You can register here : www.teach.timesofindia.com

I was looking for an NGO in my neighborhood so to contribute some time towards my social responsibilities. The very next day I saw the front page of their newspaper with this.
Would like to bring in the Om Shanti Om liner "agar kisi cheez ko dil se chaho to puri kaynat tumhe usse dilane mein jut jaati hai" (not to scale ).

The underprivileged kids would also be having dreams to achieve something, so let's get together to help them reach it.

Please discuss about the activities and tasks you undertake with Teach India on this thread.

I have joined in, where are you.

Let's learn to teach

Regards,
picaroon

Yup...its a great way for people who wanted to do something but didn't know where to start from..Hopefully, loads of people will come forward and make it a success.

i have joined

I can do anything for india

count me too...

with all of you in this noble cause

Is it available for pune also?

jain.er Says
Is it available for pune also?

It's currently in the initial phase..so to start with they have picked our 4 metros : Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai.

You can check out their website i had mentioned in my first post, they have a discussion forum on it.

It's people like us who can make this go places. :cheerio:

Let's learn to teach

regards,
picaroon

hey guys ,

I have registered through their site..

waiting for a call from them.

M also in from Bangalore.... have enrolled there today itself... 😃

today i got this mail..

Hi,
Thank you!
You have successfully registered to participate in our program.
Someone from the Teach India cell will contact you on the Phone number/Email address you have provided within 10 days of the reciept of your application
Click here to get your personalized Teach India badge.
Best Wishes,
Teach India Cell.

today i got this mail..

Hi,
Thank you!
You have successfully registered to participate in our program.
Someone from the Teach India cell will contact you on the Phone number/Email address you have provided within 10 days of the reciept of your application
Click here to get your personalized Teach India badge.
Best Wishes,
Teach India Cell.
:thumbsup:

You must have received this e-mail after filling in your volunteer form.

I am also waiting for them to contact back after this.:lookround:

regards,
picaroon

hey

even i wish to be a part of it...can anyone giude me as to how to go about it....

cheers

tanu

hey

even i wish to be a part of it...can anyone giude me as to how to go about it....

cheers

tanu

Hi Tanu,

Here is the link:

Teach India

You need to register here by filling up a form. Then the representatives will contact you on how to take it forward.

Lets all come together for this noble cause..

Any thing of this sorts available to pune guyz......:(

Hey has any one been contacted by the members of NGO on how to take this forward? The mail said that they will contact us in 10 days. Its been 9 days already. Has someone been contacted?

I eally dunno wats gonna happen in dis campaign,
Remember the old campaign by TOI, Lead India.. Nuttting... Jus zilch.
Wher are the people of the show? Have they become silent spectators? All the finalists were really good and TOI capitalised on it and made it a reality show.
M jus scared that even thats dusnt go that way! Wat if they come up wid some 'Reality show' of 'Best Social Worker'. Lets not forget guys that Bennet Coleman and Co is here to do business. Its a corporate giant. Hope all of us are patient and listen well :bigear:

I eally dunno wats gonna happen in dis campaign,
Remember the old campaign by TOI, Lead India.. Nuttting... Jus zilch.
Wher are the people of the show? Have they become silent spectators? All the finalists were really good and TOI capitalised on it and made it a reality show.
M jus scared that even thats dusnt go that way! Wat if they come up wid some 'Reality show' of 'Best Social Worker'. Lets not forget guys that Bennet Coleman and Co is here to do business. Its a corporate giant. Hope all of us are patient and listen well :bigear:

Yeah, let's just keep our fingers crossed.

Even if this doesn't turn out the way they intend to (or show they intend to), we can get along with the NGO we associate with, and then work out things with them (hoping the NGO turns out genuine).

Also, when so many people like you and me get together, we can work our own things out, and won't need any corporate just capitalizing on the resources.

to put all speculations on hold, I had registered through my office and received a mail from teach india in kolkata...

fyi..a portion of the transcript...

]

I have edited some portion of the transcript, specifically the contact number. PM me if you'd want it.

Would like to put forward my experience till now:

Got registered with Teach India (for gurgaon) ; got a SMS from them giving me name and contact info of the NGO, tried the no : It was not Working !!!

So, mailed them back explaining the scenario, got a call from Teach India giving new no and name of person to contact. Called them , the req. person wasn't available but have been told to come on Saturday for an Interview.
Quite Excited !!!:bigear:

Would like to put forward my experience till now:

Got registered with Teach India (for gurgaon) ; got a SMS from them giving me name and contact info of the NGO, tried the no : It was not Working !!!

So, mailed them back explaining the scenario, got a call from Teach India giving new no and name of person to contact. Called them , the req. person wasn't available but have been told to come on Saturday for an Interview.
Quite Excited !!!:bigear:

Hey..
I had registered for the same but havent recd any feedback from their side.It would be great if you could pm me the mobile no. or email id. of concerned person who had contacted you

Tia