TCS Recruitment : Jobs, Salary, Interview Questions

Join the Discussion on TCS Careers and Get all latest updates on TCS Recruitment, TCS Jobs, TCS Salary and TCS Interview Questions from our Jobs and Careers Section

Hi All,

Could some one help me in understanding how the designations are defined in TCS and how long it takes to move from one level to the next (especially from ITA to Assistant Consultant) also how much salary can someone with 5 years of experience expect in TCS?

Also can some one provide the same information for Infosys/Wipro.

Hi All,

Could some one help me in understanding how the designations are defined in TCS and how long it takes to move from one level to the next (especially from ITA to Assistant Consultant) also how much salary can someone with 5 years of experience expect in TCS?

i believe designations are defined in all software companies as SE(Software Engineer), PA (Program Analyst), PM and so on. i dont think it will be different in TCS or Wipro or Infy.

also, promotions generally take anywhere between 2.5 to 4 years between roles, so it should take an SE around 6-7 years to become a project manager.

Bharath

no in TCS the designations are like Assistant System Engineer, IT analyst, Assistant Consultant, Associate Consultant.... just wanted to know how long it takes between these designations and what is the salary variance

Hi All,

It normally takes between 3 or 4 years between designations, unless you are an extremely high performer or you and your PM are booze buddies . Truth be told , nobody cares to give you a promotion unless you fight for it .

P.S : I don't hate TCS as much as you think i do
inddutt Says
no in TCS the designations are like Assistant System Engineer, IT analyst, Assistant Consultant, Associate Consultant.... just wanted to know how long it takes between these designations and what is the salary variance

whatever the names be buddy.
either an SE, PA, PM or System engineer, Project lead and Project manager or even as u have said an IT consultant, Assistant and associate consultant, they are are the same hierarchy. Level 1 codes, Level 2 analyzes and Level 3 estimates.

in the companies like TCS, Wipro and Infy, the salary for a PM is around 8-10 Lakh PA. i am not the authority on this, so don't hold me for any wrong data. the time duration between designation is 2.5 - 4 years

Bharath

Well 8-10 lakhs for PM. Sounds good!

How about System engineer? Analysit? etc.

Thanks.

Well 8-10 lakhs for PM. Sounds good!

How about System engineer? Analysit? etc.

Thanks.

systems engineer' pay is slightly on the lower side. about 3-4 LPA. A system analyst would get about 5-6 LPA. infact these pays are what makes ppl complain that the top 3 IT service companies of India have pathetic salaries

Bharath

What about some who has 5.5 years experience and is joining as a Business Analyst (ITA). Firstly is ITA the correct designation and secondly what pay package can be expected TCS/Infy/Wipro.

Inddutt,

I am joining TCS by Feb in Bangalore as a Business Analyst (ITA). My Package is 6.25Lacs

Regards

Sri

Inddutt,

I am joining TCS by Feb in Bangalore as a Business Analyst (ITA). My Package is 6.25Lacs

Regards

Sri

Hi Sri!

You really could be of some help to me in deciding. How many years of experience do you have and in which field?

Regards,

Inddutt

Hello Inddutt

I have a overall experience of five and half years in Banking Industry.Am working with i-flex for the past one year. Since i did my Post Graduation TCS has deducted 6 months of my experience. So they have considered five yrs of my experience.

Regards

Sri

Hi,

Your profile sounds similar to my friend Balraj Harsha who has been working for Iflex for the past one year. Do you know him by any chance?

Dude are you joining the Capital Markets Practice?

You said you did post graduation and they deducted 6 months. As far as I know they deduct one year for those with BSc/BCom/BBM. I am guessing you have a masters so why did they deduct even six months?

Also, what do you think is better in TCS as compared to Iflex?

Regards,
Inddutt

hey

I have not heard about your friend. I am Joining for Trade Finance. Well i don't c much difference between TCS and i-flex except for the bigger brand in TCS.

Regards

Sri

Great, possibly we will be knowing each other soon. Will you be in the L Centre building?

Regards,
ID

They deducted 6 months because i did my P.G by Distance Education.

I would be in ITPL.

Did you try negotiating your salary or designation? Who was the HR rep for you?

I am a bit confused whether we should be considered as ITA or AST....

Actually paywise they readily accepted what i asked. But on the designation, I too have some reservations. I presume you are referrring to Assistant Consultant when you say AST. My hr is Anitha. I had send her a mail asking this. She told me that she would call me for this. but has not called me yet.

Sri

Yes Assistant Consultant. I asked my HR.. he said 0-4 years Asst Sys Analyst, 4-7 yrs ITA,7-9 yrs AST, 9+ ASC (Associate Consultant). How can we verify this?