TCS (mumbai) or KANBAY( Now CAPGEMINI) Pune

Hey guys, I am opening this thread again after ermm 8 months ! Well even I got some questions ( duhh ). For me situation is kinda wierd. Currently am working with COGNIZANT ( yeah yeah, even i crib a lot bout it ). I planned to quit and with some…

Hey guys, I am opening this thread again after ermm 8 months ! Well even I got some questions ( duhh ). For me situation is kinda wierd. Currently am working with COGNIZANT ( yeah yeah,, even i crib a lot bout it ). I planned to quit and with some itsy bitsy things, got offers from TCS and KANBAY. Offer from TCS is cool but from KANBAY even cooler. Obviously the choice to join was TCS (see factors below). But I got a jolt yesterday sayin that CAPGEMINI has taken over KANBAY. So I have 2 offers now TCS and CAPGEMINI. Yet to join one of them and yes my offer with kanbay/cap holds good.

Now the question is WHICH ONE TO GO FOR..
Factors :
+ I am in pune and so is KANBAY/CAPS
+ I love it here. KANBAY/CAPS paying more.
- NO ONSITE ( very less) but this is what i want to be confirmed about. onsite in Data Warehousing(DW) in Cap Gemini.

- TCS is in MUMBAI (dont like busy life of mumbai)
- TCS paying less (not much less .. 60 K difference)
+ TCS has ONSITE
+ TCS has great projects in DW

Now the thing is, what I think. CG /kanbay is yet to start their things in DW and that would make me one of the beginners in CG. ( bleah ??? )

TCS, already a DW Don, has plenty of DEVELOPMENT projects ( atleast thaz what the HR told me). and thank god no INDIAN firm is in Data Warehousing. So no DESI project.

Confusing ehh ? yeap thaz what I am here for ! more confusions.. !

Any CG or TCS ( or both ) guy here ?? HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP...................

So what say guys, TCS or CG?

Snip ur email ID please. Against the rules of the forum.

All the best for your next job

yeah yeah .. thaz what i did in the other thread :-s .. made 2 ..

Hey guys, I am opening this thread again after ermm 8 months ! Well even I got some questions ( duhh ). For me situation is kinda wierd. Currently am working with COGNIZANT ( yeah yeah,, even i crib a lot bout it ). I planned to quit and with some itsy bitsy things, got offers from TCS and KANBAY. Offer from TCS is cool but from KANBAY even cooler. Obviously the choice to join was TCS (see factors below). But I got a jolt yesterday sayin that CAPGEMINI has taken over KANBAY. So I have 2 offers now TCS and CAPGEMINI. Yet to join one of them and yes my offer with kanbay/cap holds good.

Factors :
- NO ONSITE ( very less) but this is what i want to be confirmed about. onsite in Data Warehousing(DW) in Cap Gemini.

+ TCS has ONSITE

Now the thing is, what I think. CG /kanbay is yet to start their things in DW and that would make me one of the beginners in CG. ( bleah ??? )

TCS, already a DW Don, has plenty of DEVELOPMENT projects ( atleast thaz what the HR told me). and thank god no INDIAN firm is in Data Warehousing. So no DESI project.

I am working in a DataWarehouse project in TCS Mum.
I guess it should be very simple for you to decide..if money is ur priority go for Kanbay(Mum is any day expensive thn Pune)
If career in DW then go for TCS...ther r lots of good projects...very good onsite opportunity if you are a DataWarehouse Analyst. It also depends on what kind of DW tools you are having expertise.

Thanks Super !
that really was helpful. I would like to know something more about TCS (DW). My expertise is in Informatica. Have done some reporting on Cognos too. I have been selected for GE project, development, GE Building, Borivli. They told me in advance. I would like to know more about Onsite in DW. I am not an Analyst. am just 14 months old guy in IT. You think I'll go onsite in 2 years from TCS? And One more thing, What is average annual increment in TCS. Is there any normalization after 6 months of job?
and ofcourse, Career is my first option.

m in same dilemma now...anyone here ??????http://cdn.pagalguy.net/pagalguy/smilies/cry.gif

Capgemini is better than TCS in a way that the amount of learning, designations, Salary are good for Capgemini when compared with TCS.

P.S: I don't work for either of them.

vip413461 Says
m in same dilemma now...anyone here ??????http://cdn.pagalguy.net/pagalguy/smilies/cry.gif

Please have a look at the date on which the last post was made....it happened 4 years ago....do not dig up old threads

@ ten_lrt
thanks a lot dude :))

HI,

I am a Chartered Accountant and i am Working in TCS into Oracle ERP. I have also got an offer from a Pharma company into Finance Role.

What shall be a better role for me as i have been always of the opinion that Accounts and Finance are not so much of Revenue Generating activities for a Company.

But in a Career in ERP , you shall have to travel almost throughout your life , cos if you are not on an Onsite Project then the Earning aspect is not that attractive.

request you to please guide me about the Pros and Cons of the same. You can mail me at [email protected]

Thanks and Regards

Factors :

+ TCS has ONSITE

Join Capgemini. Work culture matters a lot. Work Culture in Capgemini is much much better than TCS'. It's true that onsite opportunity in TCS is more, but consider the total strength of TCS too. It's more than 2 Lacs, so not not everyone gets to go onsite...even if u go onsite u'll work like a labour over there or else u'll have to be a good boot licker...trust me onsite will turn into a hell in few months...also TCS has one of the worst appraisal process among many companies...They don't hesitate to give u a poor rating if the project doesn't need u despite the hard work u have done...There are not many projects in Mumbai TCS which will give u work satisfaction. TCS is a company to join when u have 10+ yrs of work ex and when u don't want to work much and enjoy the salary...