Target GMAT Aug,2009

Friends, lets give a dedicated hardship for next 3 months so that we land up somewhere good. All the best!

Friends, lets give a dedicated hardship for next 3 months so that we land up somewhere good.

All the best!

My pain point is the sentence correction. I have practiced enough but still accuracy is 70%. What needs to be done to get it to 90%?
Please help me with some suggestions.

I am gonna give my GMAT for this first time this year. Lets see how things work out 😃

My pain point is the sentence correction. I have practiced enough but still accuracy is 70%. What needs to be done to get it to 90%?

Hi Vivek,

To increase accuracy you can try to get a solid foundation of the concepts involved. You need not know all of the English grammar but you should be well versed with the typical errors that are given in the GMAT. You can Solve the 12th Edition of OG and then KAPLAN premier edition and Kaplan 800. Keep practicising and slowly you will find that the accuracy is rising and the time taken is less. Do not blindly keep on solving questions but learn from every mistake you do.

All the best!!!!

Hi,
Thnaks for the suggestion.
Currently i am solving OG 11. It seems i am not satisfied with my performance.
I am good in quant and hope to score 49-51 in quant. How much should i get in verbal to have my Gmat score 700+ ?
Is there anything other than practice which we can do for RC and CR?

For Cr again you have to be GMAT specific and bulid on concepts. Generally 1 hour of reading (good works)everday will help you a lot. Time and comprehension is of the essence, and if you have time to put effort, try going through: "How to read faster" by norman and lewis...its a great book and will help you a lot for RC.

And as far as the score in Verbal goes....try to get as much as you can!!!:-)...simple...(above 40 would be good)....

i m also targetting end of aug'09.
sailing in the same boat. struggling like hell in verbal.

dude, it same at this end also... but i have come to a conclusion...
its all about practice in CR and RC but need a grammer study for SC..
Analysis is the main thing which needs to be done for each question if if you solve it correctly..

dude, it same at this end also... but i have come to a conclusion...
its all about practice in CR and RC but need a grammer study for SC..
Analysis is the main thing which needs to be done for each question if if you solve it correctly..

hi guys
this is ashvin here..
well discussin is going amazing....n well i must say advices abt sc and eng prep cant get better...

og, kaplan and manhattan..is THE answer for sc...

n of course online discussions

keep in touch..

n m also planning my gmat in aug

lets see..where we guys end up...

Lets start posting baffling problems here related to both verbal and quant so that it helps all of us..
We would also be posting some concepts related to SC and Quant which might look new and of good use..
This will enhance our skills beyond whats given in the books...

hi guys
this is ashvin here..
well discussin is going amazing....n well i must say advices abt sc and eng prep cant get better...

og, kaplan and manhattan..is THE answer for sc...

n of course online discussions

keep in touch..

n m also planning my gmat in aug

lets see..where we guys end up...

iss strategy ko lock kiya jaye !!!
Lets start posting baffling problems here related to both verbal and quant so that it helps all of us..
We would also be posting some concepts related to SC and Quant which might look new and of good use..
This will enhance our skills beyond whats given in the books...

Dear Vivek!!!

we have seperate threads for posting queries regarding Quant ( PS, DS ), Verbal ( SC, CR, RC).

Plz avoid posting abt them here.

Hi Dude,
Plz go through Manhattan SC`s slowly and than cover Kaplan`s Verbal Book and Practice their all SC section.
One can find things getting easy.

All the Best!

+1 for August '09
:cheerio:

I have booked my date for 27th Aug. I am also trying to improve on my verbal esp. the sc part.

hi guys,

even i am targeting to take the gmat in august and am glad to read the posts here...

to carry on the discussion in verbal, i think manhattan sentence correction with Og and Kaplan should be a good practice.

i had followed kaplan verbal workbook and it was a very good practice but i feel that manhattan SC has a little more to offer...whts ur say in this?

lets continue the discussion to keep us going and in geting a high score in august!

cheers
rajvedi

Hi All,

I also want to take GMAT this time, aiming for ISB only. Haven't started the preparations yet. Please share the following info:

1. What is the time line I should look at (for taking the test), if I want to apply for ISB this time itself? (is it too late)
2. Typically how much time and effort would it take for the preparation (considering I start today)
3. What are the strategies that people generally follow?
4. Resources for Quant, RC, SC, CR.
5. I learnt that there were 300 new questions added to GMAT this time around. How does that change the way we pursue the test.

All pointers appreciated. Thanks in Advance,
-Anekant

hello,

could u pls let me knw frm where did u gt the kaplan verbal work out. can u provide the link 4 the same.
also, i think that there should be some discussions abt the colleges that people are lookin to coz after august there is nt much time to look 4 colleges as the deadline 4 most of the US colleges is in oct.

amar_sinha Says
I have booked my date for 27th Aug. I am also trying to improve on my verbal esp. the sc part.

Hi Amar,

Me too is up for 27th August..
What have i done so far:

OG10, OG11 for SC...Have gone through the Manhattan SC and have improved the accuracy to 80%...still 10-15% work is required though..

Now looking over the suggestions, I plan to do Kaplan premier and 800 too..

then final 1000SC's...

I've around 85% accuracy in CR in OG-11, i heard that the OG-12 has changed the pattern a little bit, increasing the the boldface type of questions..

After OG, i'll start with 1000 CR's..(Is there any other source?)

RC-> This is the area where i am struggling, not sure why? Though i can skimm quickly and collect the facts in a passage but still, I'm getting them wrong and time management is bad as well...

DS -> OG (Seems easy) and other material...

AWA -> Yet to be touched!!

Please share your's too!!!!

Cheers,
Amit