TAPMI - Waitlist

Hello All I am waitlisted at TAPMI. Does anyone have an idea about my chances of admission? I am in my final yr BE and haven’t applied anywhere else as I didn’t go for any CAT coaching and I wasn’t expecting 97.78 percentile. I got thru…

Hello All

I am waitlisted at TAPMI. Does anyone have an idea about my chances of admission?

I am in my final yr BE and haven't applied anywhere else as I didn't go for any CAT coaching and I wasn't expecting 97.78 percentile. I got thru ICFAI, Hyd.

Hi

I am also waitlisted in Tapmi. This is the first time Tapmi have come out with a waitlist and hence one is not sure about exact position. One of the PGites have done a research and estimated that about 120-130 aspirants are waitlisted. As no order of merit is given in the waitlist it is difficult to predict. We have to wait until around 25th or so. All the best pal.

Karthik

Hello All

I am waitlisted at TAPMI. Does anyone have an idea about my chances of admission?

I am in my final yr BE and haven't applied anywhere else as I didn't go for any CAT coaching and I wasn't expecting 97.78 percentile. I got thru ICFAI, Hyd.

hi anvesh and rkdp!!

i have got tapmi and m undecided as i have other calls ..results expected...but already i know 4 guys who r not joining .... i feel there may be more...my best wishes with u.
cheers
dipso

Thanks dipso and thanks Karthik for the update. I'll wait with my fingers crossed until the end of this month and then decide. Meanwhile, I'll get my GATE score also in the next couple of days.

Hi pals

Called Tapmi Admissions office and tried to find out how many final calls were issued in the first list and how many are waitlisted and what is my order in the witlist. Though they were polite, they refused to reveal any of the above informtaion. They however informed that the second list is likely to be out by 24th. one more week of waiting for those we neeed the final call from Tapmi. All the best friends. Please share other information, if any, on the Tapmi waitlist and call acceptance scenario.

karthik

hey,
i have been called for final selection at TAPMI and i have paid up the fees too..
but the point is that i have 3 other calls viz NIRMA, NMIMS and IIML....
NIRMA im not taking neways, but if i get any of NM or IIML then ill def take it up .. so u may hope that there mebbe a few more like me who may forego their fees and take some other colleges.. so there mebbe more opportunities coming ur way in due course of time..
all the best to u all!!

hey,
i have been called for final selection at TAPMI and i have paid up the fees too..
but the point is that i have 3 other calls viz NIRMA, NMIMS and IIML....
NIRMA im not taking neways, but if i get any of NM or IIML then ill def take it up .. so u may hope that there mebbe a few more like me who may forego their fees and take some other colleges.. so there mebbe more opportunities coming ur way in due course of time..
all the best to u all!!

Hey,u r thinking of leaving nmims for tapmi ,i too in same category,need
some guidance which coll placement wise is better,
have u submitted 25,000 and r u planning to submit rest of the
fees.my xlri,ximb,and nmims results r remaining ,i too not
thinking of taking up gim,nirma,ubs.
Hey,u r thinking of leaving nmims for tapmi ,i too in same category,need
some guidance which coll placement wise is better,
have u submitted 25,000 and r u planning to submit rest of the
fees.my xlri,ximb,and nmims results r remaining ,i too not
thinking of taking up gim,nirma,ubs.

hey there,
i have done my engineering also from manipal(MIT) so know abt tapmi quite a bit..
yes, i have paid up the 25K sum already.. but will wait till las minute to pay the other installment...
as abt NMIMS.. as much as i know the placements ( with regards to salary) are better than TAPMI..
but the faculty and curriculum are gr8 at TAPMI compared to NM.. so take ur choice..
also quite a few magazines have rated NM a bit higher than TAPMI(although these are not to be believed!)
watever.. the decision will be taken at last minute.. in any case, who knows, mebbe ill HAVE TO take TAPMI, and i bet it is a VERY VERY good college in any case..
so ALL THE BEST to u all!!
hey there,
i have done my engineering also from manipal(MIT) so know abt tapmi quite a bit..
yes, i have paid up the 25K sum already.. but will wait till las minute to pay the other installment...
as abt NMIMS.. as much as i know the placements ( with regards to salary) are better than TAPMI..
but the faculty and curriculum are gr8 at TAPMI compared to NM.. so take ur choice..
also quite a few magazines have rated NM a bit higher than TAPMI(although these are not to be believed!)
watever.. the decision will be taken at last minute.. in any case, who knows, mebbe ill HAVE TO take TAPMI, and i bet it is a VERY VERY good college in any case..
so ALL THE BEST to u all!!

i am only interested in the placement ,so i guess nmims is a better choice,
but the real problem will b if i dont get into main list of ximb,xlri and nmims
and if in waiting list,i have to submit rest of fees i guess,i think i will then have to
be satisfied with tapmi only.

Hi Mates

Fellow PGite Scorpion who went to remit his fees for Tapmi today was kind enough to enquire about the waitlisted candidates. They seemed to have refused to divulge the information, but informed that the seond list will be ready in 2-3 days, maybe on 23rd or 24th. What else to do except wating with bated breath and keeping out fingers crossed? Wishing all the best to the waitlisted candidates. (that includes me too at Number XX!).

Karthik

Hi waitlisted guys

Had a telephonic conversation with Mr Simon George, the admissions co-ordinator, just now and enquired about the second list. He refused to confirm my status saying that he is not having the list with him yet. But he told that from tomorrow they will start sending e - mails to the candidates selected from the waitlist. Pals, then keep UR fingers crossed and keep visiting UR mailbox from tomorrow afternoon. Wishing all the best to the waitlisted canddiates including me! Please do share if you have any additional info on the second list.

kARTHIK

Hi waitlisted friends,

Has anybody got a confirmation email from the institute. It seems that they have taken out a few names tentatively but the final list is been delayed till April 5th.

Long wait

does any1 in waitlist got confirmation,and what is the final list

nithin Says
wat is this final list on april 5th thingy??? plz clarify.

Hi friends,

I guess I was a bit ambiguous. Let me clear the things.
I had given a call to Tapmi. Spoke with Prof Simon George. As usual he was not forthcoming with info initially. But after some coaxing he tactfully said that only 10 people fom the initial list have dropped out and so only 10 waitlisted people have been send emails.
Now the 2nd installement for the inital list has to be given by 5th April. So if and when, there are people who r not opting; they will take out the 2nd list.
When I asked for my chances.. he just said I was close but refused to say anything more.
That's all... So hope for the best.
And Congrats to those lucky 10.

Kundan

hi evryboddyyyyyy 😃 😃

i was also waitlisted @tapmi..and received an email from the admisiions office yest night!!!!

cudnt believe my eyes!!!!!

they sent the acceptance letter..fees payment letter and other documents as an attachment...iam required to pay rs.25000 before march 30th.... 😐

newayz....i was really happy to see tha mail.... :grin: :grin:

has anyone else received mails from the admissions office???

alllda best to all of u!!!!! 😃

cheeersand regards!!!!

sushma

Hi Sushma Congrats for having got selected from the waitlist. I am not lucky so far and will have to wait until APril 7th or 8th to know my chances. Congrats for otl those 10 who converted their calls from the waitlist.

Mac...I am sorry to learn that you are not in the second list, but happy to learn that you are close. You have every chance to be cleared on April 7th or 8th. All the best to you. I am not sure whether I am close or far! Leave it to Mr Simon George and the Person up there.

Karthik

hi evryboddyyyyyy 😃 😃

i was also waitlisted @tapmi..and received an email from the admisiions office yest night!!!!

cudnt believe my eyes!!!!!
sushma

hey sush!!!!

congrats !!! after that horror-story type of PI you must be one happy gal!

enjoy maadi!

congratulations again...:) good goin' ! 😃

Payne

Hi guys... any idea abt the waitlist??

Coolnut Says
Hi guys... any idea abt the waitlist??

hi coolnut
i called tapmi up today after long wait overthe phone a lady answered
she said that the chairman of admission's i.e simon george was out of town
and is expected back tomorrow and asked me to call up after that only that is on friday to enquire
she was not at all forthcoming on any i\other of my queries and repeated
the same thing
any idea what are the chances of converting
as this is my last hope and am waiting anxiously for it
otherwise its cat 2005