TAPMI Queries

Hi guys. Wondered if I could be of any help to you guys appearing for CAT this year. I happen to have gone through the complete ringamrole and had a tough time trying to figure out the real situation at the different non IIM institutes.

Hi guys.
Wondered if I could be of any help to you guys appearing for CAT this year.
I happen to have gone through the complete ringamrole and had a tough time trying to figure out the real situation at the different non IIM institutes.
I'm currently a first year student at TAPMI, so in case you guys need any first hand information about TAPMI as an institute; you can ask here.

The floor is open!!

TAPMI rocks!! :smilecol:

Information from TAPMI site:
http://www.tapmi.org/pages/admission.htm

Admissions Eligibility and Process

A three-year (10+2+3) University Degree in any discipline, recognised by the AIU as eligible for Post Graduation, with not less than 50% overall aggregate marks. This applies to also those with professional qualifications like Chartered Accountancy, Cost Accounting and Company Secretary. Candidates appearing for final year degree examination in 2006 may also apply.

Based on scores in CAT / GMAT candidates will be short-listed and invited to participate in the subsequent TAPMI Admissions Process (GD/PI) to be held at Delhi, Kolkata, Banglore and Manipal. CAT is used only for short-listing. IIM has no role in the selection process or conduct of the PGDM programme

Final Selection will be based on performance in theTAPMI Admissions Process.

APPLICATION FORM
The TAPMI Handbook of Information for Admissions 2006 containing the Application Form can be obtained on payment of Rs. 1000/- from the following sources:
a. Select branches of
SBI (where CAT Forms are sold) and ICICI Bank
b. The Admissions Office of TAPMI in Manipal (Phone: 0820 257 1359)
c. The TAPMI Centre for Executive Education in Bangalore
(Phone: 080 51501900 /1901 /1902)
d. Applications may also be completed and submitted online at
www.tapmi.org

hi
i am amit jhawar
can u tell me the lowest, highest, average placement in the TAPMI

Information from TAPMI site:
http://www.tapmi.org/pages/admission.htm
Admissions Eligibility and Process

A three-year (10+2+3) University Degree in any discipline, recognised by the AIU as eligible for Post Graduation, with not less than 50% overall aggregate marks. This applies to also those with professional qualifications like Chartered Accountancy, Cost Accounting and Company Secretary. Candidates appearing for final year degree examination in 2006 may also apply.

Based on scores in CAT / GMAT candidates will be short-listed and invited to participate in the subsequent TAPMI Admissions Process (GD/PI) to be held at Delhi, Kolkata, Banglore and Manipal. CAT is used only for short-listing. IIM has no role in the selection process or conduct of the PGDM programme

Final Selection will be based on performance in theTAPMI Admissions Process.

APPLICATION FORM
The TAPMI Handbook of Information for Admissions 2006 containing the Application Form can be obtained on payment of Rs. 1000/- from the following sources:
a. Select branches of
SBI (where CAT Forms are sold) and ICICI Bank
b. The Admissions Office of TAPMI in Manipal (Phone: 0820 257 1359)
c. The TAPMI Centre for Executive Education in Bangalore
(Phone: 080 51501900 /1901 /1902)
d. Applications may also be completed and submitted online at
www.tapmi.org
hi
i am amit jhawar
can u tell me the lowest, highest, average placement in the TAPMI

hi
could you tell me what is the general cut off for tapmi. i have already taken 3 cats with an average of 86 percentile. would you recommend investing in tapmi?

Hi Amit and Vinod,
Let me clear your queries....
Amit, its amusing that you want to know about placements even before you have applied leave alone entered the institute.... believe me, even I dont think about placements right now....

I think it should suffice to know that TAPMI, being in the top league of B-Schools, has the best compensation packages u can dream of... next only to the IIMs.

The compensation packages vary, the lateral placement offers go really high (Lakhs per annum) whereas the lowest can be very modest... it is very relative.
The good news is that TAPMI placements have been jumping with leaps and bounds and the quality, quantity and compensation have increased unbelievably... and there is no reason why the trend will not continue. Last time we couldnt have a Placement "Week", because on the very first day of our Placement "Week", all our students had been placed.

Vinod, I think TAPMI is a good bet for you. But please know that TAPMI also has other criteria like Job experience, performance in the interview etc... pleas keep this in mind... what i say is my personal opinion.... we have ppl with 99 percentile and with 86 percentile.. i think TAPMI is a good investment for you if you think you are smart and a prospective "wealth creator"!!

Hope I have solved your queries....

Hi,
THat was quick. really apprecite this help. I am currently working as an mis analyst with godrej upstream ltd ( a BPO ) since the last 1.5 yrs. Ofcourse have a great flair and the knack for making big bucks. its just that at this point of time my pockets are a bit shallow. so was just wondering which all institues to apply to. hey could you give me a bit more details on tapmi admission process like how are the gd's and pi's. what are the apects that they concentrate on or the areas that i should be careful about. also would appreciate it if you could let me know as to what was the lowest percentile that tapmi took in.

Again appreciate your help

regards

Vinod