TAPMI GD/PI Experiences 2007

Well TAPMI GD/PI is about to start soon … so i thought why not we help each other out by posting our experiences … Cheers

Well TAPMI GD/PI is about to start soon .... so i thought why not we help each other out by posting our experiences .....

Cheers

Hi,

sdfagsagdsfgfdgdf

hi,

people who have been selected for thegd/pi please log in and register in this link. It will help us in identifying our peers in the gd/pi process
http://www.pagalguy.com/index.php?categoryid=88

thanks and regards

ven_cat

Well some previous years TAPMI experience(2004 i think)
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/gd-pi-at-tapmi-25002896

HI,
i have GD PI call from TAPMI on 1st March.

I have come to know that process includes the following

1. GD (Case study) mostly business related
2. POV(point of view) and summary based on GD.
3. extempore (topics like, 1 who do you think is a better actress, keerena, aishwariya, rani) generic topics with lots of POV.
4. written assesment test (Psycometric test)
5. Panel interview.
6. Stress interview, The Directors cut (this is where they screw you).

please correct me if i am wrong.
please mention any other topics in extempore,GD
please mention about the stress interview, psycometric test.

please mention about what TAPMI seeks in its batch of 2007-2009?

please mention any tips to overcome this difficult selection process?

I must mention TAPMI digs on values, hardwork, dedication discipline so is it safe to assume that the selection process will be all hardwork, nerves of steel and the panel will like to screw you at a drop of a hat.

so one needs to do his/her homework pretty good.

specially SWOT analysis and self learning and how to answer tough questions.

please comment on my analysis?

I am having my GD/PI on 26 of feb but i am reaching bangalore on 25 of feb in morning how do i reach there if i dont want to take flight are there any buses in the day timeee plz reply soon

yes there are daytime busses in the mornings from majestic bustand near bangalore city railway station to Udupi.

in case u cant make it to udupi look for busses to mangalore and then mangalore to udupi is 70Km

By the way Udupi is the major town close to manipal less than 5Kms from TAPMI.

Its surprising noone has posted their experience yet !! Mayb some senior can post whats happening at TAPMI ..... plz help the others....

hi guys , finally reached manipal and had my gd/pi.

just wanna tell you guys who are travelling via goa. If you are coming by air, take a taxi to Madgaon from airport. From there take a train. trains are there to udupi from there at 13.20, 19.25 and 00.10. Dont try taking a bus. Train journey is at max 6 hours, while the bus journey is at min 8.5 hours. and buses are there only at night.

Also note that there is a very bad frequency of buses in the evening around 5 for buses from panjim to udupi. actually there is no bus. pm me for more details. will give my experiences as soon as possible.

bye

ven_cat

hi guys , finally reached manipal and had my gd/pi.

just wanna tell you guys who are travelling via goa. If you are coming by air, take a taxi to Madgaon from airport. From there take a train. trains are there to udupi from there at 13.20, 19.25 and 00.10. Dont try taking a bus. Train journey is at max 6 hours, while the bus journey is at min 8.5 hours. and buses are there only at night.

Also note that there is a very bad frequency of buses in the evening around 5 for buses from panjim to udupi. actually there is no bus. pm me for more details. will give my experiences as soon as possible.

bye

ven_cat

Thanks for the info!

But how was the GD/PI?
What was the process? How imp is that reference letter?

Previous Links:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/tapmi-2005-gd-pi-experience-25006880
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/gd-pi-at-tapmi-25002896

pls ven_cat .. tell us something about the GD/PI

Hello friends..
this link started with a view to share the GD/PI experiences even b4 the actual process started.
Fine ! it was a welcome effort Un fortunately, the thread is digressing from the main purpose.
Til now, no one posted his/her actual/last yrs experiences...
Pls post them & make the thread a useful one.

hi i am from studying in final year b pharm in mnaipal and had my gd/pi today on 26th, directors interview is tomorrow..
my best part of the process was interview in which i put a lot of pressure on the panel:)
anyways gd was a small fish market, obvious with 22guys howling...topic was mercy killing be legalised in india?
then extempore, they all were abstract topic with practical implementation, i had venegeance has no firesight, i spoke on us-iraq, cold war, kashmir issue etc...
before extempore we had to summarise the gd..
the best part was interview, my interview was in the afternoon and 4 in serial no...
everybody coming out was looking screwed up, saying the panel were harsh and crazy, one of them was asked to define sex etc....
anyways i entered..
3 guys... 2 young guys , one at left side other at right side, one middle aged french beard skeptical guy sitting in middle...

me: good afternoon all

right side guy: so u are studying pharmacy in manipal, must hae visited tapmi many times
me: nope: i visited once just to buy and submit my form:)

right side guy: still u must ahve seen all the festa etc of tapmi as ur hostel is damn near..
me: yeah i attended one rock show, as i heard somebody shouting and music on..

right side guy: so how was it, do u understand rock..
me: there were only 4 bands, one performing and rest clapping, then the next band performing and the others clapping, we were the only handful audience, there was no body else..

right side guy: if u dont like rock why id u go theer
me: to see the crowd:)

left side guy: so u like bird watching...
me: yes sir i like bird watching and hunting too:)..excpet the middle guy all laughing..

middle guy: u look so mart in formal but in ur pic u look like a terrorist with t- shirt, middle partition and small beard..
me: this is my professionla look and i keep changing my looks and i told him that i went to get snaps for passport, the photographer gave me 32 pics and told i wont get visa or passport so i dint want to waste those pics so i used it in cat form ur form etc..( again both other guys laughing but the middle guy got serious..

middle guy: why did u get those pics in the first place, u wont get any placements if u put ur this pic in resume.
me: if people start giving jobs based on pics then all models with well groomed pics would have bagged the highest placements, moreover sir that was my first official pic so i didnt know and i learn from my mistakes and i wont use those pics again and as a matter of fact i have used all those 32 pics and the new pics i have is in formal so no point of any further mistake.:) this time the other 2 guys laughed loudly but the middle guy got depressed and vexed :)

middle guy: why tapmi why dont u do m pharm in marketing in ur college?
me: as per my ability and interest i want to get into administration and its always better to do from proper b school... and regarding tapmi i said i dont count my chickens before they hatch and keep my options opened so tapmi is just one of the college on my radar..

right side guy: what all calls have u got?
me: iift, sibm nmims, imt, nirma and.....
left side guy: and what?
me: and one more, hmmm...
middle guy : TAPMI!!!
me: yes right sir:) this ansewr got them into deep stress:)

middle guy: u have written watching sun rise and sun set in one of ur hobbies?
me: yes sir, our exams are back to back so to get relieved i wtach sunrise and sunset , moreover both of them are symbols of optimism and i explained some more.
left side guy: in tapmi u will see sunrise from hostel as u ll be studying whole night and sunset from classroom!! and u wont egt time for long bike tours..
me: nope, when i came to manipal even my seniors said the same as u wont get time, but i have enough time, i enjoyed my graduationa nd i ll enjoy my mba stay too and also life after that and siad the one who complains about time is the one who doesnt kow time management..( all smiling)

middle guy : why mba after b pharm..
me: as i wanted to do mba after 12th class and i was not eligible so i had to graduation and my dad refused to pay for my b,com etc and he said u have to do professional course, so me poor guy decided, i wont do what my dad did( my dad is mech engineer) and wont follow convenntional wisdom ao i did b pharm.

middle guy: it seems u dont respect ur dad, why didnt u listen to him..
me: i respect him a lot but i have my own identity but its nowher written everybody has to do what his dad did else today the prime minister would have been ashokas great great great grandsons and we all would have been eithers farmers or hunting in wild..( both the guys said great but the middle guy was pissed off but my stupid answers..

then for next 10 mins they grilled on my academics and i answered all of them very well citing examples..
then i was told to leave..

tomorrow i have directors interview, but tomorrow i ll be serious;) lolz..
anyways best of luck to all... if they give me good marks for not contributing much in fish market tehn i might get selected or might be the middle guy would make sure i dont get a seat, anyways it hardly matters to me...
enjoy and best of luck to all...

I got my GD tomorrow

Went to Tapmi today
They have 1 GDtopic a day. Today's was euthanasia for all panels.

And the interview is stressful.

I any body could tell me ...howz the psychometric test
n wat r the weightages given to this rounds separately

Hi,
Could anyone let me know if the whole process would get over in 1 day as I have another interview the next day in Bangalore. Or can we request for leaving a day gap in between if at all it gets extended to the next day.

Thanks.

hello frenz i am leaving for manipal in the mornin at 11 just wanted to confirm somethin i have taken a bonafide certicate from my principal will tht do as the refrence letter???please help me am in a real fix!!!!!!

hi guys,

had my gd and pi yesterday. First we were taken to the auditorium where a person explained the process. In front of the auditorium there were computers kept where when u enter your tapmi registration number then you get the gd/pi panel. Great work it was by tapmi people.

Then we went into the GD. Lot of absentees so 22 was reduced to 16. Topic was "should mercy killing be legalised in india". Thought there would not be a fish market, but it proved to be a fish market again. Lot of shouting and cross talk. Actually at one stage the group was split into 2. At the end of it there was a GD summary given. Could not complete it. Guys. please write fast to complete it. they want 200 to 250 words in the simmary. After that an extempore where the next person takes the chit only when the previous person starts talking.

All the topics are pretty vague. The topic given to me was , "People dont make impressions in the sands of time by waiting" . actually 2 topics are present. u can choose one of them.

Then after a long wait, had my PI. PI went well with the work ex part.

here is a short summary

Panel was actually 2 middle aged men. The third , (young one) was late. So he was not present for my pi.
Me: good afternoon sir, may i come in.
Panel: come in
I Gave a hand for shaking, panel said, sit down without shaking. (first googly)

Then they asked about work. My self and my background.

Panel2: Since you are happy with company, u join MBA.
Me: told that i want to see the big picture.
Panel2: what is deficit financing?
Me: answer about government bonds. the guy said it is wrong.
Panel1: Started off with mechanical engg basics:
What is newton third law of motion.
Me: answered it.
Panel1: what is second law of thermodynamics
Me: sorry no idea
Panel1: Then what is entropy.
Me: answered.
Panel1: explain Carnot Engine.
Me: No idea sir.
Panel1: you are very poor in mech engg. Forgot?
Me: i was interested in manufacturing.
Panel1: What is JIT?
Me : told.
Panel1: Processes in JIT?
ME: told vaguely about kanban, kaizen.
Panel1: What is process capability?
Me: Told.
Panel1: How is it measured?
Me : No idea sir.
Panel1: Well u can leave.
Me: Thank you sir.

Entire process was for 15 min.
There was a pschometry test before the directors interview. Topic "Where do u see urself 5 years from now"
Then the directors interview was for 3 min. Director and 2 other people in the room. Director was always smiling. Told something about my company. How it is god and etc etc.

Then he asked my other calls. Told them. Asked which i wud take. Told them i wud take a call.
that was it , finished. Directors interview.

Asked about the results. They said it will be in second week of march. All the best everyone.

there was no psycho test.......no weightages has been disclosed only thing was told that everything has some wghtage
thre is no elimination at any round