Tanaka Business School, IMPERIAL COLLEGE LONDON 08/09

Hello, I received an offer to pursue my MBA at Tanaka Business school for 08/09 programme. Is anyone joining me? I also received offers from CASS business school and Lancaster. However, I chose Tanaka because of its concentrations on sci…

Hello,

I received an offer to pursue my MBA at Tanaka Business school for 08/09 programme. Is anyone joining me?

I also received offers from CASS business school and Lancaster. However, I chose Tanaka because of its concentrations on science and technology that fit with my I.T career.

Kind regards,
Prashant

Congratualtions for getting into Imperial. I am currently taking the MBA 07/08, and even though it is tough, I have learnt a huge amount and worked with some cool technology and design ideas.

You will enjoy London and all that it offers, if you need tips for when you start let me know.

Cheers,
V

Hi Prashant,

I have received the admission offer from Tanaka Business school for its 08-09 FT MBA. Till now I have applied only to Tanaka and UCLA Anderson but have yet to hear from the anderson. I chose to apply to Tanaka because of its strength in Entrepreneurship. I am still undecided about whether to accept the offer or not. Do you know any Tanaka alumni in India who could throw some more light on the program.

Warm regards,
Sumit

Thank you so much Vic_UK.
I am delighted to have hospitable people like you around.
May I have your personal email id?
I have many questions for you .

Thanks and regards,
Prashant

Hi Prashant,

I have received the admission offer from Tanaka Business school for its 08-09 FT MBA. Till now I have applied only to Tanaka and UCLA Anderson but have yet to hear from the anderson. I chose to apply to Tanaka because of its strength in Entrepreneurship. I am still undecided about whether to accept the offer or not. Do you know any Tanaka alumni in India who could throw some more light on the program.

Warm regards,
Sumit

Hi Sumit.

Can you tell me about your previous work experience and career interests?
I have done a substantial amount of research on tanaka and other schools.
I can through some light on tanaka business school's fit with your career aspirations.

Kind regards,
Prashant

Dear Vic_UK,

Please share with us about your journey till now at Imperial and also about Imperial Faculty, Career Service, facilities etc.

regards,
Sumit

Congratualtions for getting into Imperial. I am currently taking the MBA 07/08, and even though it is tough, I have learnt a huge amount and worked with some cool technology and design ideas.

You will enjoy London and all that it offers, if you need tips for when you start let me know.

Cheers,
V

Hi,

Its so appreciable to see Tanaka students coming in handy, my major concern is how good are the placements after Tanaka MBA if I want to remain in IT only, also what about the current issue of HSMP and work visa.

Please throw light on current placement scenario and how many international students are actually able ot stay back

Hi Vic!!great to see alums helping out us applicants.

I have a few questions regarding the career prosects after imperial.

I presently work in consulting(3 yrs WE) and plan to either continue in Consulting or shift to finance in case the opportunity arises..
Pls apprise me of the opportunites available to pursue these career options after Imperial College and how is a tanaka-MBA viewed in the Ibanking Industry?

Thanks and your inputs will be really helpful

Hi Vic!!great to see alums helping out us applicants.

I have a few questions regarding the career prosects after imperial.

I presently work in consulting(3 yrs WE) and plan to either continue in Consulting or shift to finance in case the opportunity arises..
Pls apprise me of the opportunites available to pursue these career options after Imperial College and how is a tanaka-MBA viewed in the Ibanking Industry?

Thanks and your inputs will be really helpful

Hi Jim,

If you want to move into Ibanking Industry CASS is the best. I have received offers from both CASS and Tanaka. I am advising you after doing a substantial amount of research on both the schools.

Kind regards,
Prashant

It really depends where you want to work - If you want to set-up your own internet bank then you need innovation and entrepreurship skills - which is great a imperial.

If you want to work for a large bank then Cass may suit you, I would visit both schools, or talk to both schools - they will be able to put you in contact with people from your areas of interest. Remember to complete your own research!

I would note that at tanaka I worked on an innOvation project with a major uk bank - In the future will not work in the financial service sector, but It was a great learning experience that I can apply to other industries.

I'm not sure about the work permit situation, but during the year there are courses that help you assess the job area in which you could work.
If you want to work in the UK after the MBA it will depend on the area you want to work in and the work you want to do. In most high paid jobs you need to be internationally mobile anyway!
The IT industry is huge, you could work in consulting or for a major IT provider or even a IT manufacturer - I would contact the Tanaka careers team, they will be able to put you in contact with people who work in the sectors you want to work in post MBA.

Cheers,
Vic
It really depends where you want to work - If you want to set-up your own internet bank then you need innovation and entrepreurship skills - which is great a imperial.

If you want to work for a large bank then Cass may suit you, I would visit both schools, or talk to both schools - they will be able to put you in contact with people from your areas of interest. Remember to complete your own research!

I would note that at tanaka I worked on an innOvation project with a major uk bank - In the future will not work in the financial service sector, but It was a great learning experience that I can apply to other industries.

hey vic!thx for replying...I tried contacting tanaka few days ago for contacts but got no reply till date..so need a few contacts(indians/Asians/Expats) at Tanaka of ppl pursuing finance..
I'm not sure about the work permit situation, but during the year there are courses that help you assess the job area in which you could work.
If you want to work in the UK after the MBA it will depend on the area you want to work in and the work you want to do. In most high paid jobs you need to be internationally mobile anyway!
The IT industry is huge, you could work in consulting or for a major IT provider or even a IT manufacturer - I would contact the Tanaka careers team, they will be able to put you in contact with people who work in the sectors you want to work in post MBA.

Cheers,
Vic

Hi All,

Nice to see this thread, congrats Prashant..i couldnt find your interview experience at Imperial could you please throw some points.

I am in UK working on HSMP targetting Imperial in 08, chosing this college as thery are great with enterprenuership and very close to my london home.

About work permit mentioned above, it is true that is cancelled for MBA now on

There are a few differences between the current HSMP and the new Tier 1 General Highly Skilled Migrants sub-category. The MBA provision will be removed, which allows migrants who graduated with an MBA from select top universities to automatically score enough points to qualify under the current HSMP rules.

Postive side for this change is , you will be provided 2 years after MBA untill then UK embassy expects you to have found a suitable employer ...or i think getting GHM would be easy later . UK Immigration - Tier 1 - Post-Study Work - Graduate Students

For more information read the workpermit.com site or official UK visa site http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/hsmp/

If you need any more information let me know 😃
Hello,

I received an offer to pursue my MBA at Tanaka Business school for 08/09 programme. Is anyone joining me?

I also received offers from CASS business school and Lancaster. However, I chose Tanaka because of its concentrations on science and technology that fit with my I.T career.

Kind regards,
Prashant

Hi Prashant..
congrats for ur offer.

I have my telephonic interview lined up with Tanaka business school next week.
Could you please share your interview exp with me as i'm really tensed?

Thanks

Got an admit from Tanaka

Great news , congrats

Can you share your interview experience and your profile please

Thanks! :)
Here'z my profile: 4 yrs in R&D; at product majors, gmat - 690, strong acads and extra-curriculars
Shall send u a pm to share my intw. experience.
-mbaapp08

Anybody from Bangalore planning to head to Imperial this year?

mbaapp08 Says
Anybody from Bangalore planning to head to Imperial this year?

Hey,

What other you had, just wanted to know what made you choose Tanaka over others. Did you applied to Cass.