TAMU + GaTech MBA Fall 2007

Didn’t find any thread for these schools. So opening one. Anyone gone through Gatech or TAMU interview process please share your experiences. As for me. Just submitted TAMU application. Now waiting for interview call and invited for GaTech i…

Didn't find any thread for these schools. So opening one. Anyone gone through Gatech or TAMU interview process please share your experiences.

As for me. Just submitted TAMU application. Now waiting for interview call and invited for GaTech interview.

If anyone had there goergia tech interview conducted please share the experience.

=> Who was the interviewer ? ( Adcom, Faculty, Student, Alumni)
=> How long did the interview last ?
=> How was the interview conducted ( Did u call or did they call up for the telephonic interview) ?
=> Any different questions ( except why mba, why this school , goals , achievements ) ?

Did you get an interview call for TAMU. I have not got any interview call after submitting the application.

Valliappan Says
Did you get an interview call for TAMU. I have not got any interview call after submitting the application.

I haven't yet recieved a interview call from TAMU(my app is yet not complete) just GaTech. I have just submitted the TAMU form on last friday and posted the transcripts on the same day. So i think the transcripts must have reached them today, also my one reco is remaining...my recommender is very busy and i have already troubled him enuf for recos for other schools. He will submit reco by this weekend. So no chance of any interview call from TAMU for me for atleast 2-3 weeks. I think i should get a interview call from them atleast, lets c.

btw when did you apply.

@silas--any updates on ur application status? how was ur interview?pls share the interview details...

Thanks

Silas:
Can you post your GMAT And Profile so that others may benefit with the kind of profile one needs, I'm a 2008 aspirant, so sorry can help u on this, Can you also let us know which other univ u applied...
@silas--any updates on ur application status? how was ur interview?pls share the interview details...

Thanks

I had my interviews for Gatech just before Xmas. Strangely I had two interviews, one with the admission director and other with executive director of career development. Both the interviews were very casual. Actually was very surprised with the nature of the interviews.

In the interview with the admissions director, i was asked the common questions like
Why MBA?
What are your long term shorterm goals?
why Gatech?
What activities you did in college and would like to continue at gatech?

When i was done answering the question, she gave me a lot of information regarding the college, several initiatives that they have in the college. She also told me to schedule the second interview with the director of career development.

This interview with the career development guy was very very specific with regards to what my goals are, how gatech fits into it. I was asked a lot of details regarding the kind of work i am doing now and the exact nature of work that i would like to do after MBA. I was again given a lot of information about the role of the career development department which he led at gatech in student life at gatech.

It was a nice experience interviewing with Gatech as compared to my interview with Indiana-Kelley which was very dry and predictable.

Lets c ... waiting for an admit and a GA.
Did anyone get an interview call from TAMU ?

Or

Final admit from Gatech ?
Did anyone get an interview call from TAMU ?
Or
Final admit from Gatech ?

I did not get an interview call from TAMU.I did not apply here
@silas---A lot of ppl have applied to TAMU in Nov/early dec but havent got a call so far.

tamu....keep fingers crossed
seems they have an increase in applications this year

tamu....keep fingers crossed
seems they have an increase in applications this year

Hi

I have applied to TAMU before Jan 10, 2007 with GMAT 640/TOEFL 104/WEx 4yrs. I talked to admission office yerterday and I was told that this year number of applications have doubled and it would take another 3-4 weeks i.e end of March to finally send invitation of interviews.

Please keep all of us informed if someone receives the interview call or admission confirmation.

Thanks
Hi

I have applied to TAMU before Jan 10, 2007 with GMAT 640/TOEFL 104/WEx 4yrs. I talked to admission office yerterday and I was told that this year number of applications have doubled and it would take another 3-4 weeks i.e end of March to finally send invitation of interviews.

Please keep all of us informed if someone receives the interview call or admission confirmation.

Thanks

After an eternity of waiting; finally recieved an interview from TAMU. Interview on coming Tuesday .

Applied to TAMU before Jan 9 ..No interview call till date

GMAT - 710
BE - Gold Medalist
3.5 yrs exp

Any body in the same boat ?

Me too applied to TAMU on 9th Jan....waiting for an interview

GMAT - 670
TOEFL - 106
BE (Computer Science & Engineering) - FCD
Extra Curriculars : Good
3.5 yrs exp (IT-ERP)

I apped on Jan 7.. Got interviewed on 22.. I got a mail from Jackie Taylor to call her up to schedule and interview.. I did it.. and got done on the 22nd...

now waiting for their update..

Ravi,

Can you please share your profile..so that even we people get a fair idea of TAMU is expecting..

Please share your interview experience...it would be of some help to we felow applicants..!!!!!

Hey Ravi ..Congrats for INterview call...Please share the experience and Profile .

The interview was pretty informal.. just like any other you would expect...

1) why mays
2) why b school now
3) tell me something about yourself ( for which i yapped and yapped )

It did not take more than 25 mins for me.. was very comfortable.. nothing fancy... she was more interested in knowing about me than asking questions.... that is what i felt..

I do not think she had read thru my application thorougly but was skimming thru the docs and making notes as I was talking... I was interviewed by Kelly Kilpatrick the director.. and I think she interviews all the folks..

as for my profile... GMAT: 700 \ TOEFL: 115 \ EXP: 3.5 ( IT - CRM )\Good Acads\Decent Ex-Cur

Please holler if ne of you guys or gals have had iview calls or admits.

Carpe Diem
~R

Great ..All the best dear ... 😃
Any applicants in India got a call though !!

I too got the interview call, I've scheduled it on 27th