taking help from consultants post gmat

hi guys… This is rahul and im new to pagalguy…i recently took my gmat in july end and got a 760(Q 50 V 42). i have 3 years of work ex…1 year in Infosys and 2 years in a trading firm futures first…I am interested in joining a b school nex…

hi guys...

This is rahul and im new to pagalguy..i recently took my gmat in july end and got a 760(Q 50 V 42). i have 3 years of work ex..1 year in Infosys and 2 years in a trading firm futures first..I am interested in joining a b school next fall ie 2009. Am interested in applying to schools like wharton, stern, GSB( chicago), ISB etc.. Now comes the application part... What i am confused about is whether i should take help from consultants in preparing my application?or should i do everything myself? I am planning to write my own essays and just get them edited+reviewed by a renowned consulting agency...is it a good idea? well it could be the case that i am banking on them to deliver and im not satisfied with their efforts...i would highly appreciate it if you guys could throw light on this and share your own experiences...

Thanks
Rahul

Hi Rahul,

seems i m in the same exact dilemma as u...Scored a 760, looking to apply to top schools, but am not sure if one needs a consultant or not...If yes, then which ones to consider...

Gurus, can anybody guide us on this?

Hi guys...
m sailing in the same boat....got 730 in gmat...and planning to start the application process...any ideas ?

Shivani

hey..what universities you planning to apply to? whats your profile? i am getting slightly inclined towards taking help..i think it would help in some way or the other? they could act as a single point of contact to clear our trivial queries....watsay?

Hi Rahul,

seems i m in the same exact dilemma as u...Scored a 760, looking to apply to top schools, but am not sure if one needs a consultant or not...If yes, then which ones to consider...

Gurus, can anybody guide us on this?