Syracusse Whitman MBA 2010 !

Hi guys, No thread for 2010 so… I thought I’d let everyone now that Whitman is not offering any financial aid over 20k for first year (non-renewable) no matter what your profile is. This is something that the admin staff told me in an email…

Hi guys,

No thread for 2010 so... I thought I'd let everyone now that Whitman is not offering any financial aid over 20k for first year (non-renewable) no matter what your profile is. This is something that the admin staff told me in an email. Good thing I wasted $$ on sending my GMAT score to them :banghead:

If financial aid is something you take into consideration when choosing a B-school than you might wanna reconsider the Whitman MBA Program.

Hi ... I have got an interview from syracuse for fall 2010 ...anyone in the boat ?

I have got an admit from syracuse university..... they havent specified anything about the scholorship.......so i sent then an email asking if they have made any decision or so.....................but can anyone tell me if syracuse is a good university especially in finance, job prospects etc...........????

@raja could you please share your profile please ... did u have an interview? if so could yu please share the format of the interview...

ronny158582 Says
@raja could you please share your profile please ... did u have an interview? if so could yu please share the format of the interview...

yea i had an interview.............they usually ask basic questions like wats ur goals........ur strenght weaknesss..........example of team work & ur role in it.....difficult decision u took ......... they are all standard questions one comes across in a college interview...........good luck

Hey guys!

got an admit from Whitman.. 16K scholarship offered!!

Anybody else who knows their schol amt??

Hey guys!

hi do u mind giving more detail about ur profile....gmat score/work ex.....etc thanks
Hey guys!

Congrats Inder ... Any idea on what is the criteria for scholarship at whitman ?

Hey Ronny..

No idea abt d criteria.. but i had a general statement which said : "In recognition of your outstanding academic achievement and demonstrated leadership potential, I am pleased to inform you that the Financial Aid Committee at the Whitman School of Management has selected you to receive one of our merit scholarship awards. "

Hey Raj,

my profile is as follows:

gmat: 620,
work ex 28 months in procurement i.e SCM
Engineering: Mumbai Uni
Acads: Avg
Extra curi: good!

Rajaran,

have u been informed abt ur schol amt?? also any other uni from whr u have got an admit??

do u mind sharing ur profile??

Hey Inder ... I got an admission decision today ... but it did not mention the scholarship amount ... did you receive the scholarship details with your admission decision or it was sent later in a different email.

In the email that I have received, they have asked me to contact some rick to know more details about scholarship amount.

btw, did u submit your financial documents yet ?

Hey Ronny.... CONGRATS man!! Whr u located?? r u takin syracuse for sure??

Regarding schols: U can mail Rick.. he takes care of the schols.. he'l tell u d schol amt tht they have decided for u..

Regarding Financial Verification: U can ask Patricia regarding the financial documents or lack of them.. i had submitted a letter from the bank at d time of fees submission which was accepted.. U can feel free and mail both the people concerned..

Hope i have answered ur queries!! Congrats once again man!!

Hello Inder ..I am located in Phoenix, USA ... working for an indian IT company ...

right now I have admits from Thunderbird and Syracuse, and an interview invite from George Washington, D.C.... If I am through with GW and if they provide any schols i will prefer GW .... but syracuse is also equally good ... schol from syracuse will make it even more attractive for me ...

I have mailed rick reg that and waiting for response ... I have yet to arrange for the financial certification...

I am planning to go to NY and have a look at the whitman mba personally .... will keep you updated....cya

Hey Ronny,

sent u a PM.. plz check and get back!! Thanks!!

i got an admit with $16000 scholarship.... i believe this is the standard schol they are giving .... anybody has an idea on the average cost of living expenses. and also can we waive off the health insurance,

ronny158582 Says
i got an admit with $16000 scholarship.... i believe this is the standard schol they are giving .... anybody has an idea on the average cost of living expenses. and also can we waive off the health insurance,

Congrats Ronny!! Lemme know how ur Washinton interview went!!

U can send me an offline on GTALK as well.. congrats once again!!:grin:

thanks inder ... did u send ur financial proof ? how much amt do we need to show?

the website mentions : For 2008-2009, international applicants must demonstrate financial viability of approximatly US$45,334 of support.

as we have a schol of $16000, we need to show proof of $45,334 - $16000 = $29334?

Rajaran,

have u been informed abt ur schol amt?? also any other uni from whr u have got an admit??

do u mind sharing ur profile??

my gmat scores are 620
toefl 110
academics-all in 1st class

extracurricular-good
work exp:good managerial exp 4 abt 30 months

i have recieved admits from rpi, rutgeers camden.....but i think syracuse is the best among them.............but i m waiting to hear from other universities 2

did they mention the scholorship in the email or in the application package....& hav they mentioned any reason for givin u the scholorship????
i was really hopin to get some scholorship from them...