Syracuse or keep applyin

Hi everyone, I intend to do my MBA in Finance.my scores are 620 in gmat and 109 in toefl…30 months of managerial work experience…I have got an admit from syracuse university, rensealler, rutgers camden & claremont university. Can you t…

Hi everyone,

I intend to do my MBA in Finance.my scores are 620 in gmat and 109 in toefl.....30 months of managerial work experience....I have got an admit from syracuse university, rensealler, rutgers camden & claremont university. Can you tell me which one I should opt for .....also i am planning to apply to temple university, rutgers newark, & pepperdine. Do u think these schools are better than then ones I have already received admits from.Kindly let me know

also can someone provide more info on syracuse, temple & rutgers newark......& how they stand against each other intems of mba finance, employment cost etc

thank you

Hi,

Syracuse is really good for Finance. Rutgers Camden is a very small place and I would def not suggest that-its anyways evening MBA classes leaving ur day free. Iv nt heard much bout Claremont so wudnt comment.
Rutgers-Newark is a good school as its a big campus but considering your profile it seems a lil aspirational to gt thru.
Temple U is also decent but not that reputable. But it is aspirational considering your prolfe.
from all syracuse seems good!

i would say definitely Rutgers Newark hands down. No other school that you mentioned will give you more netowrking opportunities. Being 15 minutes from manhattan can work wonders. Def. Rutgers Newark!!

hookemhorns86 Says
i would say definitely Rutgers Newark hands down. No other school that you mentioned will give you more netowrking opportunities. Being 15 minutes from manhattan can work wonders. Def. Rutgers Newark!!

r u sure........i dont think rutgers is all tht good..........it doesnt even appear anywhere in the rankings:shock: ...correct me if i am wrong..........besides its seems on par with syracuse ...............so do u guys think its worth the money for applying.........i mean why waste money applyin 2 it...........wen it has the same standing like syracuse whr i have already got an admit
rajarank2000 Says
r u sure........i dont think rutgers is all tht good..........it doesnt even appear anywhere in the rankings:shock: ...correct me if i am wrong..........besides its seems on par with syracuse ...............so do u guys think its worth the money for applying.........i mean why waste money applyin 2 it...........wen it has the same standing like syracuse whr i have already got an admit

syracuse is in the middle of nowhere. DO NOT go by rankings. That seems to be the most common mistake international students make because they do not know what exactly is happening here.

Consider this.. the company you want to work for is in Manhattan. It probably won't be going to either Syracuse or Rutgers because neither of them is an elite top 20 program. So what do you do next? Try to meet someone from their office..do some networking. Would it be convenient to take a 4 hr bus every time from Syracuse in 6 feet of snow to meet someone for 30 mins, or hope on the 15 min subway from Newark? Think about it..and good luck :)

I am not saying Syracuse is bad.. but if you have an option of applying to Rutgers..go ahead and do that.

Hi,Ive been admitted to syracuse with no scholarship and Case Western Reserve with 12k out of 40K scholarship. Which should i opt for. I'm looking at a marketing MBA

i will be applyin to rutgers newark..............also u got any idea about baruch.........i thinks thts in manhattan itself..is tht good

rajarank2000 Says
i will be applyin to rutgers newark..............also u got any idea about baruch.........i thinks thts in manhattan itself..is tht good

Baruch is a very good college. The biggest advantage is its strategic location, Manhattan!!! Baruch is excellent for Accounting/Finance major. You will gt alot of opportunity to network here. It would be a better choice than Syracuse.

Rutgers Newark/New Brunswick is good. Camden is a very small place so if ur thinking of Rutgers please apply to Newark campus. The deadline is March 15th for international students. N for international students you need to submit a WES Evaluation for GPA.

I would say Baruch is better option than Syracuse.
Syracuse is better option than Case Western (just for location, program wise Case is higher ranked, bt eventually if jobs r on ur mind Syracuse is closer to NYC.)
Syracuse and Baruch better than Rutgers Camden
Rutgers Newark is better than Syracuse...

Hope this helps

I may sound really lame & ignorant...............but wat exactly do people mean when they say "good for networking" ...................I mean most of the times we will be either in the college or with roommates.........so the only people we will be meeting wud be professor, classmates & roommates...............so how does it matter for networking whether the college is in a big city or some small town.................kindly clarify this for me.....thanks

rajarank2000 Says
I may sound really lame & ignorant...............but wat exactly do people mean when they say "good for networking" ...................I mean most of the times we will be either in the college or with roommates.........so the only people we will be meeting wud be professor, classmates & roommates...............so how does it matter for networking whether the college is in a big city or some small town.................kindly clarify this for me.....thanks

Hmm ok lemme explain you this with an example: if ur in a small town like kanpur or if ur in a big city like bombay... the diff is opportunities!!!

The professors that teach you are from the idustry, many of them are working.. so they help you NETWORK.... And thats why its imp to be in a big city so that you have more opportunities..
Hmm ok lemme explain you this with an example: if ur in a small town like kanpur or if ur in a big city like bombay... the diff is opportunities!!!

The professors that teach you are from the idustry, many of them are working.. so they help you NETWORK.... And thats why its imp to be in a big city so that you have more opportunities..

do professor actually help u out with jobs n stuff????................ i have heard tht some colleges have networking parties or something.........dunno much about it though
rajarank2000 Says
do professor actually help u out with jobs n stuff????................ i have heard tht some colleges have networking parties or something.........dunno much about it though

I don't mean to sound mean..but are you sure you are ready for MBA?
hookemhorns86 Says
I don't mean to sound mean..but are you sure you are ready for MBA?

even i dont mean 2 sound rude......but u dont have the required intellect to judge people or pose such questions......... besides u can either give ur opinions related to the questions or shut the hell up

Dear friends.. I have created a FB group for 2012 admits like us!! Please follow the link and join the group to connect with more students.. We can also call the current year seniors on this group to guide us in the smooth transition to the university!! hope to see you all on FB