Sydenham vs Wellingkar vs Somaiya MMS

hey people ... would like to know ... what would be the ranking among the following colleges ??? Sydneham, Wellingkar, Somaiya with respect to MMS. I know that sydneham salary >> other 2. But what about the staff .. and the administrat...

hey people ... would like to know ... what would be the ranking among the following colleges ???

Sydneham, Wellingkar, Somaiya with respect to MMS.

I know that sydneham salary >> other 2.
But what about the staff .. and the administration ..

I have heard that Sydneham has typical govt mentality staff .. and somaiya, well i know about it !!! .. wellingkar seems to be better ... However .. wellingkar seems to give more priority to its PGDBA ... but it would save me 1 hour of travel daily ..

So how do i rank these 3 ??

as of now thinking of sydneham, wellingkar, somaiya.

But inclined to put wellingkar ahead ... do advice people .. bye .. nikhil

I dont know much abt Welingkar but yes Sydenham is well renowned in bbay circles (like IMI up north or T A Pai down south). I got to hear negative stuff abt Welingkar/KJS thro some threads on PG and on a TIME bulletin board.
Hence, I will REFRAIN from commenting abt these since I dont know whether those claims are TRUE or NOT.
Sydenham wud be the cheapest as well (32 K p.a PLEASE VERIFY) and assures u a decent placement if u are in the top 3 quartiles which is eminently achievable. I guess it shd be ranked b/w 20-25 among bschools in India if ever there was a comprehensive ranking (MY OPINION)

http://www.cflogic.com/Mgtindia/CetTop.htm might help u decide.

hey asok ..

the site mentions SOmaiya above sydenham at one place

and then in the list of mumbai univ ... shows sydenham above somaiya.

And is Somaiya really better than Wellingkar ??

hi pgs

ofcourse sydenham is best of them all.
if u wanna rank it wud b:-
1.Sydenham
2.K.J.Somaiya
3.Welingkar

regards
fokyboy

Hey guyz....as we all know the rank 1 insti thru CET is jbims....but which b-school comes in the second position after jb??? is it sydenham or welingkar???
SYDENHAM is supposed to be No.2 ... gives placements with avg. salary 5 lacs p.a.....but has govt coll types infrastructure...known for its quality placements..

WELINGKAR...currently gives placements with avg. salary 4 lacs p.a. ....but has awesome infrastructure...does a lot of promotion& advertisement... has some foreign tie-ups ...labelled as a fast rising b-school

What do you guys think....which one is a better bet after JB.....Sydenham or Welingkar???? will Welingkar be ahead of Sydenham in 2 years time???

Cheers ....N

for me syd comes first with 4.75avg package, second comes som with 4avg package, than wel with 3.75avg package, same order in case of faculty but in case of infra its up side down

Hi guys,
i m a Sydenham stdnt. last yr before joining Syd. i was a regular visitor to PG. but after tht bcoz of time constraint i cldnt post much .abt ur queries, i wld like 2 tell u d strengths of Syd vis-a-vis KJS & Welingkar.
first point is truth...yes whatever is on d website simsree.org is 100% true.placements, salaries, faculty etc. which u won't get on other sites. this we got frm the stdnts frm KJS & Welingkar who got admission in Syd. becoz of sum vacancies created here.
second is d no. of seats .less no. of stdnts 2 b placed make placements easier.in KJS & Wel. thgey have more than 250 stdnts.
third is d fee. only 30,000 pa in Syd.
fourth is d reputation and strong alumni network.
fifth is d traditional advantage.Syd. always gets d second rank after JB.

i hope all ds will help u take a better decision.
next time i ll taLK ABT SUM SHORTCOMINGS OF sYD.
bye FOR NOW.

LOL...guys plz. takes these placement figures with a pinch of salt...sydneham 5 lacs and somaiya and wellingkar 4?...i can assure u that sydneham's average would be about 3-3.5 and the other two would be between 2 and 3.

sumitkatlana Says
for me syd comes first with 4.75avg package, second comes som with 4avg package, than wel with 3.75avg package, same order in case of faculty but in case of infra its up side down

no may b,

that aint true as far as i know from my friends.

ciao,
bruno

May B Says
LOL...guys plz. takes these placement figures with a pinch of salt...sydneham 5 lacs and somaiya and wellingkar 4?...i can assure u that sydneham's average would be about 3-3.5 and the other two would be between 2 and 3.
May B Says

hey mate.....let me tell u that now a days in mumbai if u will join a call center... after 2 years u can easily achive 20+/month means 2.4/year......now u r saying tht after completing ur mba from somiya u will get a job of same salary.....& apart from that u have to make a payment of 3 lacs in som+leaving exp extra......& what about those two years of ur MBA......
and if u still don't believe me than check out this thread & u will get ur ans
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/welingkar-institute-of-management-25002565
on this thread u will find alot of people having same opinion
Here is the placement scenario at Sydenham and Welingkar. From the placement perspective i think Sydenham wins hands down with companies like Mckinsey, Bank of America, Steve and Barry's USA coming to its campus.
Sydenham placement :
Sydenham Institute of Management had its Placement Week from the 3rd to the 8th of January. In these six days over 70 companies visited the campus making a total of 108 offers.
The highest offer accepted on campus was Rs. 6.9 Lakhs per annum while the lowest offer accepted on campus was Rs. 2.7 Lakhs per annum. The average salary for the batch is Rs. 4.5 Lakhs per annum. The major recruiters were banks that recruited one fourth of the batch. Another 25 % of the students were selected by companies in the manufacturing sector while consultancy firms took 10 % of the batch. Rest of the students were picked up by IT, Telecom & financial services companies. Some of the big companies that visited the institute this year were McKinsey Knowledge Centre, J.P. Morgan Chase, Citibank, ABN Amro, ICICI Bank, Orange, TCS, Mastek, HCL, Sonata, BASF, Essar, Ceat, Sterlite, Gammon India and Sahara India.
Welingkar Placement :

We have enjoyed an enviable track record in student placements in premier organisations. The Placements are as mentioned below :

No. of placements is as under: TotalStudents(PGDBM-120 & PGPeB-30)150Total Companies visited campus295Foreign Offers7Pre-Placement Offers (PPOs)16
The Salary break-up is as under : CourseStudentsMin. Sal.Max. Sal.Avg. Sal.PGDBM1202.80 lacs5.75 lacs3.50 lacsPGPeBiz302.80 lacs5.75 lacs4.00 lacsOverall2402.80 lacs5.75 lacs3.75 lacs

guys,

since cet results have been declared,

why dont we have a rating of the top 4 colleges done.

plz open this attachnment and post ur replies accordingly.this will definitely help all of us.

soumaiya commands more respect in the industry then welingkar. their students r considered quality products!!!
best of luck chosing ur coll

sanjana 😃

wat are expected cut offfs for all these three colleges this year
shed light on this topic plzz a score of 150+/240 will it be gud enufff to get me thruu !!

HI JUNTA,
I HAVE A MAT PERCENTILE OF 98.76........SO SUBMITTING FOR MMS
HENCE RATHER THAN RATIN THS 3 COLLS , I M INTERESTED IN MY CHACES IN NE OF THS 3 COLL.
WHAT SAY? PLZZ HELP ME.......
CHEERS RAHUL.

HI JUNTA,
I HAVE A MAT PERCENTILE OF 98.76........SO SUBMITTING FOR MMS
HENCE RATHER THAN RATIN THS 3 COLLS , I M INTERESTED IN MY CHACES IN NE OF THS 3 COLL.
WHAT SAY? PLZZ HELP ME.......
CHEERS RAHUL.

i guess yur written score wud be sumwhere in the range of 118 to 120 so if yu can get a 32 in gd pi then yu are luking at the 5th and 6th collegs i mean welingkar and pumba and if yu can get more marks in that 40 then i guess even kj somaiya wud be close so try hard man

rahine

enjoy
wat are expected cut offfs for all these three colleges this year
shed light on this topic plzz a score of 150+/240 will it be gud enufff to get me thruu !!

yu can check the list given by sumit in the cet mba results out thread yull get the cut offs and well do deduct at least a 7 from those figures to get the cut offss this year man

rahine

enjoy
Well i'll rate them as

1) Sydenham
2) Welingkars
3) Somaiya

Wat say ppl??????

guys the score required 4 cet in these 3 coll will b more than 150 as jbims cut off according 2 time is 156-158 for mumbai ppl