Surviving an International MBA - Part 1

"Its been a long time since I put up an article and thought it was about time I told you all, how it has been at a US business school and what the experience amounts to, at the end of the day. I am sure that my blog has been doing a decent job …

"Its been a long time since I put up an article and thought it was about time I told you all, how it has been at a US business school and what the experience amounts to, at the end of the day. I am sure that my blog has been doing a decent job about updating on the fortnightly or so activities, so heres my attempt to run you all through the Surviving an International MBA. My take is that from the Fuqua stand-point. I am sure the experience will be similar elsewhere if not the same." - Simba aka Sowmya

Click here to read full article

This is very nice idea and will be very helpful for people like me...

:infiniti:

As cliched as it might sound, another extremely well written article Sowmya 😃 ...Nice to see you following the previous series up with this one....It would help loadsa ppl get a very good idea of what it entails.. :thumbsup:

Cheers

As cliched as it might sound, another extremely well written article Sowmya 😃 ...Nice to see you following the previous series up with this one....It would help loadsa ppl get a very good idea of what it entails.. :thumbsup:

Cheers

Hey Subbu, I know the article kinda sounds cliched but what the heck! I think I didnt do full justice to the prev article .. I intend to do my best here! 😃

Now, do u see anything new in my signature.......

Simbaaaa

Aah, the vagaries of the Queen's Language, or rather, my interpretation of the same :oops: I meant howsoever cliched my remarks on your article be (what with you coming up with awesome stuff everytime your write one), still, i had to say that again.... 😃

Yep, saw the link...So its up and running now is it...Coolio...Was discussing this with PG a few days back...Nice to see its gathering some steam already..Hafta say, nice initiative... :thumbsup:. All the very best... 😃 And any way us mortals could recommend someone without joining there??

Cheers

Aah, the vagaries of the Queen's Language, or rather, my interpretation of the same :oops: I meant howsoever cliched my remarks on your article be (what with you coming up with awesome stuff everytime your write one), still, i had to say that again.... 😃

Yep, saw the link...So its up and running now is it...Coolio...Was discussing this with PG a few days back...Nice to see its gathering some steam already..Hafta say, nice initiative... :thumbsup:. All the very best... 😃 And any way us mortals could recommend someone without joining there??

Cheers

LOL, now I understand what u meant! Jeez, my interpretations suck these days! 😃 Yeah, sure you can recommend the place but not sure how they can get an invite without knowing an insider! 😃

Simbaaaaaa

Great article there Simba :thumbsup: . A candour representation coupled with some really good insights. The thing that seems common to any Yem Bee Yeah be it a Foreign or an Indian B school and the one that confounds me is

As you try to pick up the first few assignments with your teams, you will be faced with various career workshops to help you through the maze of fields of consulting, investment banking etc. Guess which one has the maximum turn outs Of course, the workshops for Undecided people! Now, what the hell did more than 50% of the entire school write in their essays and how in the world did they gain admissions if they are still undecided? Haha, welcome to the world of uncertainties, thats an Yeam Bee Yeah world for you!

With most of the essay questions focusing on clarity of thought and a good amount of self introspection one tends to wonder whether it's purely the "Creativity Skills Unleashed" that take you there :huh: .

Looking forward to Part II for some more insights 😃 Kudos.

PS: Finally I saw the real lioness 😃 All the Best with PaGaLGirL, Nice initiative.
:confused: would it deplete the M:F ratio on PaGaLGuY

Govi Says
:confused: would it deplete the M:F ratio on PaGaLGuY

I sincerely hope it doesnt! It is not meant to!! Start luring women into not leaving this place
Simba Says
I sincerely hope it doesnt! It is not meant to!! Start luring women into not leaving this place

:satisfie: Ah sure 😃 infact I would encourage them to stay on both the forums

Just asking a wee bit more but along with the article is it possible to highlight few of the points you would be writing on in the next part of this series.

hey simba way to go amazing article
by the way i need an invite to pagalgirl.com wud luv to join plz

Just asking a wee bit more but along with the article is it possible to highlight few of the points you would be writing on in the next part of this series.

Hmmm.. nice suggestion but do you really think I am soooo foresighted!! But will think about it... 😃
Simba Says
Hmmm.. nice suggestion but do you really think I am soooo foresighted!! But will think about it... :)

I don't have any doubts on that
Govi Says
I don't have any doubts on that

Govi ji, I tried to fit in this suggestion & I think I hopelessly failed

"Its been a long time since I put up an article and thought it was about time I told you all, how it has been at a US business school and what the experience amounts to, at the end of the day. I am sure that my blog has been doing a decent job about updating on the fortnightly or so activities, so heres my attempt to run you all through the Surviving an International MBA. My take is that from the Fuqua stand-point. I am sure the experience will be similar elsewhere if not the same." - Simba aka Sowmya
Clickhere to read full article

Hey
I am new to pagalguy.
I am not able to view the full article though.
What is the way to view full article?
Hey
I am new to pagalguy.
I am not able to view the full article though.
What is the way to view full article?

Not sure how old this post is! I have been away for a long time :)

But here's the link that might be of help -

http://www.pagalguy.com/index.php?categoryid=43&p2;_articleid=307

nice article

Not sure how old this post is! I have been away for a long time :)

But here's the link that might be of help -

PaGaLGuY.com - The Everything of MBA, CAT 2007, GMAT, XAT, CAT 2008, SNAP, IIM - Surviving an International MBA - Part 1 - GMAT, International MBA

thxx a ton i too was gettin the same message - your account doesnt have enough previleges to view this article.

cheers

hii m a new user. can u help me??