Summers Placements 2004 at IIM A(Day Zero)

hi November 14 was D-day at IIMA, when leading investment banks from across the globe queued up 2 assess the best talent in the country. They were not disappointed as a rollicking 36 got snapped up by saturday evening. Goldman Sachs, the world’s…

hi
November 14 was D-day at IIMA, when leading investment banks from across the globe queued up 2 assess the best talent in the country. They were not disappointed as a rollicking 36 got snapped up by saturday evening. Goldman Sachs, the world's leading investment bank(wich recruits only from IIM A in India) took an amazing 11 students for their summer internship programme.

In fact their number of offers were even more but some people accepted other offers coz of personal preferences. By the end of the day, the scene resembled a warzone wth some people walking around in formals with 3+ offers in hand.

Lehman Brothers made even more offers but culd get only 8 acceptances. Deustche Bank representatves were seen wandering around the interviewing area desperately looking for more people 2 interview.. they finally got 4 people i think.

UBS Warburg took 2 students while IFC(International Finanace Corporation)took one. Merryl Lynch stated emphatically that they were looking only for 2 candidates,one each for their HK and New York divisions and finally ended up recruting 6. 😲 Meryl Lynch interviews were conducted entirely through telefone and videoconferencing.. Finally they had to bring out a waitlist as most of the people who got the first list of offers had already accepted other bank offers.

JP Morgan Chase and Morgan Staney who had confirmed their arrival late ended up making 2 offers each.

the night was one of celebrations as the campus celebrated the highest day zero foreign placements in the country......foreign placements are still not over.. more on day 1 slotted soon....btw, our foreign placement figures do not include NKF, Singapore which were the biggest foreign recruiter in other leading IIMs they cudn't errr...get a day zero slot.. :shock: scheduled for day 1..
now day 1 is still to come.. urs truly is still waiting for that...
more news soon after day 1..IIM A ROCKSSSSSS!!!!!!
rgds,
rakesh

Niiiice Day Zero!!
Now you get in dada..and then we'll Paaaaartyyyyy!!!!

Ajay

hi
i am partying anyways buddy..why wait 4 summers?
sorry 2 hear abt CAT being cancelled bcoz of some $%^%...
keep the tempo going, guys..
and crack the next one..
rgds,
rakesh

Man...you guys rock! February 15th....sheesh,not again!

hey garuda......slow down.....go slow on bumping up old threads unless u have anything valid to add on or any query........and yes......we seriously frown upon one-liners.... :)

Cheers

hiya peepz,
Just an fwd: which i got... donno whether it is true... just thought i will post it up here...
if it a fake Moderators pleez delete it Let Pg not be called as a haven for rumour mongers..

Salaries Hit the roof at IIMADear All Salaries hit the roof at IIM-A The Indian Institute of Management-Ahmedabad (IIM-A) has set a new placement record this year with Morgan Stanley offering one of its graduates a $100,000 a year job. The highest salary offered last year was $82,000, by Capital One. The institute's final placements ended on Monday. Lehman Brothers, which signed up 11 students last year, is again the largest recruiter this year with 12 students. McKinsey has signed up five students at an annual salary of Rs 12 lakh (Rs 1.2 million), while Goldman Sachs has signed up four. The IIM Controversy Goldman Sachs and McKinsey had each signed up four students last year. HSBC has hired four students this year, while Deutsche Bank has hired two. Capital One, the highest paying company last year, has signed up two students this time against three last year. Citibank has offered postings in rare locations like Bahrain and Dubai for hefty pay packets. "This time there has been a substantial increase in the number of companies coming for recruitment. Also, more and more students this year considered offers from FMCG companies," said Ashley D'Souza, a student who will be joining Hindustan Lever Ltd shortly. Hindustan Lever, according to sources, has picked up four students this time, while Procter & Gamble has hired 11. Pharmaceutical companies, including Ranbaxy, Dr Reddy's Laboratories, Torrent Pharmaceuticals and Nicholas Piramal, also turned out in large numbers this year. There were a number of new overseas companies on campus, too. For instance, Transindus Inc, a travel company from the UK, and Temasek of Singapore have hired one student each. "With the economy picking up, Indian companies also hired a lot of students this year," said a student. Though the details of the institute's placement offers will be announced at an official press conference here tomorrow, it has been learnt that there are 45-50 foreign job postings this year, compared with around 40 last year. Indian Institute of Management-Ahmedabad Director Bakul Dholakia and Placement Co-Ordinator Rekha Jain declined to divulge any information on the placement process.

hi prashanth how r u?

well read abt this at msn.com, so my guess is it will b true

gr8 goin iim-a

hi prashanth how r u?

gr8 goin iim-a

hi vicky,
i am doin gr8 ..had a blast at mumbai and returned this monday...
IIMA blazing yaar..... i am gonna make everyone sweat it out for the coveted seat next year...
we sure will bell it together buddy....

cheers,
Prashanth
had a blast at mumbai

hey i did read ur post abt ur experience at mumbai,man u did a wonderful job in describin indias most rockin city!

i am gonna make everyone sweat it out for the coveted seat next year...
dood what aby spjain then 4 u? n hope u dont make my job diffi da!

we sure will bell it together buddy....

yup dude definitely v'll do it,big money at stake na!

man lets make coimbatore rock at d iims

cheers,

vicky.

vicky??
you from coimbatore? I thought you were studying at loyola college...!!

hi prashanth how r u?

gr8 goin iim-a

Please respect the worth of pagalguy and refrain from posting ur personal hi-hello here. People visit these threads for gathering information and not reading ur personal talks.
mitalikashyap Says
Please respect the worth of pagalguy and refrain from posting ur personal hi-hello here. People visit these threads for gathering information and not reading ur personal talks.

:o 😲 :o
Dude

Check out the date of the last post '23-03-2004'
you are three years late

Mods close this thread please

Mridul