Summer Placements 2008 @ XLRI, Jamshedpur

*Summer Placements Blaze at XLRI *The Summer Placement Process at XLRI was a resounding success, with the crme-de-la-crme of the corporate world vying for the best talents of this country. The profiles offered were varied, from Hedge Funds to Re…

Summer Placements Blaze at XLRI
The Summer Placement Process at XLRI was a resounding success, with the crme-de-la-crme of the corporate world vying for the best talents of this country. The profiles offered were varied, from Hedge Funds to Retail Banking, Strategy Consulting to Human Resources, and Branding to Operations.

With domestic stipends reaching astronomical heights of Rs. 5 Lakhs (Lehman Brothers), the process resulted in the batch of 2008 being placed in exclusive roles with the best companies in the industry, both from India and abroad. Lehman Brothers, J P Morgan Chase, Hay and Microsoft offered stipends of more than a lakh (for domestic offers), while Novartis, HUL, ABG, P&G;, Transworld, Asian Paints and ICICI made foreign offers.

HSBC, Ernst & Young, ABG, Edelweiss, Deloitte Consulting, IBM and Nokia
were the largest recruiters this year with the highest number of accepted offers. Other premier recruiters include Carlyle, Accenture Business Consulting, KPMG, TAS, Yahoo etc.

XLRI makes Inroads into Finance & Economics

XLRIs core strength lies in its fundamentals of Faculty and Student Quality.XLRI today boasts of a faculty size of twenty in the area of Finance and Economics, which is unrivalled across B-school campuses in India. This long term vision of XLRI has produced excellent results in terms of the recruiters visiting XLRI such as Lehman Investment Banking, EightCapital Hedge Fund, Indea Capital, Lotus Asset Management,in addition to the premier traditional recruiters like J P Morgan Chase, The Carlyle Group, Edelweiss, Rabo Bank, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, Citi Bank, Standard Chartered, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank and SBI Capital Markets. 27% of the students signed out with offers from the Finance sector.

The Top Consults prefer XLRI

XLRI strengthened its relationships with the Consulting Prima Donnas with 21% of the offers coming from KPMG Consulting, Ernst & Young Human Capital, Hay Group, Hewitt Associates, Mercer Consulting, Accenture Business Consulting, Deloitte Consulting and IBM Business Consulting. The consulting clique was further enriched by the esteemed additions of Price Waterhouse Coopers and Tishman Speyers International Consulting.

The Place to be for Marketing Professionals

XLRI's proven track record as an FMCG favourite was reinforced by the active participation of top organizations - Asian Paints, Britannia, Cadbury, Coke, Colgate Palmolive, GlaxoSmithKline, HUL, ITC, Johnson & Johnson, Marico, Nestle, P&G;, Pepsi and Reckitt Benckiser. 37% of the students signed out with offers from FMCG / Manufacturing firms.

The legendary leadership of XLRI in HR and Marketing is now being rivaled by its solid reputation in the Finance and Consulting Areas. The motto of Excellence and Integrity has shone through in the quality of students and companies in the Internship process, the best of Corporate India vied among itself to offer challenging and rewarding roles to the students.

Professor Uday Damodaran, Chairperson of the Placement Committee, commenting on the successful completion of the Summer Internship Process, had this to say The challenge of running a placement system is one of continuously catering to the changing preferences/ needs of the students and recruiters. Reflecting the changing preferences of students all over, at XLRI too we saw- this year- a larger proportion of students interested in taking up summer assignments in the finance domain/ consultancy sector. To the credit of the student Placement Committee, they have been able to successfully address the needs of the students who participated in the summer internship programme

Cheers,
Ninja

Bloody Awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!
Sab XL puys ki placement batao bhaiyya yahan πŸ˜ƒ ..

Uday Damodaran .. He rocks man !!! :thumbsup:

Bloody Awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!
Sab XL puys ki placement batao bhaiyya yahan πŸ˜ƒ ..

Uday Damodaran .. He rocks man !!! :thumbsup:

Uday Damodaran and Suma Damodaran .. they were one of the founding members of GIM ....

They are still remembered by the alumni who were taught by them ...One of the best professors ever .....Infact Prof Bandopadhyaya of Operations has also joined XLRI

UD was the PGP Chair at IIM K and GOD ..
Still comes in to teach the 2nd yr ..

btw Report could have been much more simplistic .. too ambiguous right now :)

5 lakhs .. - International salaries convert mat karo yaar πŸ˜ƒ . 6500 $ likh do πŸ˜ƒ
1 Lakh for 2 months , something the report missed to mention πŸ˜ƒ ..ie 50K per month ..

Still great placements ...
Fin and Consulting are improving year after year :thumbsup:

UD was the PGP Chair at IIM K and GOD ..
Still comes in to teach the 2nd yr ..

btw Report could have been much more simplistic .. too ambiguous right now :)

5 lakhs .. - International salaries convert mat karo yaar πŸ˜ƒ . 6500 $ likh do πŸ˜ƒ
1 Lakh for 2 months , something the report missed to mention πŸ˜ƒ ..ie 50K per month ..

Still great placements ...
Fin and Consulting are improving year after year :thumbsup:

Nopes. That is the domestic salary i.e. the lb guy (i mean gal :lookroun: ) is going to do the summers at Bombay. And that's the stipend she is getting.

Still, those are not my words. :)

And yea UD rocks.

Yo, this is for both PMIR and BM, or BM onlee?

Nopes. That is the domestic salary i.e. the lb guy (i mean gal :lookroun: ) is going to do the summers at Bombay. And that's the stipend she is getting.

Still, those are not my words. :)

And yea UD rocks.

Gals : .. hamesha unko hi kyun IB milta hai :

Dude its the LB International office in Mumbai .. paying in dollars 6500 $.
Obs the gal in Mumbai will take it in rupees .. 2.5 L per month

Mujhe naam pata PM kar man πŸ˜‰ ... milna hai mujhe

Ya i know you aint written it .. sab moh maya hai ...

LB Intl. rocks man :thumbsup: ...

UD Left us 😞 ...
mikeslackenerny Says
Yo, this is for both PMIR and BM, or BM onlee?

Both BM and PMIR. No differentiation.

awesome XL folks congratulations

LB International role in mumbai is an awesome combination - intl exposure desi style :wow:

I hope i get to attend UDs lectures next year - he is bloody awesome

Hi Seniors...

Just a query from a Navet.

What kind of profiles do PMIR students get . I mean what all companies recruit them. I dunno expect the I-Banks recruiting the PMIR students...

I am asking this coz i have applied to the PMIR program .

Thanks in advance...

Hi Seniors...

Just a query from a Navet.

What kind of profiles do PMIR students get . I mean what all companies recruit them. I dunno expect the I-Banks recruiting the PMIR students...

I am asking this coz i have applied to the PMIR program .

Thanks in advance...

Till some of my PMIR colleagues gives u a more proper answer with all required information later, let me give the info i have.
You get a wide choice of consulting companies, as well as software MNC giants, and then all FMCG and various other top organizations offer HR (& IR) roles, the exact profiles vary for each company as well as the type of student profile they are looking for (varies as per amount of work-ex and field of earlier work-ex). Even some of the Fin giants shortlisted HR students.

I hope this satisfied your query. Although at this stage, this should be enough, but if you need exact details (of for some of the specific company) you could pm some of the PMIR seniors (bugs bunny, skeptic, etc).

P.S. If you are looking and are interested in HR, there is no better college than xl. :)

@ninja_talli...

Thanks a lot for confirming that. I know you would laugh when u hear how i applied to PMIR... I wanted to apply for BM only... But thought would later change the option .. But alas couldnot edit my choice...

Neways, pretty cool 2 hr bout the PMIR summers n all. so PMIR guyz do get into consulting firms n banks...

Thanks a ton again ..
Lets c wat this yr XAT results have in store for me....

Hi!

Can u give me some info on the profile of the class.. percentage freshers to ppl with work ex???

Also is admission based only on XAT scores or is it Profile based???

Thanks in advance