Summer placements 2006 @ IIM Kozhikode

Summers 2006: Corporate biggies lap-up talent at IIM K in record time IIM Kozhikode set new benchmarks across the premier B-school recruitment scenario in India by placing an increased batch of 160 students (up from 133 last year) within…

Summers 2006: Corporate biggies lap-up talent at IIM K in record time

IIM Kozhikode set new benchmarks across the premier B-school recruitment scenario in India by placing an increased batch of 160 students (up from 133 last year) within the first 4 days of the summer placements.
With over fifty top Indian companies and MNCs participating, a plethora of exciting "live" projects were on offer across varied domains. Companies from all sectors and functional areas like Investment Banking, Consulting, FMCG, Retail Banking, Insurance, Derivative Trading, Pharma, Manufacturing, Automobile, Advertising, IT, ITeS etc, were present, which enabled the students to choose their summer projects in the area of their preference.
The presence of 27 new companies on campus was an indicator of the rising stature of IIM Kozhikode in the corporate world. Some of the companies that debuted on campus this year include Cognizant, Edelweiss Capital, Johnson & Johnson, Ocwen Financial Solutions, Reliance Industries Ltd, L'Oral, Dr Reddy's and Whirlpool.
The strength of the enduring relationships with past recruiters was manifest during the process with companies like Ernst & Young, Capgemini, ITC, Asian Paints, Marico Industries, GE Money, GECIS (GENPACT), ICICI Bank, The Murugappa Group, Aditya Birla Group (BMC) making a large number of offers.
Marketing projects remained a favorite amongst students, with 32% of the batch accepting offers from that sector. Projects in Investment Banking, Corporate Finance, Treasury Operations, Commodity and Derivatives Trading, Retail Banking, Consulting, Systems, Advertising, HR, Supply Chain Management were also accepted with great enthusiasm.
The success of the summer recruitment process can be succinctly expressed in the words of the placements chairperson, Dr SSS Kumar: "The pace at which the summer interns were recruited shows the faith Corporate India has in IIM Kozhikode graduates".
Cognizant and Max New York Life, recruiting for the first time from IIM Kozhikode, extended 6 offers each, the highest across companies this year.
The highest stipend offered was Rs. 30000/- per month while the average stipend was Rs. 15000/- per month. The companies, vying with each other to attract top talent, made an average of 3.4 offers each, ensuring that Summers 2006 set a scorching pace, with the entire process drawing to a close within 4 action-packed days.
The above results bore testimony to IIM Kozhikodes status as a preferred destination for premier recruiters. Lending credence to the faith reposed by the recruiters with the institute, the students at IIM Kozhikode have historically performed extremely well in their summer internships with around 25% of the senior batch landing up with pre-placements offers or intents. Earlier this year, IIM K students also won the best project awards at companies like Wipro, GENPACT (erstwhile GECIS), Godrej and Patni.
The whole experience can be summed up in the words of some of the recruiters:
"We liked the students approach to the entire process. The discipline and manner of participation was really good.
- Mr. Ashutosh Telang, Head, Corporate HR, Marico Industries
"I was struck by the passion and drive of all the students we met. The setting of IIMK is amazing, surely a great place to work and study!"
- Mr. Didier Villanueva, Managing Director, L'Oral India
"Outstanding hospitality, high energy and excellent quality of students."
- Mr. Prabir Jha, Vice President HR, Dr Reddy's
Kudos to our seniors for providing us tremendous support...

IIM K is not all about excellence ... it is also about a feeling of brotherhood and a sense of belonging.

Three cheers to a great family...
Gally!!

I hugged more people in those hectic and emotionally-charged few days than I've done in my entire life, as they got placed, sometimes in their dream roles.
Best part is, some of them could get into desired places despite having spent years in entirely unrelated domains (Getting into advertising after being a techie, for example, or getting fin after years in ops). Their passion for their calling in life shone through in the interviews, and superseded their past. At times like this, you realize that one can fundamentally alter one's career if there's enough hunger & dedication, and the enabling role the institute can play in letting one achieve the goal. Summers will be the entry into their favorite domains, where they'll later make their career and fortune.

The sheer variety and quality of companies meant that almost everyone could aim for places that were tailor-made for her/his unique set of skills.
In all, an exhilirating learning experience. Thank people of both years for their incredible support and the hard work that made everything possible.

Now the celebrations begin

very thrilling experience indeed!The whole campus was ablaze with excitement and activity.
ok we have done GDs and PIs for getting here in the first place but not with such an intense competition and excitement, especially with 50+ companies on campus in 3 days!!
Was fun all the way (my tension was over with day 0 though! )

very thrilling experience indeed!The whole campus was ablaze with excitement and activity.
ok we have done GDs and PIs for getting here in the first place but not with such an intense competition and excitement, especially with 50+ companies on campus in 3 days!!
Was fun all the way (my tension was over with day 0 though! )

Great show guys...Now please pray a little for us too
very thrilling experience indeed!The whole campus was ablaze with excitement and activity. ]

Yes, it was indeed a thrilling experience to be part of the process .. The best part was that it was conducted in a very professional manner ... 50+ companies in three days n that too, without any hiccup...
IIMK rocks:grab:

Cheers..

good goin guyz.. nice to see some new companies .. hope finals are great as well

chimpy
2005 batch

Hey,
Great show guys, one of the best placements i've seen amongst all B-schools this year, best of luck for the finals.

Shreyas,
Management Class of 2007
NITIE

Hey,
Great show guys, one of the best placements i've seen amongst all B-schools this year, best of luck for the finals.

Shreyas,
Management Class of 2007
NITIE

Thanks Shreyas; let's all keep up the good work. MastishK was among the best online games I've seen yet (Some K ppl came first in a few of the contests there too)

vikkuboss2001 Says
Great show guys...Now please pray a little for us too

A's ppl don't need prayers; you might've managed to get placed even in the Great Depression!
Will pray nonetheless 😃

Hi All,

Its been a real while since I have posted on PG, infact I haven't posted on PG after joining IIMK!! But just couldn't resist posting on this thread.

I must say that the inter B-School camaraderie on this thread is refreshing when compared to the some of the bashing which generally takes place on placements threads!

I must say that the placements process was one of those events on campus where you see the entire gamut of emotions ranging from pure bliss to unimaginable sorrow. But all in all it was the best process I was part of ever since joining B-School!! It was a well co-ordinated show put up by the seniors and the juniors made sure they did their part by doing well in the interviews.

By the way I have been placed at ITC and I invite all fellow ITC summer interns to establish contact with each other so that we already know each other before joining ITC for summers.

Pete

hey congrats ,dude! great to hear IIM K's results !

abhishek
FMS , Delhi

hey congrats ,dude! great to hear IIM K's results !

abhishek
FMS , Delhi

I heard FMS also rocked the summers scene this year. Great work guys!!. We hope to see your batchmates in companies all over India next summer. Really nice to see sincere appreciation of each others efforts rather than bickering about banalities!. All the best to us!!

congrats pals. great show. Even our summers are going on smoothly.
who all from IIMK got thro E&Y; ? Myself in E&Y.;

Thanks,
anand

great show guys

ours starts from 12th...

congrats pals. great show. Even our summers are going on smoothly.
who all from IIMK got thro E&Y; ? Myself in E&Y.;

Thanks,
anand

Nice to hear from NMIMS too,Anand. Gagandeep Singh and Debanjan Bhadury(Of KBC-2 fame, where he won Rs 6.5 Lakhs!) shall be interning at E&Y; next summer. All the best for NM's Summer Process and your own internship!
great show guys

ours starts from 12th...

thanx guys. Summers was indeed rocking.

Looks like the summers recruitment this time is rocking across all campuses. Keep the good work going.

And whocarez, keep us posted.

Srini

Like it has been already mentioned we had an ultra great summers this time all 160 placed within days!!.All were high on emotion and in the mood to party after it was over and sure we gonna party hard
cheers IIMK I am proud of my institute
creed
class of 2007
IIMK

IIM A,C,K, FMS, NITIE,NMIMS..... wow... Great b-school comradeship guys!! so much more healthier than the thrashing that happens! lets keep this spirit going....

Gwaihir Says
Now the celebrations begin

owie! first up, congrats for ur summers guys. feels good to see that the hard work put in last year..is now giving results to us. three cheers for all the CAT prep done & neglected :wink: :wink:

i guess, the senior batch @IIMK would have spent the last 4-5 days sleepless as well. a bigger congrats to them, i guess. :)

and..to Gwaihir..hey! loooong time since the last pst on PG. good to see ya back, even though its only for the K thread. welcome back

yeh.. n PGites..could you please tell us where you got placed? Pete got in ITC..and others ? after all, surrogate advertisements are very very important..

cheers