Summer Placements 2004 - IIM Indore

Hi alll… Here is the official report of the summers 2004. :slight_smile: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The summer heat was at its peak during the days, October 7-9, 2004 at IIM Ind…

Hi alll..

Here is the official report of the summers 2004. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The summer heat was at its peak during the days, October 7-9, 2004 at IIM Indore. With an unprecedented 41 companies participating in the process, the Institute has indeed reached another significant milestone in its growth trajectory. With 90% of a batch of 115 first year participants getting placed in under 3 days, IIM Indore has raised the benchmark for successful summer placements across B-school campuses. Presently, the entire first year batch is placed.

The recruiters list at IIM Indore covers the entire spectrum of corporate India with representation from almost every sector. There have been significant new additions to the list of regular recruiters once again reiterating the fact that IIM Indore, despite its age, has successfully made a mark for itself amidst corporates.

Statistics:

With an average of 3.9 offers per company and 3 final acceptances, 41 companies have recruited the 115 first year participants from IIM Indore for summer internship. The average stipend offered was Rs.13,500 pm.

Sectorwise breakup:

Pharma - 13%
IT & ITES - 8%
FMCG - 26%
Automotive - 8%
Banking & Fin. services - 21%
Consultancy - 8%
Others - 16%

Companies participated in the process:

ABC Business Solutions
A.F. Ferguson & Co.
Accenture
Ashok Leyland
Asian Paints
BPCL
Cadburys
Career Launcher
Castrol
Cavin Kare
Citibank
EXL Services
GE India
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
Godrej & Boyce
GSK India
Hindustan Lever Limited
ICICI Bank
ICICI Onesource
IRIS
ITC Limited
Johnson & Johnson Medical
Larsen & Tubro
Lupin Laboratories
Madura Coats Limited
Marico
Maruti Udyog Limited
Patni Computer Systems
Pepsi
Perfetti
Pricewaterhouse Coopers
Sony Entertainment Television
Standard Chartered Bank
State Bank of India
Tata Motors
Titan Industries
TVS Electronics
UTI Bank
Vichara Technologies
Wipro
Wockhardt

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goodday ,
Chandoo

hey chandoo,
any idea how much IT companies paid... accenture,patni,wipro,etc..

hey chandoo,
any idea how much IT companies paid... accenture,patni,wipro,etc..

Generally the salary levels of summer placements do not matter. Companies dont even call it salary. they call it stipend. As far as i remember patni offered something around 15k, wipro, acc are also in the same range. normal package across instis includes travel expenses+business trip board/lodge expenses (outside the main city of placement incase you have to do a survey or client interaction) + stipend. The figures quoted are for stipend only.

HTH ,
Chandoo

Mango sir, how much an IT guy got as average final placement?
I've heard that B-schools use tricks and present inflated salaries.
Like a guy having 2 jobs of 5L each will be 10 while evalauting the average.
And you must be aware of what exactly 6.5L means? Cost to Company?
How much in hand?

Oops! the thread was about summer placements!

Still, if you can answer the questions?

Mango sir, how much an IT guy got as average final placement?
I've heard that B-schools use tricks and present inflated salaries.
Like a guy having 2 jobs of 5L each will be 10 while evalauting the average.
And you must be aware of what exactly 6.5L means? Cost to Company?
How much in hand?

We can reply to the question, but still can't answer it. 'Presenting an inflated version' of the salaries is true to an extent, but I don't think 2 jobs of 5L would be taken as 10 L for computation. Or atleast, we are not aware of such things. I say that the figures could hide the real details coz if 10 people get 10 L or in dollars and rest everyone gets 6L (for example), the average would be something like 7+, which, actually doesnt mean anything. But every Bschool does it. A good indicator would be the median figure. But again, salaries vary depending on experience levels, and hence the median would also depend on the number of work ex people in batch.

All in all, take all these figures as just approx 'indicators', and not at face value.

Exactly Govar, I feel median salary is a better indicator.
Please do post with confirmation about additive salaries if you get the confirmation 😃

hey one doubt here....may b it is a foolish one for u...
are the salary figures shown by insti or magazines include all the perks or is it only the salary in hand.. : (excluding perks and other benefits)

hey one doubt here....may b it is a foolish one for u...
are the salary figures shown by insti or magazines include all the perks or is it only the salary in hand.. : (excluding perks and other benefits)

Perks. 11L means about 50-55K in hand monthly.

Don't take this wrongly guys, but where is this thread headed to? If I remember right, the title said "Summers Process at IIM Indore". So then, if the discussion revolves around summers and related issues, I'm cool. Why are we discussing CTCs and Median salaries here? Start a different thread for that folks.

Cheers...........jamster