Suggestions

Hi, Got an admit from College of William and Mary, Virginia(Fulltime MBA). Got both scholarship(1st yr) and GA(2nd yr). Can anybody divulge any detail about the school? Arka

Hi,
Got an admit from College of William and Mary, Virginia(Fulltime MBA).
Got both scholarship(1st yr) and GA(2nd yr). Can anybody divulge any detail about the school?

Arka

hi arka,

Got an admit from College of William and Mary, Virginia(Fulltime MBA).
Got both scholarship(1st yr) and GA(2nd yr). Can anybody divulge any detail about the school?

first hand hearty congrats..
m also a novice in this regard.
but think i may trouble u by asking these...

* hve ny idea abt the ranking of that univ?
* how abt ur score yaar?
* when did u apply? means hw abt the deadlines?
think this may be helpful to others tooo

thanks n regards,
DM

hey,
congrats for the free ride MBA.
I only know that it ranks in the 70s in FT rankings..

Why did u apply for the very school?? wat other schools hv u apped for??

dear... plz let us know ur profile and career goals and stuff.

Hi as far I know,
It ranks 23rd in Forbes list, 29th among American b-schools in FT rankings, around 50 or something in BusinessWeek.
It has got a small strength.......and there is a concept of exceutive partner in the school.........I spoke to the alumnus and found it good.......and infact still speaking to others..........and also looked out for some schols and GAs(for fundings) while applying

My profile:
GMAT: 670
Engineer
3.5 years in IT

If anyone knows any extra info, please let me know.........

Hi as far I know,
It ranks 23rd in Forbes list, 29th among American b-schools in FT rankings, around 50 or something in BusinessWeek.
It has got a small strength.......and there is a concept of exceutive partner in the school.........I spoke to the alumnus and found it good.......and infact still speaking to others..........and also looked out for some schols and GAs(for fundings) while applying.

I believe the decision must be due to the school's teaching methodology....right?

hey,
congrats for the free ride MBA.
I only know that it ranks in the 70s in FT rankings..
Why did u apply for the very school?? wat other schools hv u apped for??
dear... plz let us know ur profile and career goals and stuff.

Just read the following from a post somewhere else:

before applying to a particular B-school... Ask these Qs to yourself...
  1. Forget the ranking and numbers about it...Do the rankings really hold good for this school?
  2. Is there a good chance of netting a job after the MBA?
  3. Is the location convenient to you?
  4. Is their teaching methodology fits in your ideas and expectations?
  5. Would the B-school making significant impact on your career goals and path?
If you find convincing answer for these Qs... simply go for it...
Remember a 40th ranked B-school is no better than a 50th ranked one TO YOU if the better ranked school doen't fit your expectations.

Ya......you are absolutely correct..............ranking doesn't matter much......
The teaching methodology is really good......
For last two years all 20 Indians were placed(19 within 3 months after graduation).......
Virginia is one of the prominent places, close to Washington DC and NewYork.........
About significant impact on my career, I have to wait n watch............
Relatively low budget prog........relevant to me atlst......