Suggestions Needed

Hi, I am a IT Engineer working in Canada. I have more than 7 years of experience. I am in process of preparation for GMAT, and MBA following that. The issue is that, considering my personal financial stand, I cannot afford to pay anything fro…

Hi,

I am a IT Engineer working in Canada. I have more than 7 years of experience. I am in process of preparation for GMAT, and MBA following that. The issue is that, considering my personal financial stand, I cannot afford to pay anything from my pocket towards MBA, i.e. my wallet is empty. I do not have anybody who can be a guarantor etc. In simple words, completely Independent, Single guy. But I can dedicate myself for the MBA, no problem. I am also pretty confident that I can perform well in GMAT.

The question is this, "Should I go ahead with my dreams of MBA, or Kill it?". This Idea of starting up, and then thinking that I will not be able to pay, and closing the books, is taking a toll on my confidence level.

Your help much appreciated.

Hi,

I am a IT Engineer working in Canada. I have more than 7 years of experience. I am in process of preparation for GMAT, and MBA following that. The issue is that, considering my personal financial stand, I cannot afford to pay anything from my pocket towards MBA, i.e. my wallet is empty. I do not have anybody who can be a guarantor etc. In simple words, completely Independent, Single guy. But I can dedicate myself for the MBA, no problem. I am also pretty confident that I can perform well in GMAT.

The question is this, "Should I go ahead with my dreams of MBA, or Kill it?". This Idea of starting up, and then thinking that I will not be able to pay, and closing the books, is taking a toll on my confidence level.

Your help much appreciated.

I am very surprised by your post.Sure,some applicants may have family or personal savings to help pay for their education..but many others don't.That's what loans are for.And I am sure you can get loans based on your employment history.Moreover,the US schools especially are wonderful with scholarships.There are so many options.My advice--do a thorough introspection of yourself-your professional goals-find the right school to meet your goals--find out about their scholarship options-find out about loans--and that's it. You are there.There's isnt any need for your confidence to suffer because you may not be able to fund your MBA as the majority of the candidates do not come to a B School with their complete fees paid through their own savings . Good luck and am sure you would get what you want!