Stuck @ first step - Need Help

Hi Everyone, I am targetting class of 2011 or 2012. Keen on Europe and Indian B-Schools (ISB, IIMA-PGPX). Looking for some experts to evaluate my profile. Xth = 73% 3 year Diploma (Computer Science) = 67.18% B.Tech (IT) = 71% (…

Hi Everyone,

I am targetting class of 2011 or 2012. Keen on Europe and Indian B-Schools (ISB, IIMA-PGPX). Looking for some experts to evaluate my profile.

Xth = 73%

3 year Diploma (Computer Science) = 67.18%

B.Tech (IT) = 71% (I would fall in the top 20% of my class)

MBA (Internation Biz) Full time from University Business School, Chandigarh= 65.5% (hardly 10% people would fall in bracket >65%)

Total Work ex = 5 years (1 Year preMBA +4 years Post MBA)

Work ex Breakup -

Pre MBA
1 Year After B.Tech as a system engineer in Web Based solution Development company.

Post MBA
1.5 years with a PC manufaturer & IT Hardware Distributor major as a Product manager
2.5 years in a Implementation and Sales consulting role for Enterprise products with Infosys.

Not so great ECs (Just participated in sports and some college level events)
Associated with a NGO at current company and volunteered in few events.

Now, I am targeting class of 2011 or even 2012. So with the above profile I have few questions:
1. What are my chances with Top 20 B-Schools?
2. What should be my target GMAT Score?
3. Most Importantly, how would my MBA be treated? Is it an advantage or disadvantage?

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I am targetting class of 2011 or 2012. Keen on Europe and Indian B-Schools (ISB, IIMA-PGPX). Looking for some experts to evaluate my profile.

Xth = 73%

3 year Diploma (Computer Science) = 67.18%

B.Tech (IT) = 71% (I would fall in the top 20% of my class)

MBA (Internation Biz) Full time from University Business School, Chandigarh= 65.5% (hardly 10% people would fall in bracket >65%)

Total Work ex = 5 years (1 Year preMBA +4 years Post MBA)

Work ex Breakup -

Pre MBA
1 Year After B.Tech as a system engineer in Web Based solution Development company.

Post MBA
1.5 years with a PC manufaturer & IT Hardware Distributor major as a Product manager
2.5 years in a Implementation and Sales consulting role for Enterprise products with Infosys.

Not so great ECs (Just participated in sports and some college level events)
Associated with a NGO at current company and volunteered in few events.

Now, I am targeting class of 2011 or even 2012. So with the above profile I have few questions:
1. What are my chances with Top 20 B-Schools?
2. What should be my target GMAT Score?
3. Most Importantly, how would my MBA be treated? Is it an advantage or disadvantage?

Thanks

Why dont you start by telling why do you want to do an MBA again ? I know this is not unusual, but what are your reasons ?
What was that you did not learn in previous MBA, that you want to do it now ?
Or is it the big-mba-ivy-league-stamp that you are after, or you think an MBA from IIM will bring you bigger $$$$ package $$$$ ?
A little advice - next time use an appropriate subject. Also if you could search in the forum, there are already lots of threads on double mba and related.