Strathclyde Business School 2008

Hi guys, I have 4 years IT Engineering / Product Management exprience with the Aussie telecom in Melbourne. And have a conditional offer from Strathclyde School of Business starting sept 08. Could you please answer my queries below regard…

Hi guys,

I have 4 years IT Engineering / Product Management exprience with the Aussie telecom in Melbourne.
And have a conditional offer from Strathclyde School of Business starting sept 08.
Could you please answer my queries below regarding this business school:
- How is the academic curriculum? And how are the oppurtunities for leadership and personality development?
- Does it have any good clubs to improve / pursue different interests and activities?
- I've heard that it is not in the HSMP list anymore. Is that true?
- I've also heard it is not good for majoring in marketing. And SBS'ians find it hard to score projects at the end. Is that all true?
- Finally, What are the job prospects in India and UK after a SBS MBA degree? Do companies in India recognise SBS as a tier 1 MBA college like ISB, IIM etc.
I have got mixed advice from few of the aluminis and Indians in UK I have spoken with. And hence really confused.

Please advise guys!!!

Thanks a ton,
Akash

Hello Aki Singh,

it was nice to know that you have an unconditional offer from SBS.
How have you decided upon this at this junction , is it going well, have you got unconditional offer. I called up the University for some alumni list so that I could talk to them but they wont give me. I am a bit confused. Do you have some one whom you know from SBS. I too am planning to goto SBS so why not we talk . My mobile number is 9868233692 or 9858827243. Call me anytime convenient to you.

Yashwant Sinha

Hi Yashwant,

Yes, I've been accepted at SBS after my interview and presently I hold an unconditional offer from them.
I do not know any alumini however, based on my research / investigations I have found that:
- SBS is a good B school though not comparable to LBS, Cambridge, oxford and even warwick.
- SBS is not a great option if one would like to work in India straight after MBA
- Keep the cost in mind > $19000 tution - excluding the living costs
- It is fairly easy to get into as it doesn't consider GMAT too much however, wieghs ones professional profile heavily.

At this point in time, I have decided to give it a miss as it doesn't align with my personal and career goals.

I am in Melbourne, so let us know if you still would like to call my mobile as I am happy to assist you further on phone.

Wish you all the best.

Regards,
Akash

Hey Guys...

I too hold an offer from strathclyde starting sept 08... I also have an offer from Leeds, Bradford and Nottingham.

Currently am inclined to leeds and strathclyde... Plz help me in my decision...

Hi!!
I also have an offer from bradford and hopefully will be gettin one from Strathclyde as well. What I've been able to gather is that bradford is a good college but they wont guarrantee u the placements...for that matter no college would!....I've come to know that the placement scene in nottingham is better as some good companies are comin there.......Bradford is known to be good for marketing as people do get good offers after completing their marketing mba from there.

But still am not very sure about the placement scene in uk, that whether asians do get good packages or not!.....Plz do share some info if u chance upon any.

Is anyone here joining Strathclyde MBM in Sept 08?

Hello Aki Singh,

it was nice to know that you have an unconditional offer from SBS.
How have you decided upon this at this junction , is it going well, have you got unconditional offer. I called up the University for some alumni list so that I could talk to them but they wont give me. I am a bit confused. Do you have some one whom you know from SBS. I too am planning to goto SBS so why not we talk . My mobile number is or . Call me anytime convenient to you

Yashwant, please remove your phone number from your post, because forum rules do not permit sharing of contact info. You can use the PM facility to exchange email ids and phone numbers. :)

Good luck for Strathclyde!
rohitravi Says
Is anyone here joining Strathclyde MBM in Sept 08?

Rohit, I'd suggest you try interacting with some folks on http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/international-indian-mba-schools-accepting/28596-strathclyde-business-school-2008-a.html#post1113108 to get more info.

@Mods, please close this thread.

Hi I have an unconditional offer for the MBM programme and have taken it up.

Anyone else joining in Sept for the same course?

Hi Yashwant,

I have also received admit from SBS .. and am contemplating the Post MBA scenario.. in UK.. have really got some mixed views on the same... plz go through the mail below that I have received from an ex strath student...

See I will give you my personal feedback on the college ....it is ok in terms of teachin materials and other stuff ,,,but there are too many i ndians

it was great to be here till last that the reason i came here for was HSMP work permit which one wud get automtically from passing here ,,,,,

In terms of workin in UK it is not that great ....but just think of it your experience will fetch you a job of 20000 to 35000 pounds per year that too with reat difficulty and after deduction of various taxes of forty percent and living expenses u r left with nothin

i wud advise u to come here only if you want an mba degree from uk in ur cv and ready to spend that monet say fifteen laks and go back to india ....

i hope that helps ... plz share ur experiences too...

regards,
Mitesh

Hi folks...
I have applied to bradford and strathclyde business school.....Could you please let me know which one is better??

Work Exp-- 4 years in IT
Acads---- Quite good with a 75% in Btech CS
Extra curricular--- Good
Career Goal----- Shift from Hard core development job to managerial position....

DO let me know if it is worth spending 18Lacs for an MBA from these colleges...

Thanks in advance'
winanks

mits! good to know u got offer frm leeds plz tell the prospects of leeds...its placement and admission process etc..is it too late to apply now..when did you apply and when did u get final offer ..plz reply!

Hey Guys...

I too hold an offer from strathclyde starting sept 08... I also have an offer from Leeds, Bradford and Nottingham.

Currently am inclined to leeds and strathclyde... Plz help me in my decision...
Hi I have an unconditional offer for the MBM programme and have taken it up.

Anyone else joining in Sept for the same course?

yeah hi rohit....

this is siddhant. i've also been given an unconditional offer for MBM. Would join in sept.

what is your take on it?

Hi,

any one joining the Strathclyde MBM course starting sept end this year may please mail me at [email protected] . I dont want to be alone there.
:bigear:
thanks.....do reply...

hi rohit i am joining the MBM programme this sept.

any info you want on the strathclyde MBA please visit Strathclyde Business School

Hey what is your email address.I got unconditional offer from starthcylde and hence wanted to ask you some things.

Hey what is your email address.I got unconditional offer from starthcylde and hence wanted to ask you some things.did u join the school in 2008

Hey what is your email address.I got unconditional offer from starthcylde and hence wanted to ask you some things.did u join the school in sep 2008