Starting Study group for GMAT at Bangalore - 21st Oct '12 First meet

Hi all , Names Tarun ,marine engineer by prof with 4 yrs Exp. Looking at the trends in other threads, I’m not able to figure out whether the study groups actually take off. On a positive note I’m staring a study group & inviting members who a…

Hi all ,
Names Tarun ,marine engineer by prof with 4 yrs Exp.
Looking at the trends in other threads, I'm not able to figure out whether the study groups actually take off. On a positive note I'm staring a study group & inviting members who are interested.Cant say i have all the study material but i'm sure we can share whatever we have & learn from each other.

Rendezvous - Ramamurthy nagar,1030 hrs, 21st OCt 12. Kindly P M to confirm

Hi, interesting to note your profile, i'm a navigating officer, 1 year experience. planning to give gmat early next year. am located in manipal. cant say i will join your study group, but would be interested to know how your efforts go. good luck.
also, related, are you planning to stay in the marine industry post mba? what is your perspective.
cheers!

i @pagal_pavan said:
Hi, interesting to note your profile, i'm a navigating officer, 1 year experience. planning to give gmat early next year. am located in manipal. cant say i will join your study group, but would be interested to know how your efforts go. good luck. also, related, are you planning to stay in the marine industry post mba? what is your perspective.cheers!
hi pavan , always nice to talk to a mariner. Would love to continue with the marine field but i'm not restricting myself to it . Intend to explore the management field before i take the final call. Will keep u updated with the study group.All the best & godspeed.

@scoobadude good to hear from you too, noted on your interests, i believe you have the right amount of work experience (4 years) to pursue mba abroad. What are your plans to get recommendation letters? have you sailed with same crew repeatedly?
I have read in the ISB forums, the admin director saying, that we could get recommendation letters from the crew whom we have sailed with. What is your view on this?
btw, when do you planed your G-day?
regards & cheers

I'm in touch with my senior officers and contemporaries . I havn't started shortlisting on the people whome i would approach for recommendations. What if the people i refer for recom. are on sail ? what should be the content ? are some of my queries too.

Regarding work exp, are u considering only the sailing period or the date from which you have started working for the company.As far as gmat is concerned ,its been some time since i last picked up any education related book. How abt you ,when are planning to give ur gmat ? & are you applying for foreign univ too . At present i'm lookng at ISB. You could message me your email id & phone number , we could have a detailed conversation

Thats good that you are in touch with your colleagues. I understand the tricky nature of asking for recommendations from onboard crew, its kindof an unusual thing in our field.

Well regarding work experience I'm also in doubt as we have considerable "off" periods in a year, but my interpretation is like this, as colleges ask for "full time so and so years experience" and the fact of the matter is we are "in service" once we start with a company, weather in permanent employment or contract basis, thats just the nature of this industry.

I believe it is going to add value to our profile if the "off" time goes productively, like say with an extra curricular activity. what do you think of such interpretation.
Yes, even my academic levels are in a state not worth boasting about.

my email id is pavan 339 (at) gmail (dot) com; pls email me I dont want to post my phone number here.
Cheers!

Hey Hi Scoobadude................im from bangalore ..............can you suggest some study material to start off

hi guysi'm kiran from b'lore....
guys i'm plannin on takin GMAT exams and i need ur suggestions....
i'm an avg. student and do u guys recommend me to take the exams or not....
pls reply asap guys...
@rolfraj said:
Hey Hi Scoobadude................im from bangalore ..............can you suggest some study material to start off
hi rolfraj, can share pdf books which i have managed to collect. I have also managed to get my hands on some the Manhattan online classes (AV lessons)
@kiran23 said:
hi guysi'm kiran from b'lore....guys i'm plannin on takin GMAT exams and i need ur suggestions....i'm an avg. student and do u guys recommend me to take the exams or not....pls reply asap guys...
Hey kiran would love to hear about ur profile before i suggest u something

Hi Scoobadude,

sure can you mail me on raj(dot)theperfectionist(attherate)gmail(dot)com.
Do you know any gud coaching classes?
@rolfraj said:
Hi Scoobadude,sure can you mail me on raj(dot)theperfectionist(attherate)gmail(dot)com.Do you know any gud coaching classes?
type in the 'gmat' string in torrentz (dot) com u'll get the pdf files
@scoobadude hi scooba...:-) i'm doing my bbm final yr .... i don't hav much of a profile... and i'm considering it a lot... do i hav shot...?