Stand Up Comedy - Whats the deal with it!

Apt time to start this thread and apparently, there is no thread on this topic yet. Well, stand up india is about 4-5 years old, prior to that, we only had Laughter challenge style of clean stand up comedy ( by clean i mean, TV networks styl…

Apt time to start this thread and apparently, there is no thread on this topic yet.

Well, stand up india is about 4-5 years old, prior to that, we only had Laughter challenge style of clean stand up comedy ( by clean i mean, TV networks style of clean with hanky-panky stuff). The scene has kind of exploded in the last one year or so with many live shows albeit not many real good comics. (All MBAs- read this as opportunity)

This thread will be about Discovering New Comedians from across the Universe or lets just stick to planet Earth given that Internet has its own limitations ( Its like discovering New Music), Sharing clips of the artists taht you love, discussion on anything to do with stand up comedy esp, the kind of stuff that you like a comedian to do.

Also, les discuss on the Stand up scene in India, how is it maturing (not growing up though ;)) what to do if anyone wants to get into Stand up scene etc etc, you get the drift, you smart peoples.

To start with, here is a clip from my favorite comic - RIP George Carlin

Boy!

Cut down the Ten Commandments!!

You know her but maybe from the other Side. She is the smartest this side 😃

Another legend left too early. Funnier than the lot!

So Damn true and Freaking Funny!

Clarity b/w black people and Niggars!

You know something is gaining ground if TV people get excited about it.

Stand up comedy show on NDTV

A: I have the perfect son.
B: Does he smoke?
A: No, he doesn't.
B: Does he drink whiskey?
B: Does he ever come home late?
B: I guess you really do have the perfect son. How old is he?
A: He will be six months old next Wednesday. 

Patient: Doctor, I have a pain in my eye whenever I drink tea.
Doctor: Take the spoon out of the mug before you drink.  

A. Just look at that young person with the short hair and blue jeans. Is it a boy or a girl?
B: It's a girl. She's my daughter.
A: Oh, I'm sorry, sir. I didn't know that you were her father.
B: I'm not. I'm her mother.