St. Xavier College Soc.'s Xavier Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai

Bombay St. Xavier College Soc.'s Xavier Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai This colege has been added for MMS course from this year.. Is it the same St. Xaviers college. If so its a very good college. How would you guys rank...

Bombay St. Xavier College Soc.'s Xavier Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai

This colege has been added for MMS course from this year..

Is it the same St. Xaviers college. If so its a very good college.

How would you guys rank it ??

hi there
as far as i no,st xaviers mumbai runs only prt time MBA course..so shudnt it be a diff col
experts plz comment

where is this college .........is it the first yr for the college ........is the same st xaviers college at VT .or some other ...some one please throw some light

xaviers coll is dmn gud (degree coll) but since its the first year as far as MMS is concerned can't say anything.. also placements really won't be gr8

Hi,

I have been doin some research on xaviers.. asking people.. reading online.. and wt now.. got to knw that the college was rank amongst the top most for its various degree programs (arts, commerce and science). Rest its gonna be governed by the same body which promotes XLRI jamshedpur.. and they gonna fetch the corporates from XLRI's goodwill.. so they do promise a good placement season too.. plus they have got an entire building done to take up the mms (3 floors).

i am to go and chk out the college by tomorrow.. will post my reviews then..

Hi,

I have been doin some research on xaviers.. asking people.. reading online.. and wt now.. got to knw that the college was rank amongst the top most for its various degree programs (arts, commerce and science). Rest its gonna be governed by the same body which promotes XLRI jamshedpur.. and they gonna fetch the corporates from XLRI's goodwill.. so they do promise a good placement season too.. plus they have got an entire building done to take up the mms (3 floors).

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/alumni-discussions/17019-new-role-in-job.html?posted=1#post545234

:

its a good degree college
but its better to give it a skip since this is the first batch
and the placements arent gonna be good

how can u be so sure about the placements not being good..?

been asking around
i got a management seat there
they didnt assure me anything tho
so i decided against it

so now?? wt do u plan to do.. ?

dunno next year now
this sucks
i wish i had a better college

Hi!!
friends not sure about this college..first batch..would be risky to take....hope i get into ies or sies good colleges....no placement as yet..how can we be sure..

i guess there wont be placements this year..one would have to find summer internshipa nd final placements on own...would be a great risk..try out for sies,ies,etc..better collges..if any has some info abt other colls then plz post..

hi guys.. i dunno what to fathom of all this.. but one thngis for sure.. any college makes it big after a few yrs after its inception.. xaviers ahs been in the mgmt trainign sinc 1971 it was termed as one of the best colleges for comerce, science and arts.. latyear they ventured into engg and they picke up well thr too..

i happen to talk to the director and he mentioned that he is goin to treat this as a global mba program and not merely as mms.. the case studies r gonna be from harvard, stanford and likes and studens wud be learning spanish and chinese languages.. too..

they have built up a new facility to train mba.. not like sydenhams..

a placement cell is in place to work out things for students.. and isnt the primary aim for any MBA is to gain knowlege and make ourself more employable?? y is it that we choose an institute based on its placement prospects.. that means we are not sure abt ourselves..

wt if u get into a good college but during the placement season good companies dont turn up?? then wt r u gonna blame..

mba programs at all places r the same.. every 3 - 5 yrs thrz gonna be a new portion so and add ons.. so wt really matters now is gettin started..

so to say xaviers has a grt track record for quality training and strong alumni too..

for people who arent convince i wud suggest to try yr luck at admissions against cancellations..

any update here???

If u ppl r rating these kinda college then wat will u ppl say abt KC coll of Mgmt studies...hows the coll??placements???
Plz throw some light on it as ppl can have some idea abt different coll and accordingly decide upon....

are all the seats in xaviers full .............or management seats still avaliable .........any info is greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Sumit Is it U???

does neone hv ne idea abt the second round adission for St. xavier instt??
also wud be of gr8 help if someone cud post the website for the coll ....
thanks