st.joseph college-bangalore-any inputs??

hi, St Joseph Colege Of Business Administration, B’lore had only one batchout till date. but it is said to be the best in south india for HR. can any one tell me about the college i.e. course content, & placements. :: :

hi,
St Joseph Colege Of Business Administration, B'lore had only one batchout till date. but it is said to be the best in south india for HR.

can any one tell me about the college i.e. course content, & placements.

:

Heard for the 1st time ....

hi,
St Joseph Colege Of Business Administration, B'lore had only one batchout till date. but it is said to be the best in south india for HR.

can any one tell me about the college i.e. course content, & placements.

:

never heard about this college.....hope foll web site help u which i got from google:)
http://www.sjcba.ac.in/
Mods, Please change the title of the thread, its kinda vague.

@keshav - as summit said, try googling; or post on the Blore thread, if the junta outta there has any idea, 'll pour in their thoughts.

ive heard of the college1it used to be very well known in blore circles but now im not so sure...

hi,

was in blr for 5 years...heard is good in hr but if u can crack better places it is always advisable...St Josephs wouldnt be a gr8 idea if u r looking for MBA as a career...but if u r desperate to get into it and not able to make it anywhere else it wouldnt be a bad idea 2..I have a senior who has a passed out this yr..he said its not bad but still a long way behind.

Try speaking to guys there.It might be of good help.

hi,

was in blr for 5 years...heard is good in hr but if u can crack better places it is always advisable...St Josephs wouldnt be a gr8 idea if u r looking for MBA as a career...but if u r desperate to get into it and not able to make it anywhere else it wouldnt be a bad idea 2..I have a senior who has a passed out this yr..he said its not bad but still a long way behind.

Try speaking to guys there.It might be of good help.

Perfectly put. Think about it you are going to invest the next two years into a college about which you (and hardly anyone else) has heard about. St. Josephs has brand equity at the under-grad level but for an MBA program ..........

So think about it. If you feel you just need the tag and have the steam to do it yourself through aptitude and networking then you might want to go about it. Certainly this is not a college on the 1st list of anyone. More like a backup plan if nothing else works.

Arun

its not worth 7.5 lakhs at all.
but that would be a very vague way to tell. let me substantiate

why you should not join:
1. small campus: so if you are expecting a lively campus life with lots of activity and fun then find some other place
2. strict and illogical dress code: the appropriateness of the clothes you wear is decided by the watchman. so one has to dress up as per his "dressing sense", or else sent back home. i nearly missed my trimester exam bcoz of this.
3. the top brass are not dynamic, rigid and do not entertain any change no matter how good it is.
4. faculty is not good as per my experience. the senior staff namely RASHMI NAKRA MAAM, SURESH HERUR SIR, SHIVANANADAM SIR, etc.are exceptional. but others are not upto expectations.
5. lack of infrastructure: at 7.5 lakhs other colleges offer gymnasium, swimming pool, auditorium,sports facilities, huge campus, hostel etc... sjcba lacks on all these fronts.
6. placements: placements are in tune of 4 lpa. spending 7.5 to earn 4 lpa is not wise in anyway.(considering the dull college life).

SWOT ANALYSIS:
STRENGTH:
josephs brand name.. (works in bangalore atleast)
a couple of good faculty
good students... we won the mount carmel fest and christ college fest recently.
WEAKNESS:
severe lack of infrastructure
shortsighted management
lack of innovation by management.
high fees as compared to facilities. not value for money.

OPPORTUNITY:
can scale new heights as arch rival chirst college is in controversy,
brand name of josephs can be marketed in a better way by bringing in some changes.

THREAT:
XIME is a potential threat.

P.S.: the dean has been changed 3 times in last 3 years so you can imagine how stable is the college management.
2008-Dr. Mohan Gopinath
2009- dolphy abrahim
2010- vidya balasubramaniyam

Reality Check.
This is not one of the best colleges out there.
The students who come here are not the
crme de la crme.
In house faculty has two exceptional names one in Finance(Herur) other in HR(Nakra).
The visiting faculty like Mr. Mohan Kuruvilla and Mr. Shivanand do give knowledge par excellence.

This is not the best college out there but,
it is the best for the underdogs of this world.

In this world of open education where webcasts of Harvard and CBS are easily available there lies no dearth of knowledge to obtain. That what is not available freely is the hunger to learn and the rigor to sustain the same.

What matters not is the roof we stand under but the heart that beats within.
And the hunger yes the hunger to win.