St Gallen MBA thread

All I am a student at Univ of St Gallen pursuing an MBA currently. Pls post any questions you may have.

All
I am a student at Univ of St Gallen pursuing an MBA currently. Pls post any questions you may have.

Hello
Sorry for the delay in giving a reply, I was held up with tests and paper submissions.
Class size = 43
Indians in current batch = 8 (no women).

GMAT score ranges from about 670 - 720 for Indians.
In terms of experience, 4 Indians have about 3-5 years. Three Indians have 10-11 years work exp, and one has about 15 years.

It is difficult to make a generalisation of the profile as the work experience in number of years is varied. Also only 4 are from the IT industry, the others are from Engineering.

Getting job offers has always been a HUGE problem for Indians due to 2 reasons.
a. (Lack of) Swiss/EU citizenship
b. (Lack of) German language skills.
In the last batch only 4 Indians got job offers (Accenture, Deutsche post, SAP & a local Management Consulting company). The other 5 Indians had to return home.
CORRECTION: One person joined Deloitte. So jobless Indians = 4.
St Gallen is known for two Industries - Finance & Management Consulting.
Finance jobs are mostly located in Zurich. With the recent/on-going turmoil, many Financial Institutions are shedding jobs, not to speak of recruiting.
Business Consulting jobs require EXCELLENT command over (either) German (and) French.

So for someone who has good German language skills (or is confident of picking it up very well in about 8 months) and has good contacts in the German region of Europe, St Gallen would be a good choice.

I hope this helps...

Hello
You are asking me for an opinion and I won't be able to give you one here. Please send me your mail ID via a PM and I will be happy to send you a reply.
Bye!

Hi PGs,

I am happy to share that I have got a full admission for the full time MBA at St.Gallen.

Is one else apping / having an admit?

congrats. Where else have you been accepted?

I m suprised that this thread is not very active.
One question, Indians who are not placed, are they successful in finding a jobs in india?
What made you guys select st gallen?

Hi thick_guy_9,
Thanks for the input .Can you please also shed some light into how feasible it is for someone from IT background to change his/her stream to finance (given it's a one year course and no internship).

Please can you also share your contact details or mail them to me .I got a call from this university and want to have more inputs.

thanks again

Hello
Sorry for the delay in giving a reply, I was held up with tests and paper submissions.
Class size = 43

In terms of experience, 4 Indians have about 3-5 years. Three Indians have 10-11 years work exp, and one has about 15 years.

It is difficult to make a generalisation of the profile as the work experience in number of years is varied. Also only 4 are from the IT industry, the others are from Engineering.

In the last batch only 4 Indians got job offers (Accenture, Deutsche post, SAP & a local Management Consulting company). The other 5 Indians had to return home.
Finance jobs are mostly located in Zurich. With the recent/on-going turmoil, many Financial Institutions are shedding jobs, not to speak of recruiting.
Business Consulting jobs require EXCELLENT command over (either) German (and) French.

So for someone who has good German language skills (or is confident of picking it up very well in about 8 months) and has good contacts in the German region of Europe, St Gallen would be a good choice.

I hope this helps...
Hello
Class size = 43

Hi thick_guy,

I thought I would set the record straight on this one. On the number of students you are nearly correct, and on the GMAT scores you are close but not right. However on the employment stats you are 'slightly' mis-informed.

You identified 5 companies of the graduates in europe, however there were 10 Indian graduates last year. Of whom only 2 returned to India to look for jobs.

All in all, the Class of 2008 had pretty good stats and if you would like to talk to us about the information in more detail please feel free to get in touch as I can't post specific information on the internet.

Now as a disclaimer, getting a job as a non-EU citizen is not easy. The current economic situation is not the best, and German skills do improve your chances (hence German language classes are compulsory). But with hard work and a positive attitude, 64% of our Indian graduates over the last 5 years have secured employment in Europe (mainly Switzerland) and another 10% have secured their targeted employment else where in the world.

St.Gallen Admissions Office
Whose words to go by! The words of Thick-guy, who is a current student at St. Gallen or the words of the admissions team of St. Gallen, who are reluctant to give specific info!

I agree that it is important to know the specifics of students from previous years, but you must understand the delicacy of actually posting information on graduates that is too specific. As an institution we simply cannot post this information on a public forum.

This is why we invite anyone who is interested to get in touch and talk to one of our alumni. We have alumni from last year's class who are happy and willing to talk about their experiences. This offer is also open to thick_guy...
Hello
You are asking me for an opinion and I won't be able to give you one here. Please send me your mail ID via a PM and I will be happy to send you a reply.
Bye!

Hi.
I'm an international applicant with 2.5 yrs of work-ex. Do you have any student in the current batch with Since you are pursuing one of the best MBAs in the german speaking world, i would like to know your opinion about Manheim and Goethe(Franfurt) full time MBA programme. How do the graduates from these schools fair in the job market overther, particularly in finance?

Thanks