St. Gallen MBA Taking Questions

Hi Guys! I’m a current student of the St. Gallen MBA program. I’m starting this thread to help prospective students gain info about this wonderful course. for basic questions however, i would recommend that you go through the initial posts of …

Hi Guys!
I'm a current student of the St. Gallen MBA program. I'm starting this thread to help prospective students gain info about this wonderful course.
for basic questions however, i would recommend that you go through the initial posts of my blog(Stuart Little Gets an MBA at St Gallen!).
Go ahead and fire in your questions :)
Stuart

So very nice of you to offer help here! Thanks!

St. Gallen MBA looked pretty good, but there was no "insider" information available from any student or alumnus. Your blog is the first one to give the prospective students a true picture from inside.

I don't have any question though 😃 I was researching St. Gallen, but later on decided to go for US or UK mainly because I am lazy and didn't want to learn one more language.

Just wanted to thank you for the initiative!

Hi,

I have researched quite a bit on St Gallen and got to know the its reputation is quite unparalleled in grman speaking region. But i have one question for you.
How are the placements for an Indian there ? Do indians get placed specially since we are from non-EU, non-German speaking people. Hows it if we learn German. It would be great help to all of us here if you can thro some light on the placements and job market for Indians.

Thanks.

Hey TRahul,
thanks for ur interest in St Gallen.
Indians are a competitive breed.. almost all of them are based in and around Zurich.

I understand that the job placement scenario at indian B-schools is quite different and i have addressed these points specifically in the post http://mba-hsg.blogspot.com/2007/11/jobs-b-schools-to-business-practice.html
About the language.. a good grip on the german language is very beneficial in terms of broadening ur scope of job opportunities .. however, switzerland also has one of the most international companies.. so u should find a decent job nevertheless! Also, the german language requirement varies from company to company.. i have discussed this issue to some extent in this post http://mba-hsg.blogspot.com/2007/12/block-ii-opportunities-galore.html
and finding a good job is also a question of fit.. and own efforts..
hope this helps!
Stuart

Thanks Stuart. I have read your blog and Let me tell you my interest level has exponentially increased after going through your blog. Thanks for putting such info.

Can you please comment on admission ? How easy/tough it is to get-in ? Any idea about applicant:admit ratio ? And yes, i also could not find much info on scholarship.. Is it easy to get some scholarship?

Thanks.

Hi Guys!
I'm a current student of the St. Gallen MBA program. I'm starting this thread to help prospective students gain info about this wonderful course.
for basic questions however, i would recommend that you go through the initial posts of my blog(Stuart Little Gets an MBA at St Gallen!).
Go ahead and fire in your questions :)
Stuart

Hi Stuart !

Can you please let me know whether St. Gallen mba is suited for somebody who has a long term plan of coming back to india.
Also, is it value for money.

Waiting for ur candid opinion

Stuart,
Thanks for taking the initiative to blog about St Gallen.
Given that St Gallen largely attracts banks which are not doing very well, how does the recruitment scenario look?
How many people have offers on hand? I would appreciate it if you would shed some light on this.
Many thanks.

hi everyone,

I have recieved the admission offer from St Gallen MBA, 2009. It starts on 1st September and so need to confirm the acceptance by 20th June. As I had applied in 4th round, I have recieved the offer just 2 days back and have only 2 months to fix up things before I leave.

Is there any one from India who has got the call and is planning to join St Gallen, 2009 batch. If yes, please mail me on or call me on It would help if we get in touch and plan our travel and other necessities together.

Any one else who would have some useful suggestions, kindly offer.

cheers,

Hi

St Gallen is a great school with the best reputation in the german-speaking areas in the world. The MBA programme is new, however, it is a very good programme.

But as a non-European who want to look for a job in Europe, it is generally difficult but it's not impossible. You are going to learn a lot more also compare to study in India back.

If you want to investigate more about a study life in Switzerland, you may want to go through my blog (Advice to new aspiring MBAs - By a MBA) to know more.

Good luck.

Kind regards,
Thomas

Hey ! even i got an admit from St Gallen MBA, 2009. can u give me ur email id or cell number.

mail me :
cell number :

hi everyone,

I have recieved the admission offer from St Gallen MBA, 2009. It starts on 1st September and so need to confirm the acceptance by 20th June. As I had applied in 4th round, I have recieved the offer just 2 days back and have only 2 months to fix up things before I leave.

Is there any one from India who has got the call and is planning to join St Gallen, 2009 batch. If yes, please mail me on or call me on It would help if we get in touch and plan our travel and other necessities together.

Any one else who would have some useful suggestions, kindly offer.

cheers,
Hey ! even i got an admit from St Gallen MBA, 2009. can u give me ur email id or cell number.

mail me :
cell number :

Hi Kuldeep,

Congrats on your admit... could you please share your interview experience..
any specific questions that you remember...

would be great help... thanks.

Hi
I have given GMAT and got 640 score and am interested to get admission in st.gallen.My elder brother is there.So please give me detail about st.gallen and suggest me what i must do.My email address is [email protected]

Hi I've been admitted to the class of 2011. Do ping me if anyone lands up here that are joining this batch.
Cheers!

hi jaybhaskar

i have taken admission for full time MBA too at St Gallen. Can we share some insights with each other... 😃

hi vlalit.. even i have an admit from st.gallen.. msg me ur contact info.. i shall contact u

Hi Jay,
Do you mind sharing your profile? I am aiming for St. Gallen as well. Thanks

(You can PM me if you want)

Hi Jay,

Would you mind sharing your profile? I'm assuming you would already be there by now if you had decided to join. I'm aiming for this school as well. Appreciate the help.

@sahil : did you already apply? I have just started my app.

I have an interview scheduled for the 21 june and I would like to talk about the college and understand students experiences who have applied before