To gain knowledge and prepare collectively for aao post
Following may be strategy for AAO.... Tier 4 Exam
1) Economics and governance(120 marks)
Step 1- Basic reading of NCERTS (class 11th and 12th). For microeconomics book of 12th no need to focus on numerical part too much.
INDIAN ECONOMY by Shanakar Ganesh (It is simpler than NCERT)
Step 2- After completing anyone of the above books. Give a brief reading of any one of the following books/videos
INDIAN ECONOMY By Ramesh Singh(If you have lot of time)
INDAIN ECONOMY By Sanjiv Verma (It is short so should be preferred)
MRUNAL ECONOMY VIDEOS
2) Accountancy (80 marks)
Above link will suffice for accountancy part. (No need to read anything else)
Step 1- Vision Ias Last 6 monthly monthly current affairs economy part
Step2- Mrunal videos for economic survey and union budget
Step 3- Gk today economy/ business and banking section (For number/data based current questions)
LINK FOR VISION IAS Monthly magazines...
India has experienced persistent and high food inflation in the recent past. What could be the reasons?
- Due to a gradual switchover to the cultivation of commercial crops, the area under the cultivation of food grains has steadily decreased in the last five years by about 30%.
- As a consequence of increasing incomes, the consumption patterns of the% people have undergone a significant change.
- The food supply chain has structural constraints.
Which of the statements given above1 are correct?
(a.) 1 and 2 only
(b.) 2 and 3 only
(c.) 1 and 3 only
(d.) 1, 2 and 3
Which one of the following statements appropriately describes the “fiscal stimulus”?
(a.) It is a massive investment by the Government in manufacturing sector to ensure the supply of goods to meet the demand surge caused by rapid economic growth
(b.) It is an intense affirmative action of the Government to boost economic activity in the country
(c.) It is Government’s intensive action on financial institutions to ensure disbursement of loans to agriculture and allied sectors to promote greater food production and contain food inflation
(d.) It is an extreme affirmative action by the Government to pursue its policy of financial inclusion
Consider the following actions which the Government can take:
- Devaluing the domestic currency.
- Reduction in the export subsidy.
- Adopting suitable policies which attract greater FDI and more funds from FIIs.
Which of the above action/actions can help in reducing the current account deficit?
(a.) 2 and 3
(b.) 1 and 2
(c.) 3 only
(d.) 1 and 3
Any here who gave rbi grade b?
is there any need of appearing for any other exams after clearing tier 4 before getting this post? please clarify
I mean paper 4*
I am an MCA with little knowledge of economics only. How and where should I start from for this post. ??
will a b.com(hons) degree be considered a degree in finance
Bhai promotion ka kya scene hai AAO ka , i hear extremely slow promotions 15-20 years ??
I am preparing for aao
Howz u r preparation
If u thunk like this u will get nothing in life
In ocean of unempltment u have to do what ever come to u r way
This is for people cribbing and misguiding people with wrong information regarding AAO post. Please folks stop this game of trying to reduce competition by wrong means. It is without any doubt the best post under SSC CGL 2016 not only because it has 4800 grade pay , there are many more reasons.
1) The exposure you get here is immense. The work involves auditing balance sheets and expenditure of various PSU'S and government offices.
2) It is the only post in CGL in which you can get to do work related to policy making (after 20 years of service you may reach level of deputy auditor general).
3) As far as promotion is concerned , You can rise to level of senior deputy auditor general which is equivalent to IRS (Indian Revenue Services). Ya first promotion is slow which takes 6-8 years but after that promotions are fast. (one becomes senior audit officer only 2-4 years after 1st promotion).
4) As far as SAS exam is concerned.The exam is of very basic nature and people circulating fake news regarding it. People already working in CAG at grade pay 4200 when selected for AAO (via internal promotion or via departmental exam) are made to undergo a training and after that exam is conducted. If they fail they are demoted back to their orignal 4200 grade pay. It is first time that direct recruitment of AAO is being conducted so regarding it nothing is clear.
5)Ya the job involves lot of travelling but it is highly subjective that someone likes to travel or not. You can get transferred only after minimum 3 years. You get 600-650Rs (Fixed) per day as travelling allowance when you are working on an assignment that involves travelling. You can easily save half of that amount. (Its not black money but a legal white money).
6) After working for 10-15 years in CAG you can easily switch to private sector consulting firms like BCG , PWC EY , KPMG etc...
There are numerous more positives of this post which without any doubt makes it best post in CGL 2016. People misguiding others stop doing so. (PS: I am not an appointed official of CAG to blabber about its post.)
SOURCE OF INFORMATION: I have a friend of mine working in CAG office . HOPE THIS INFO HELPS ASPIRANTS
Thnxxa ton buddy.. but the thing is dent has already been done.. there so many high scorers who didn't either applied for this post or put it on their 4/5th no of preference.. hail rumour mongers!