SSC CGL 2010 : Joining details and other updates

This thread is primarily for those who have qualified in CGL 2010 and are awaiting their joining. Discuss dates, updates, concerns about joining here. If you want to know about/ are appearing in CGL 2001, click.

This thread is primarily for those who have qualified in CGL 2010 and are awaiting their joining. Discuss dates, updates, concerns about joining here.

If you want to know about/ are appearing in CGL 2001, click.

well done bro.u seems an experienced puy. so can u tell me that with 273 rank in iti can I get delhi as my first preference. lucknow is my 2nd preference and kanpur as 3rd?
what's ur rank?

well done bro.u seems an experienced puy. so can u tell me that with 273 rank can I get delhi as my first preference. lucknow is my 2nd preference and kanpur as 3rd?
what's ur rank?

As far as i remember, you were selected as ITI. I dont know for sure but "Bihari on Top" said something like "get in top 100 for posting of ur liking". I think he would be the best person to answer this since he has also been selected as ITI this year.

My rank as shown at the SSC website was SLA/0017. But I chose ASST in CSS and they have postings mainly in Delhi
well done bro.u seems an experienced puy. so can u tell me that with 273 rank in iti can I get delhi as my first preference. lucknow is my 2nd preference and kanpur as 3rd?
what's ur rank?

Posting depends on your merit as well as on your category. If you are a UR candidate than it is almost impossible to get your first three preferences as the number of vacancies in these zones is 70(UR) and the number of candidates selected from these zones are more than 150(UR) upto your rank. Now judge yourself
All the best

Hi Puys..I have a query

God forbid, if we don't get our first preference zone then is there any chance of transfer after joining the allocated zone?? And how many years of minimum service is required for demanding transfer??

Please try to get this information if you know anyone from Excise or IT dept.

Hi Puys..I have a query

God forbid, if we don't get our first preference zone then is there any chance of transfer after joining the allocated zone?? And how many years of minimum service is required for demanding transfer??

Please try to get this information if you know anyone from Excise or IT dept.

Three years service is the minimum requirement for inter zonal transfer in IT. For further details pl. refer itax

Dear brother, yesterday one of my friends went to CBDT who informed that around 180 option forms are yet to be received from candidates, so it will still take around One & half month for zone allocation. But why 700 candidates who have already forwarded their option should suffer for 180 candidates & how long will cbdt wait for their option forms, please give your opinion

Jitesh purohitj Says
Dear brother, yesterday one of my friends went to CBDT who informed that around 180 option forms are yet to be received from candidates, so it will still take around One & half month for zone allocation. But why 700 candidates who have already forwarded their option should suffer for 180 candidates & how long will cbdt wait for their option forms, please give your opinion

Haven't they mentioned any cut-off date for the forms to reach?
Jitesh purohitj Says

As an opinion, I would say the picture is not clear here.

I believe that the pending letters are mainly because of some SSC zones' delay to sending the dossiers of candidates. CBDT has also failed to propagate the option of filling the form online, it should have been placed at a form where Candidates can easily check. I hope all the candidates get a fair chance sending the forms whether they are as informed as we are on PG here.

With that. SSC also needs to take responsibility that the Dossiers should be sent at a deadline. After so much laxity we can only hope that the process completes soon.
what's ur rank?

Posting depends on your merit as well as on your category. If you are a UR candidate than it is almost impossible to get your first three preferences as the number of vacancies in these zones is 70(UR) and the number of candidates selected from these zones are more than 150(UR) upto your rank. Now judge yourself
All the best

For all those selected in CBDT and don't know the pattern of seats available in various regions please go through the following document:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid;=explorer&chrome;=true&srcid;=0BwaqdJxERS4YZWRmZDNkZWEtYmQzYy00NjFjLTk4MmMtMmJmODdhNTUwYjhk&hl;=en

For those who want to analysise further you can have the seat allocation and the preferences filled by the candidates in SSC 2008:
http://www.incometaxindia.gov.in/archive/DeptNews_CandidateList_28092010.pdf

and SSC 2006:

http://www.incometaxindia.gov.in/archive/DeptNews_CGL_15072009.pdf

dear frnd , whn can we expct CSS joining?

Dear Narwal Deepak, I heard from my friend that attestation forms for CSS Asst. have already been despatched to them & their training may commence on 29th May,11. Now Gurpreets, I would like to mention here that dossiers of ITI are yet to be received from NR & CR region. Lets hope they they will reach by 05th April,11. But till option forms are not received by cbdt we can't expect zone allocation. Things are getting delayed due to delay on the part of candidates also. But what can be done, lets hope for early allocation

:
Heyyy Bengalboy... thanks a ton for starting this thread...
and and as per your post on the SSC 2011 thread,
"This is a little off the topic.... intended for those who have already qualified.

The Assistants in CSS are trained at INSTITUTE OF SECRETARIAT TRAINING
AND MANAGEMENT
, Delhi. Their latest training schedule shows training for newly recruited CSS cadres from 23rd May 2011.

Does any one have news whether the training for the previous batch has been completed? If yes, This one is surely for us!!"

i hope this comes out to be true!!... we may start before may end in that case!!!... :drinking:
and now... my querry... the attestation forms for CSS that we have to send, they should be sent at 2nd floor, lok nayak bhavan, khan market, delhi?... correct??..... those selected in CSS, have you sent your attestation forms already???...

Dear Gurpreets, the speed at which cbdt & ssc (fwd of dossiers) are going, I think ITI joining is not possible before July/Aug, what do you say

:
Heyyy Bengalboy... thanks a ton for starting this thread...
and and as per your post on the SSC 2011 thread,
"This is a little off the topic.... intended for those who have already qualified.

The Assistants in CSS are trained at INSTITUTE OF SECRETARIAT TRAINING
AND MANAGEMENT
, Delhi. Their latest training schedule shows training for newly recruited CSS cadres from 23rd May 2011.

Does any one have news whether the training for the previous batch has been completed? If yes, This one is surely for us!!"

i hope this comes out to be true!!... we may start before may end in that case!!!... :drinking:
and now... my querry... the attestation forms for CSS that we have to send, they should be sent at 2nd floor, lok nayak bhavan, khan market, delhi?... correct??..... those selected in CSS, have you sent your attestation forms already???...

I have not received the attestation form yet, so cannot verify the address. Have you received the form yet? If yes, when?

I remember submitting 3 copies of attestation form during my interview, did you do the same?

Any idea what we should do if we do not receive the form?
Jitesh purohitj Says
Dear Gurpreets, the speed at which cbdt & ssc (fwd of dossiers) are going, I think ITI joining is not possible before July/Aug, what do you say

To be optimistic I hope to get the next letter by mid-may and the final joining date as mid-july.
I have not received the attestation form yet, so cannot verify the address. Have you received the form yet? If yes, when?

I remember submitting 3 copies of attestation form during my interview, did you do the same?

Any idea what we should do if we do not receive the form?

i received the form just 2 days back, and they have asked to submit the same within 15 days of the receipt of it... m from northern region and during the interview, we weren't asked to submit the attestation form.. so that might be the reason you haven't received it this time.. and they have sent 4 copies of the form... i guess, the procedure varies a bit with the region you are from but m not sure though...
dudeskn Says
i received the form just 2 days back, and they have asked to submit the same within 15 days of the receipt of it... m from northern region and during the interview, we weren't asked to submit the attestation form.. so that might be the reason you haven't received it this time.. and they have sent 4 copies of the form... i guess, the procedure varies a bit with the region you are from but m not sure though...

Thanks for the update. Please let us know the developments as they take place