SRCC @GBO2010-12: Admission Helpdesk

Hi Puys, This is the official thread for various queries regarding admissions, placements etc for GLOBAL BUSINESS OPERATIONS at SRCC,UNIVERSITY OF DELHI. I m first year student so u can post all your doubts and get personal feedback. ::

Hi Puys,
This is the official thread for various queries regarding admissions, placements etc for GLOBAL BUSINESS OPERATIONS at SRCC,UNIVERSITY OF DELHI. I m first year student so u can post all your doubts and get personal feedback.

Before going into details,i'll give a brief introduction of this course :

GBO(GLOBAL BUSINESS OPERATIONS) was started in SRI RAM COLLEGE OF COMMERCE,UNIVERSITY OF DELHI in 1999. Its a two year post graduate diploma programme {As offered by Other B-SCHOOLS}. It is affiliated to UNIVERSITY OF DELHI. It has total 60 seats { 30-General, 30 Reserved} for which students r selected through a seperate entrance test which is conducted in last week of JAN followed by GD/PI IN MARCH. Its basically MBA in INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS. GBO has certain advantages which are as follows:

1. SRCC brand name {remember puys it really helps especially in future and during placements}:

2. Unparallel faculty .They are like "WALKING ENCYCLOPEDIAS", so u can share loads of knowledge for LONG TERM GAIN IN CORPORATE WORLD.They r one of the best in the country. :o

3. DELHI UNIVERSITY factor. Its really a big brand and a great security when it comes to degree . Anytime better over PRIVATE OR AUTONOMOUS degrees provided by other B-SCHOOLS.

4. ROI. Return on investment is huge, fees for two years is meagre RS 88,600 (44,300 /year). Its certainly best in country after FMS.

5. Quality STUDENTS. SEATS are very less. Success ratio is around 1:200 i.e approx. 12000 competing for 60 odd seats. So Only the best can Enter.

6. LAST but NOT LEAST. QUALITY PLACEMENTS.100% placements in top firms with good profiles as a result of STRONG ALUMNI passed out from this institute...Average package is 7 lakhs. Firms below 5 lakhs ctc are not allowed to recruit.SO U CAN WELL IMAGINE THE RETURNS.

I have tried to provide all the essential information, for further queries or for admission process u can post a reply or can follow the link below
Global Business Operations

We are quite late in starting our thread because of mid term exams and summits like HR SUMMIT, MARKETING SUMMIT followed by GUEST LECTURES by renowned people from industry, So i apologise for the delay...But now its time to get back for some problem solving part...Puys its a request not to ask unnecessary queries and we will also try to bring some knowledge sharing for your future benefit...

..............?

am quite interestd for the gbo course..but the main thing is dat..i hav meagre acdemics like my grads are in 50s...
so well am scared that ,,if also i do well in written ..will i stand a chance with this score?
plz help me out...seniors..shud i go4 da exam???

dude mayb u havnt checked u d website as yet...!! http://www.srcc.edu/
its 75% weightage fer written exam.. 10% gd nd 15% pi..!!
so if u cn really do well in ur written exam, ur almost thru...!!
its a pretty tough nut to crack though.. jus 30 odd seats (general).

thanx a lot dude..75 % for the written is a boon for me..thanx again..i will surely try my level best.....:-P

am quite interestd for the gbo course..but the main thing is dat..i hav meagre acdemics like my grads are in 50s...
so well am scared that ,,if also i do well in written ..will i stand a chance with this score?
plz help me out...seniors..shud i go4 da exam???

U dont need to worry....that's past...be optimistic for future...
Ur grad or any other marks do not play a role here...just perform in your entrance exam and gd/pi...its only the cumulative score that will b counted...
so kick start ur preparation and work hard....If u have any query about exam pattern or anything then feel free to ask.... BEST OF LUCK

Hi,

Can someone provide details on the placements for GBO?

Regards,
Abhi

Hi seniors,

Thanks for the info..

I am BE and having a work ex of 3.5 yeras in a leading MNC.

So, will it be beneficial for a person having relevent exp to join GBO ...also do u have lateral plcmnts...if yes thn wat king of prfls being offered in IT and finnc...

Thanks

Hi,

Can someone provide details on the placements for GBO?

Regards,
Abhi

Hi Abhi,
The placements for the batch 2008 was quite gud every student got
atleast 3 offers...u can imagine that everyone had a range of profiles to
choose from ..avg. package was 7 lakhs ,highest 10 lakhs and lowest was 4.7 lakhs...but the year 2009 was not good {Recession } where only 90% placements took place...avg. package was 5.6(approx)...initially college didn't allow any company below 5 lakh offer...later it was reduced to 4.5...so ceiling
on package was the primary reason for less placements....private B-schools didn't have any such restrictions on placement packages...but SRCC cannot offer any profile to a student just to achieve 100% placements.....I hope ur doubts r clear....
Hi seniors,

Thanks for the info..

I am BE and having a work ex of 3.5 yeras in a leading MNC.

So, will it be beneficial for a person having relevent exp to join GBO ...also do u have lateral plcmnts...if yes thn wat king of prfls being offered in IT and finnc...

Thanks

Hi Abhijeet,
Yours is a valid question...all the university courses have some pros and cons...
In university courses u gets little less exposure and personal attention as compare to private B-Schools...so u'll miss that extravagant atmosphere..but
here u r chrged nothing in terms of fees..and the placements r qualitative..becaz recruiters have faith in their selection process and quality of education..In GBO we have 45% of our class who r havin good xperience...
In senior batch also some have more than 3-4 years of xperience in quality
firms...

We don't have particular time period for lateral placements...bt companies starts coming from 2nd week of october like A C NIELSON is cuming on 9th october and it continues till whole batch is placed...

SRCC is famous in finance circles..so gud profiles and packages r being offered to finance students...but IT companies r not common in any DU courses..
I will provide u further info. once the placements starts in few days...

Hi seniors
I had been looking out for info about SRCC GBO for quiet a long time . Finally found this thread out ! :)

I have few queries . Hope seniors solve them

1 . I am interested in MBA Finance(PGDM as they say in many B schools) or related Finance course at SRCC. I couldn't find the related course information on the site. Is there only one course at SRCC or we can choose between specializations like Marketing , HR or Finance ?

2 . How is the finance placements at SRCC ? If you can , please name some of the BFSI companies visiting campus (with the profiles they offer)

3 . Is the GBO at SRCC an PGDM or an MBA of just a diploma ?

Thanks
Aayush

Hi seniors
I had been looking out for info about SRCC GBO for quiet a long time . Finally found this thread out ! :)

I have few queries . Hope seniors solve them

1 . I am interested in MBA Finance(PGDM as they say in many B schools) or related Finance course at SRCC. I couldn't find the related course information on the site. Is there only one course at SRCC or we can choose between specializations like Marketing , HR or Finance ?

2 . How is the finance placements at SRCC ? If you can , please name some of the BFSI companies visiting campus (with the profiles they offer)

3 . Is the GBO at SRCC an PGDM or an MBA of just a diploma ?

Thanks
Aayush

Hi Aayush,
In delhi university MBA (Finance) is only provided by MFC(Master in finance control). In SRCC its International business which focuses on finance, marketing and hr...u can choose to appear in placements after seeing the recuiters profile...arnd 50% of my batchmates will opt for finance profile..SRCC is famous for finance..so obviously companies coming here r offering attractive profiles & packages...

Some regularly visiting BFSI companies r HDFC Securities,Bain consulting group,DCM Shriram consolidated etc......

Its a PGDM course offered by University of delhi. Plz refer to post 2 of this thread for further clarification...

Hi Puys...Can someone give details abt the exam...No. of questions,No. of sections,marks in each section and the respective cut-offs???

jaimadhav Says
Hi Puys...Can someone give details abt the exam...No. of questions,No. of sections,marks in each section and the respective cut-offs???

Hi Jai,
Last year exam was on 25th Jan..total 160 ques. were there each carrying 4 marks..40 ques./section..i.e verbal,quant,reasoning and gk....GK covers all the areas like history,geo.,science,business etc. so u need to be master of all trades......cut off for general category was 350/640...GBO paper emphasize more on speed unlike CAT..its tougher than NMAT and easier than SNAP..i hope all douts r clear...for further queries u can post ur doubts...

Hi Mods

Well myself ex DU student, i knw d brand value of DU & SRCC itz d best.Did B.Sc(H) Chem 4m Hans Raj Collg 2005 batch n den went on 2 do MCA currently wrkn in an IT cmpny for the last 15 mnths. This yr i am planning 2 sit for GBO xam. i hve d follw'n queries..
1) When d entrance examination form will be available?
2) well i hv seen in d batch profile of SRCC GBO most of d students r graduate wid no wrk exp n age grp: 21-24. myslf post grad,wk ex of 15 mnths n age 26 will age factor n been a post grad be any prob for me during interview process, if i clear d cut offs of written exam??

Thanks

Hey when will the application forms for it will be out...??? and wen is it expected to be held... and plz also tell me how can it be compared to other DU programs such as MIB/MHROD... which among these is better.. GBO or MIB..

I just want to know whether any PSU also comes to college for placement just like they do in MBA collgs also if tey do then what are the positions?

unnatkhetan Says
Hey when will the application forms for it will be out...??? and wen is it expected to be held... and plz also tell me how can it be compared to other DU programs such as MIB/MHROD... which among these is better.. GBO or MIB..

Hi,
As per the last year, admission forms r expected 2 b out on 1st december..last year exam was on 25th Jan i.e last Sunday of Jan...comparison is not allowed in PG...bt i can tell u that all couses under DU (except FMS) have same faculty standards, placements and student quality..only thing is ur area of interest...SO JUST prepare hard..competition is tough...