Splash ur IIMA queries out here

Congrats to all the guys n gals who have made it so far. ATB fr ur next round. We here at A wud try to address various queries u hv regarding A. So feel free to Post ur queries here

Congrats to all the guys n gals who have made it so far. ATB fr ur next round. We here at A wud try to address various queries u hv regarding A. So feel free to Post ur queries here

i was wondering if somebody could post the exact number of total calls made out by iima this time around
this would really help a lot
cheers

hi,

I have got a BLACKI. I would like to know about the hostel accomodation out there at IIMA. pretty lame to begin with, bus still jus curious to know.

Cheers for the initiative Badshahkhan!
was wondering if there are any lawyers in your current batch?? i am from the legal background so was just curious as to whether lawyers do get admitted 2 top b schools...

cheers!!!

was wondering if there are any lawyers in your current batch?? i am from the legal background so was just curious as to whether lawyers do get admitted 2 top b schools...

cheers!!!

yeah we do hv a lawyer in our batch. He is from Mysore side..... aur haan IIMA mein sab kuch nazar aatein hain -Engineer (Obviously !!), Doctors, CAs, Lawyers, Vet, journalist.... the list continues
badshahkhan Says

Thanks a lot Badshah, for this proactive help. I have my interview scheduled on 2nd March, and that will be quite close to the time I will return to India after my current assignment abroad. Is there a chance that IIM-A might consider rescheduling my interview, may be to the second half of March, if I write to them citing my situation?

Thanks In Advance,
APT
hi,

I have got a BLACKI. I would like to know about the hostel accomodation out there at IIMA. pretty lame to begin with, bus still jus curious to know.

I thought there r a lot of queries u might hv regarding A. the hostel one may rank near the bottom amongst them :x

But we hv dorm culture in IIMA. There are around 25 dorms with about 25-30 students in each dorm. n the culture is fabulous. The bonding is strong and u get a lot of time to interact with the dorm mates. There is a common mess n the food there is usually better than the crap most of us had during our engg days
Thanks a lot Badshah, for this proactive help. I have my interview scheduled on 2nd March, and that will be quite close to the time I will return to India after my current assignment abroad. Is there a chance that IIM-A might consider rescheduling my interview, may be to the second half of March, if I write to them citing my situation?

Thanks In Advance,
APT

The IIMA authorities are really considerate people. Send them a mail regarding the same and they would try their best to accomodate you. But I personally feel that rescheduling may be done fr a span of 2-3 days, it wud be difficult to reschedule it 15 days later as the process may get over till then. But do send ur mail with ur concerns n hope fr the best

My interview is on the first of March

And this is something trivial to start off with, but what exactly do we wear to the interview ?

@badshah what did u wear?

Asking because I am real bad at dressing

Is the 1 year program getting same recognision as the 2 year course and are they getting better placed since most do have heavy work ex

regards

Hi,

I am a fresher with ICT (Information and Communication Technology) background.

I have solid acads and am expecting a high CAT score (~65).
But I have hardly anything in the name of extra currics. I am not into sports or music and have reading as my only hobby.
Will this kind of too much acads-focussed profile hurt me?

Also, I like to write and regularly dabble with it. I have also been an editor of the college magazine. So if I mention "writing" as a hobby, what kind of questions can I expect?

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards,
Vivek

And this is something trivial to start off with, but what exactly do we wear to the interview ?

Dressing has to be formal. a formal shirt, trousers, tie and a suit if possible. Black shoes, well combed hair, no spiked, coloured hair...
I, myself, wore a suit, a white coloured shirt with black trousers
Hi,

I am a fresher with ICT (Information and Communication Technology) background.

I have solid acads and am expecting a high CAT score (~65).
But I have hardly anything in the name of extra currics. I am not into sports or music and have reading as my only hobby.
Will this kind of too much acads-focussed profile hurt me?

Also, I like to write and regularly dabble with it. I have also been an editor of the college magazine. So if I mention "writing" as a hobby, what kind of questions can I expect?

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards,
Vivek

No dude, not having good extra currics wont hurt ur chances a lot. But try developing interest in some particular field in these 2 months. U wud be quizzed over the same in the interview. If reading is ur hobby, then pick up any particular kind of author n read a few books written by him. If u mention writing as a hobby then u may be asked certain qns like
- wht kinda stuff u write
- u may be asked to write sumthing on the spot
- favourite style n any writer from whom u r inspired....

but i feel tht hving some kind of interests wud help u to keep interviewer panel quiz on ur strengths. so use these 2 months to prepare something

you will probably not be rescheduled. even if you are it will only be within those 3-4 days when interviews are being held in that particular city.

thanx a ton for taking the initiative Badshah :)

My questions :

a)I am a 2004 passout and have 14 months of workex as of now. What type of questions do they ask As far as the work ex is concerned ?
b)Do they stress on acads ?
c)I heard from some guys they do ask a bit of mathematics as well ( matrices,graphs,integration, etc), is it true ?
d)Though I have strong acads.. I don seem to remember anything now.. what all should I be revising.. I mean we have so many subjects in our engg.. what are the subjects they might quiz me on considering the fact that I'm a B.E in Information Technology.

thanx,

thanx a ton for taking the initiative Badshah :)

My questions :

a)I am a 2004 passout and have 14 months of workex as of now. What type of questions do they ask As far as the work ex is concerned ?
b)Do they stress on acads ?
c)I heard from some guys they do ask a bit of mathematics as well ( matrices,graphs,integration, etc), is it true ?
d)Though I have strong acads.. I don seem to remember anything now.. what all should I be revising.. I mean we have so many subjects in our engg.. what are the subjects they might quiz me on considering the fact that I'm a B.E in Information Technology.

thanx,

Ur interview wud be mainly based on ur work-ex. Prepare a lot of details about ur company profile, area in which u r working in, any particular module u r working in n so on. But prepare the company related info well( revenues, profits, clients, locations, SWOT analysis etc) .
Regarding acads, i wud advise u to take 3-4 of ur fav subjects and then prepare well on those subjects. Usually u can lead them into subjects u r interested in, sumtimes they ask directly abt the subjects u wud like them to quiz on. So u dont need to prepare ur ur engg subjects once again.
I was not asked any question in maths in A, but was asked a lot of qns in C & K. So u wud hv to prepare on mathematical concepts like matrix, determinant, calculus, probablity etc

cheers!!!

Contact Anush Raghavan (whymeworry on pagalguy)... He's 'da lawyer of our Batch and in my dorm

Hehe, the question's not really trivial, i was wondering for a long time what to wear, and ppl wear all sorts of things (suit/no suit, tie/no tie)... I wud advise u to wear a tie... a suit isn't necessary at all (in my GD/PIs for A, B, C and K, i wore just a regular formal shirt... some decent light coloured would be a nice idea and a decent tie --- avoid the mickey mouse and tweety ties... i didn't wear a suit for any of the interviews, got thru all the places i interviewed so can't say that wearing a suit is needed)
Is the 1 year program getting same recognision as the 2 year course and are they getting better placed since most do have heavy work ex

regards

The one year program has not yet begun... so no statistics of the placements, etc. are available. But u needn't worry, the 2 yr. PGP program has a very strong reputation and the selection procedure is one of the toughest around... so you'll get what u deserve, needn't worry about that

Regards,
Hanoz