SPJIMR vs ISB 1 Yr MBA

hi, SPJIMR has also started 1 Yr PGDM course similar to ISB. Friends,Please post you ideas and views.This will be helpful for the people who have lot of experience and want to make a right decision… I request current students of these schoo…

hi,
SPJIMR has also started 1 Yr PGDM course similar to ISB.
Friends,Please post you ideas and views.This will be helpful for the people who have lot of experience and want to make a right decision..
I request current students of these schools to post their views..thanks///

hi,
SPJIMR has also started 1 Yr PGDM course similar to ISB.
Friends,Please post you ideas and views.This will be helpful for the people who have lot of experience and want to make a right decision..
I request current students of these schools to post their views..thanks///

One year MBAs are like stuntedlives.

what do you mean?? please explain.

SP Jain may have launched a one year program like ISB, with one term at dubai and the other at singapore, but what I am worried is..Is the diploma offered recognised at either places?
What I mean, is, the Diploma offered at ISB is signed by the Dean, and is recognised in India, as well as abroad, because the program is in collaboration with LBS, Wharton and Kellog, and also the profs from these instis conduct entire courses there.
I dont want to indulge in slander of SP Jains initiative, but I am not clear about wheter the program is recognised in Dubai or Singapore.
And, if one ends up working in India at the end of the one year, then its a point of concern.
Also, the website does not indicate the number of international jobs clearly. And also if they expect to place students in Singapore...

1 Yr pgdm is being offered at mumbai, i checked it in the CD they are sending to everone who requests.I am more worried about the course structure..viz., what do they teach as part of Info Management and others..and how good are the placements..I tried to do little research on my part but none of the old students are responding et all..If we can know after 3-4 yrs of mba how the life/career would be ..then it is easier to take on the offer...

SP Jain may have launched a one year program like ISB, with one term at dubai and the other at singapore, but what I am worried is..Is the diploma offered recognised at either places?

I guess you are talking about SPJCM which is different than SPJIMR....(former is backed by the later)

This is SPJCM thread on PG....

Ketan
The points that stand out as the main difference between SPJ and ISB (the 1 yr programs) is that motto of the programs. For people who are already in IT industry and want an MBA so that they can advance their career interests, then SPJ is comparitively better, I think. I mean ISB may also be good but just imagine the investment, 15 lakhs , as compared to 4 lakhs !!!

Also, people in IT industry may want to take the 1 yr MBA as fast as possible and go back to the industry, and want to spend less money also.
And the course is very much tailored to their profile (ISB is generic).

But talking abt long term, may be ISB is better, am not sure. Current SPJ 1 yr students need to put in their inputs to substantiate this claim. As somebody said, we are not able to catch hold of them in any discussion group. Dunno whats wrong with them? Hope they give us some inputs.

Dear Ketan,
Probably i might have confused you,but I meant SPJIMR 1 Yr program at mumbai only..
Please see http://spjimr.org/pgpx/pgpx_faq.asp#10
We need inputs from the students and in the CD sent,it is mentioned that SP Jain is having partnership with Harvard and other business schools of west and they invite professors for lectures...CD was interesting enough..
Website says that students prefer domestic placements,probably that could be the reason why the average salary is less compared to other schools...
anyway the facts need to come from the students...

lets wait and see..if someone can drop in ....

The non participation of ex students of SPJIMR speaks volumes about the current students and the spjimr personality development..appears SP Jain students give info only to those whom they know personally...
neways SP Jain seems to be constantly landing in one mess or other..and still is known to be a reputed college in India..dont know from where it manages so much reputation....
SP JAin Students wake up and live up to the reputation of the college

I think the SPJCM program also costs near 15 lakhs ... and not 4 lakhs

ISB is costly but more generic

SPJIMR Mumbai is specific to IT and manufacturing.

So, if you want to get into marketting/finance/management consulting , then ISB is the best option.

If you want to getin IT Product/Project/Program/Delivery manager position or in IT consulting the SPJIMR is good. (But you can do this from ISB too, just that you pay 5 lakh instead of 15 lakh at SPJ)

Batch size at SPJIMR is 70 this year, may be 100-150 next year. At ISB its around 350-400.

ISB average/median domestic salary is much higher.

Also, at SPJIMR placements, the companies have dilemma whether to pick a candidate from 1-year MBA (4-5 years experience) or to pick a candidate from 2-year MBA (2-3 years experience), during lateral placements.

So I guess SPJIMR , though highly tempting with low fees and high chance of good placements (due to SPJIMR label) is more like MBA-IT.

m a current student @ 1yr PGDM SPJIMR

Our placement session just started and 75% of our batch (30 out of 47) are already placed at 11+ lakhs salary.

Roles offered
Operations Consulting
Program Management
Relationship Management
Business Consulting
Strategy Consulting
Product Management

All this for a mere fee of 6 lakhs ...

I know a guy who is doing his 1 year from SPJ Dubai and he doesn't seem to have a good experience. It seems they haven't been able to attract a lot of good faculty that is what he said... Either ways both of them are too expensive and as the saying goes NO PAIN NO GAIN

m a current student @ 1yr PGDM SPJIMR

Our placement session just started and 75% of our batch (30 out of 47) are already placed at 11+ lakhs salary.

Roles offered
Operations Consulting
Program Management
Relationship Management
Business Consulting
Strategy Consulting
Product Management

All this for a mere fee of 6 lakhs ...

hi a_friend_to_be vbmenu_register("postmenu_387862", true); ,
can u detail out ur placements ??
the avg sal?... the companies(already taken and expected..)? etc.. etc...
dont forget to mention the batch profile as well..
rgds..
hi a_friend_to_be vbmenu_register("postmenu_387862", true); ,
can u detail out ur placements ??
the avg sal?... the companies(already taken and expected..)? etc.. etc...
dont forget to mention the batch profile as well..
rgds..

Average Salary is yet ot be computed (will come out when all participants confirm acceptance) but the range is 8-13 lakhs ( lowest is 7.5 and highest is 13) . maximum junta have got 9+ offers. So its easily around 9.75 (mean)

companies :

Atos Origin ,mindtree, L&T; Infotech, Reliance, Satyam, Kanbay, Accenture, HR Johnson, McKinsey Knowledge Centre, Genpact , ICICI Infotech , HCL, Birlasoft (to name a few)
(PS these companies have hired oncampus + offcampus)

Companies still schedule to come on campus : ICICI BAnk, TATA Motors , LOGICA CMG, Asian Paints (to name a few)

Batch Profile : 47 students , avg work ex :6.X yrs Pre MBA salary 6+ LAkhs , Post MBA Salary 9.75+ (mean)

Students Remaining for placement : 6

PS : Placements for our program is rolling and only 6 out of 47 are remaining with more than 10 companies scheduled for placements in the next couple of weeks

ISB man!

dont even think about it!

among the experience ppl, you ll see that ISB currently ranks better than IIMA ! sp jain is way back down there!

bcoz of the isb threat the iims had to start a PGPEX course!

just look at the backing ISB has got?!?!? go through their website isb.edu and youll knwo! McKinsey , Kellogs and what not!

i agree ISB
no 2 ways about it